Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,153)

Showing posts 163,041 - 163,060 of200,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between couples childless because of medical reasons and ss couples who are inherently desolate and barren.
There is also a difference between a default mother and father, and a duplicated half of parenthood. Especially to the child.
Another proof that ss 'marriage's are an oxymoron
Another schooling too...
Smirk.
Blathering on about your narrow minded opinion isn't schooling, dumdum. There are legally recognised marriages where both parties are of the same sex. They're married. Just because you can't accept that little inconvenient truth doesn't negate them.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The goal of religious evangelism is to convert.
Are you trying to convert heterosexuals? How does that work for converting homosexuals?
Snicker.
Yes... In fact we are trying to convert heterosexuals. But not in the way you intimate.

We are trying to change your minds about homosexuality. We are in a movement to show you that we are equal to you in EVERY way; that we function normally in society just like you do. We are trying to show you that we will not be treated as a group of people who are willing to be hated and vilified out of your ignorance of science and your adherence to archaic religious beliefs.

In short, we're trying to get you to wrap your mind around the fact that we are like you in every way except a small aspect of our lives.

THAT is how we are trying to convert heterosexuals.

Unlike you, we ARE NOT on a mission to attempt to get you to change your attractions.

Get it now?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>I have a Friend who lives in Amsterdam, in the 12 years that same sex marriage has been legal, his marriage of 20 years has not changed at all. Why should it?
Exactly

what is it about those that oppose same sex marriage that their marriages are so terribly fragile that they are like frightened little children.

My marriage is fine, same sex marriage has not harmed me or my children in any way at all.

Why should it?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage is actually strenghtened by gay marriage
Oh do tell......how is marriage, the historical, cultural, social, legal, and/or religious union of husband and wife, strengthened by "gay marriage", by calling a personal intimate sexual union between two men/women, marriage?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Across The Pond wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously not anymore,what are you the village moron? 10 states and counting now isn't it? That makes your bigoted post a lie! Try again sport! Yuk,Yuk,Yuk!
Not quite sure your post fits with my answer.

sheesh void of hate wrote:
Homosexuals are no more barren than heterosexual couples that resort to artificial insemination, surrogates, etc.

I in turn wrote: As long as both couples were of the opposite sex.

So, again....not we quite sure you understood the issue referenced in the posts.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage is actually strenghtened by gay marriage
I agree, making it more inclusive only strengthens it

No one not in court and certainly not here has ever shown the opposite.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how some Christians like announce over and over again that they are Chriletters They have crosses around their necks. They have that "Jesus fish" think on their bumper. They always seem to have a piece of scripture on their tongue. Heck, there are entire network stations devoted to Christianity.
There are entire network stations devoted to sports too. People wear apparel of their favorite team, put stickers on their cars, etc. All sorts of interests are put on display.
The same can be said for Judaism. The same can be said for Islam.
Are you as frustrated with these folks who seem to always be pushing their religion on you? Do you get as outraged at them when they want to "indoctrinate" your children in public schools or in other public areas?
Do athletes and celebrities call press conferences to announce their religious beliefs?
Here's the thing... The dust will eventually settle down. LGBT people won't always have a need to "come out". At some point in the future--probably long after you and I are gone--being gay will be seen as perfectly normal. There won't be any need for us to make an special effort to make our presence known.
So for now the lettuce, guacamole, bean, and tomato, sandwich crowd will still be waving the rainbow flag?

Why aren't those letters in alphabetical order? Just wondering.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep guessing toots. I'll give you a hint though. My wife does like to ride pillion. We've been married for almost 15 years if that helps you figure things out.
That bike, BTW, is a 1978 Honda 750 I bought new. By today's standards it is overweight, underpowered, and has inferior suspension and braking. I still love it though, lots of happy memories and miles.
There are some competitive gay riders. Homosexuality doesn't limit coordination, stamina, or courage.
Lastly, I favor Caterpillar boots. They're comfortable and durable and relatively water resistant.
HTH
Gays are fruity pansies! The only motorized bikes they could handle operating are scooters!lmfao!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>And there you have it. Marriage to you is a sanctioned fluckfest, a god ordained ticket to procreation. Well good for you. My marriage is about sharing my life with my wife. Any one can have sex you moron, and you damn sure don't need to be married to do so. What a sad life you have.
Yes.. my wife is my best friend, my closest confidant and harshest critic, the one I share my hopes and dreams with, she is not my property, but my partner in life

I donít see any reason not to extend that to same sex couples.

