Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,317)

Showing posts 166,321 - 166,340 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

LOL!

I love it that Big D loves it that he is complaining about bias while championing bias.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never reported anyone, I figure if you cant take what you dish out... then one should not be posting.
But then I don’t blame you for the personal threats issue, I would report that too.
Gezzz you are taller than I am.. Im only 6'3" LOL
I used to let things people say pass in silence, but as I grew older I realized that silence is consent. I do not consent to this unequal bias, so if saying what is right is "mouthing off" then I will stop when they do.
Wow! You guys are so cool! So tall and all. Geez.

Also you stopped consenting to unequal bias so you "mouth off" and you will stop when "they" do! Priceless.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys keep saying that.
Fact is, 31 States have a Constitutional ban on same sex marriage, that is only 7 States shy of a US Constitutional Amendment.
Just keep that in mind, 7 more states and it won't matter what the SCOTUS has to say about the matter.
Bit of a race isn't it? Rhode Island appears to have SSM in the bag so there are 10 states allowing it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Bit of a race isn't it? Rhode Island appears to have SSM in the bag so there are 10 states allowing it.
It is funny, I have made predictions as to which state or nation will go next.. I have been wrong every time, some other state or nation speeds things up and slips in under the wire.

They are recognizing same sex marriages so fast it is difficult to keep up.

Another thing to note, is that California is in his “number of states”.... but California recognizes same sex marriages, some 18,000 of them preformed in the state, and there is no way the state legislature would sign on to that federal ban.. not going to happen.

He wouldn’t even get the states he is counting on, much less 7 others, you need 2/3 of state legislatures to get around the house and senate, which just isn’t going to happen.

They are desperately trying to find a way, but it is a lost cause, Same Sex marriage is a fact, and it will only grow from here.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
says the troll who is in a plural genitalia marriage; vagina, vagina. penis. how many gay marriages have your opinions thwarted?
All of them. Just pointing out, there is no such thing as ss marriage.

Smile.
Frankie Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Bell hop wrote:
Frankie, your being paged and you didn't pick up?
Don't you feel well today or this morning?
My polyps have been acting up since last night. The BBC next door gave it to me several times. Sorta hard to sit now without discomfort.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
...and there's no such thing as a sane chimera.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
While they tell others that we are being paranoid.
But ya ARE paranoid, Blanche.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
So you are totally unaware of the over a million same sex marriages worldwide, over 120,000 in the US, 18,000 even here in California?

Have you been living in a cave or something, or just watching Faux news?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately not. It is a sign that "Idiocracy" has arrived.
Cry baby.

waa...

waa....

waa....

Adapt or go extinct, wussy boy.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Here's how your barbaric community attempts to "straighten" kids out...

Gay Teens Starved, Tortured, Killed at Camp to Turn Them into ‘Men’

Three ‘gay and effeminate’ teens have died after being starved, tortured and killed at a camp that promised to turn them into 'men'.

A picture of Raymond Buys, 15, taken in April 2011 showed a skeletal, emaciated figure fighting for his life.

Just 10 weeks before, the teen’s parents signed him up to the Echo Wild Game Rangers training course in South Africa in perfect health.

In hospital, Buys was severely malnourished, dehydrated, his arm was broken in two places and there were burns and wounds all over his body. He lay in intensive care for four weeks until he died.

And now, the course ‘general’ Alex De Koker, 49, and employee Michael Erasmus, 20, are on trial for charges of murder, child abuse and neglect, along with two cases of assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm in relation to Buys' death.

The teen’s death is alleged to have been the third among the Afrikaans children who attended the R22,000 ($2,400,€1,900) courses, which have been advertized since 2006.

‘I sent my son on this course to make him a better man, to give him a better future,’ Buys’ mother told The Daily Telegraph.‘I trusted Alex De Koker with his life.’

Last week, the Vereeniging District Court heard the testimony of a boy who had shared a tent with Buys, the Daily Maverick reports.

Gerhard Oostuizen, 19, claims Buys was chained to his bed every night, was refused permission to visit the toilet and on one occasion was forced to eat his own feces.

He also said he would be beaten with planks, hosepipes and sticks when he failed to carry out manual labor tasks.

Oostuizen alleged further he saw De Koker tied Buys to a chair naked with his head covered in a pillowcase, and would electrocute him with a stun gun.

Gender activist Melanie Nathan has said the three young men were all perceived as ‘gay and clearly effeminate’.

In reference to ‘gay conversion camps’, Nathan writes:‘With a little bit of digging [into the story], the gay reparative undertones start to emerge.’

Eric Calitz, 18, and Nicolaas Van Der Walt, 19, had both died after being enrolled at the Echo Wild Game Rangers camp four years earlier.

When Calitz requested to leave, De Koker reportedly told him he ‘wasn’t a moffie [gay] and he would make a man out of him’.

Calitz’s family was informed of his death via text message, saying he had died of a heart attack.

Afterwards, doctors said the cause of death was from a seizure, dehydration and found bleeding from the brain.

Van Der Walt was also claimed to have died from a heart attack, but doctors said he had appeared to have been choked with a seatbelt.

In 2009, De Koker was handed a suspended sentence over Calitz but escaped charges for the death of Van Der Walt, and the camp was allowed to continue.

Both De Koker and Erasmus have pleaded not guilty to the charges. The case continues.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are totally unaware of the over a million same sex marriages worldwide, over 120,000 in the US, 18,000 even here in California?
Pretty telling about his cognitive abilities, isn't it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> Pretty telling about his cognitive abilities, isn't it.
It is like the are living in a bubble, no information gets in other than what is spoon fed to them by either political or religious puppet masters
same ole

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

The bible ppl....
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Nevada is inching closer to overturning their constitutional ban, going to the vote in the legislature and they have the numbers, then onto the next ballot, which currently more voters support same sex marriage than oppose

California’s will also be overturned one way or the other as most California voters now support same sex marriage, but doubt that will be needed on a ballot, it will likely switch legally before the year is out.

Their magical 31 states will be 29 before too long with their "loss" of those two states.

Meanwhile Delaware, Rode island and Pennsylvania are on the move to recognizing same sex marriage.

Right now nearly all movement seems to be in the right direction.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

I forgot to mention Oregon, a judge has recently found their ban to be unconstitutional... that one is just barely starting on the same path California is on.

Like I have been saying, things are moving so fast it is difficult to keep up
JoeFriday

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Why don't you let my friends alone?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is funny, I have made predictions as to which state or nation will go next.. I have been wrong every time, some other state or nation speeds things up and slips in under the wire.
They are recognizing same sex marriages so fast it is difficult to keep up.
Another thing to note, is that California is in his “number of states”.... but California recognizes same sex marriages, some 18,000 of them preformed in the state, and there is no way the state legislature would sign on to that federal ban.. not going to happen.
He wouldn’t even get the states he is counting on, much less 7 others, you need 2/3 of state legislatures to get around the house and senate, which just isn’t going to happen.
They are desperately trying to find a way, but it is a lost cause, Same Sex marriage is a fact, and it will only grow from here.
Oy vey.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm aware there are a number of fake, imposter, sterile, duplicate half of marriage pretendies, but no such thing as a 'ss marriage'.

Smile.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that, um , that something that a "drunken loser who has missed the train" should learn from? So as not to be an "elitist hater"?
Yes, but, I've given up hope that you'll ever learn.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 166,321 - 166,340 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rowland Heights Discussions

Search the Rowland Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
An Azusa neighborhood has become a common groun... (Aug '09) 58 min out of azusa 192
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 8 hr pomkIk 1,235
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 10 hr Foes 15,666
La puente shows us the way. 12 hr Sunset 4
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 14 hr Lug Heads 7,300
Baldwin Park Royal Coaches criminal enterprise 17 hr Just Me 6
Elin Vanderlip dies at 90 at her Rancho Palos V... (Jul '09) 18 hr Just Saying 84
•••
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••