Tradition mean nothing to me, traditionally Christians were murdered for entertainment. Just because something was true long ago, does not make it a good thing for today.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
Do athletes and celebrities call press conferences to announce their religious beliefs?
Nope, only rap stars with songs like "slap my bitch up" refer to and thank god publically
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Gays are fruity pansies! The only motorized bikes they could handle operating are scooters!lmfao!
Wow, I take it you have never been off the farm and only know what your parents tell you
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>I have a Friend who lives in Amsterdam, in the 12 years that same sex marriage has been legal, his marriage of 20 years has not changed at all. Why should it?
Who cares, Jizzy? What a dopey story!

Too funny.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly
what is it about those that oppose same sex marriage that their marriages are so terribly fragile that they are like frightened little children.
My marriage is fine, same sex marriage has not harmed me or my children in any way at all.
Why should it?
Exactly.

Even child molesting welfare cheating poly marriage doesn't harm you.

Why should it?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>And there you have it. Marriage to you is a sanctioned fluckfest, a god ordained ticket to procreation. Well good for you. My marriage is about sharing my life with my wife. Any one can have sex you moron, and you damn sure don't need to be married to do so. What a sad life you have.
Your marriage is about yelling at your old lady to wait in the truck.

And ignoring her while you post dopey stuff on gay forums.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.. my wife is my best friend, my closest confidant and harshest critic, the one I share my hopes and dreams with, she is not my property, but my partner in life
I donít see any reason not to extend that to same sex couples.
Tradition mean nothing to me, traditionally Christians were murdered for entertainment. Just because something was true long ago, does not make it a good thing for today.
Oh for chrissakes any excuse at all to inject religion and murdering Christians for entertainment into the conversation eh Biggie?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
There are entire network stations devoted to sports too. People wear apparel of their favorite team, put stickers on their cars, etc. All sorts of interests are put on display.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So for now the lettuce, guacamole, bean, and tomato, sandwich crowd will still be waving the rainbow flag?
Why aren't those letters in alphabetical order? Just wondering.
I realize frustrating this must be for you. It's a contentious issue. And based on the exchanges that I have seen here (and have been involved in), it's very easy to sink to a level where you might feel better by throwing arrows in your comments. God knows I've done it.

That being said, I hope you read my response to Kimare about what the LGBT community is trying to do.

And to answer your last question, for years, in the LGBT community, there was a tremendous focus on the "G" to the exclusion of all others.

Lesbians seemed to take a backseat to gay men. Bisexuals were thought of as "confused". And heaven help the transgender community. Many gay men didn't want to be associated in any way with a man who seemed "too Nellie".

Over time, however, as our community grew and matured, we realized that there was strength in numbers--that we all had the same goal; to educate society; to be widely accepted as equals; and to pursue rights and protections under the law that had not been provided for in the past.

Many people in the 90s referred to the movement as the "GLBT" movement. At some point along the way, we began to recognize that Lesbians were still not being widely included in the overall movement. So there was a collective decision in our community to begin using "LGBT" in an effort to be more inclusive and equitable.

Let's try an experiment where I won't be nasty and snarky to you, if you won't be nasty and snarky to me.

Keep in mind that I may rip Kimare to shreds on occasion since we have a long history together. He, in my opinion, is the least respectful, nastiest person who is involved in this discussion.

There are others. But none have been more personal in their attacks than him.

He is a loose cannon and not representative of "your side".

We can talk to one another as adults--respectful adults.

I'm willing to give it a shot.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I take it you have never been off the farm and only know what your parents tell you
That'll convince her to support SSM! Way to go Biggie!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
Even child molesting welfare cheating poly marriage doesn't harm you.
Why should it?
Your friends have not harmed me specifically, but I am glad they are being put in prison for their crimes against children.

I think you are wrong assuming all people in Poly relationships are like that. I have never assumed anything of the kind, only pointed out that is what people are seeing and why public support has not grown for that movement.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That'll convince her to support SSM! Way to go Biggie!
You are mistaken that I want Cow Grils support, I want her to keep making comments as the poster child for those against same sex marriage, that will do more to support SSM than anything else I could do.

Like Sarah Palin for the Tea Party
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for chrissakes any excuse at all to inject religion and murdering Christians for entertainment into the conversation eh Biggie?
I only bring that up when people bring up history and tradition as if following what was done in the past is always a good thing.

Try to keep up Frankie, you need to learn to take posts in the context of what they were responding to.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 163,041 - 163,060 of200,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rowland Heights Discussions

Search the Rowland Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Do you approve of Ricardo Pacheco as Council Me... (Sep '11) 6 min Warning Pacheco 17
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 17 min RiccardoFire 7,813
Hadsell Lawsuit Ex Police Chief Joke 19 min Funny Story 3
Singhal Lawsuit another Joke just like him 29 min Really True 3
Letica Lara Fired Finally Drama Queen 42 min Why 2
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 59 min Oldies news stand 4,850
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 1 hr Oldies news stand 2,223
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at July 12 at 2:31AM PDT

•••
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE