Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185344 Mar 29, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
wasnt this thread about gay marraige...??
richardo...just to let you know...
there are a WHOLE slew of things that gay people joined in "UNIONS" dont enjoy the same way married people do....
look them up and get back to me...
you are such a lazy study...
That's what I thought, why did you bring up your injury and bash old people? What is wrong with you?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185345 Mar 29, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
that is not what most people gathered from the proceeedings...
considering you refuse to listen to them....??
you cant know much about what happened?
so ill tell ya..
all your arguements were literally laughed out of court....
both days.
this has been fun, i thank you for entertaining me by being so bassackwards....
you make me realize how evolved i am comaped to some..
Ps: im watching lincoln right now...
the bigots in the movie who are against the 13th amendment, sound just like you guys do.
regardless of party.....both party were full of bigots.
it is amazing they passed it.
Another idiot learning history from Hollywood....lol. What does "comaped" even mean?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185346 Mar 29, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
what else am I supposed to call you when you compare human beings to dogs??
racists do that to black people...
you are no different.
bigot.
fascist.
That was Ronald scatter brains. And your friend Veryvermillion compared animals to gay. But it was okay since he's gay. Thanks for proving my point to Veryvermillion that you stick to the club no matter the point. You are a bigot for calling out old people.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185347 Mar 29, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
POT is illegal.....if you dont have a doctors recommendation.
Which means it's legal. A sore thumb gets you a card.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185348 Mar 29, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
you are still convinced everybody who is passionate about civil rights??
!
You really can't read. I'm convinced that you are stupid.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#185349 Mar 29, 2013
No Harm No Foul wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hay oh great ignorant one! Maybe you should educate yourself on the medicinal and medical properties of Cannabis! There are many legitimate uses for Pot and it can be of great help to those who are suffering from medical conditions like Cancer, glaucoma,and really to many others to name in a post! It also helps immensely in cancer patients going through chemo and radiation therapy who have no appetites where pot helps stimulate! Many people who suffer from chronic pain use it also and again it is of great help to them,so don't judge!You sound like a very bitter whatever but maybe like I said do a little reading on the subject before you spout off like this! The answer is NO we need to look into the further uses of Pot as a medicinal thing! The honest truth is that it's a lot less harmful than alcohol is and doesn't do the damage that alcohol does! Ban pot? How did trying to ban alcohol work out for the country? You sound as I said like a bitter uneducated fool!
Where did I write that pot wasn't valuable for medical uses? Think next time before you spit your rant. Go back read, I simply wrote that for Hemp head pot might not be a good idea. Like any drug, it has it's limits and uses and MIS-USES. Hemp head might be proof that pot can be dangerous to some.
Best Case

La Puente, CA

#185350 Mar 29, 2013
Jason Derek Brown / Mormon religious follower and could be in hiding with them.

The FBI Ten Most Wanted list.

Brown, 43, is wanted on murder and armed robbery charges in Phoenix.

He is accused of fatally shooting an armored car guard, Robert Keith Palomares, on Nov. 29, 2004, Brown fired six rounds from a .45-caliber handgun at close range, striking Palomares at least five times in the head.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#185351 Mar 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>That was Ronald scatter brains. And your friend Veryvermillion compared animals to gay. But it was okay since he's gay. Thanks for proving my point to Veryvermillion that you stick to the club no matter the point. You are a bigot for calling out old people.
RiccardoFire.

Exactly. "Everyone" makes reference to the Republican's 13th and 14th Amendments, but few of them have actually read them in order to determine what they say. Let's join with our African and non-African Homosexual friends and the lesbians to end the H8 that is being directed against we dog lovers. United, we can leave the H8'ers behind in the dust. My honey says WOFF! when I tell him we must end "old fashioned" straight-laced canineophobia.

Ronald
hubbub

Pittsburgh, PA

#185352 Mar 29, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
And the Judge was really Gay also?
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185353 Mar 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that how you view Christians who have firmly come out in favor of same-gender marriage? Are they "traitors, self-haters, self-loathers, etc.", as well?
they refuse to listen to reality!!

the transcrpit would burn their ears off on this issue.
I keep trying to telling them about what heppened in court this week.

predictably, they are ignoring the results.

instead of discussing what the court did??

they just keep on bigoting away.

there REALLY is no hope for this crowd to become more tolerant towards people who are different.

look at how much time reichardo spends posting to me about LITERALLY nothing.

that is because he doesnt have much to say at this point that is not tainted with anti-gay bigotry.

judging on pissed off they all are??

id say we won.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185354 Mar 29, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
And another thing, there are Christian polygamists, again diversity of opinion, thought, practice, etc.
you need to work on your acceptance of diversity..

your dogma is right in the way of your karma.

esp if you want the world to accept YOUR situation.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#185355 Mar 29, 2013
"...the country is changing and you better get with it and understand it. The genie is not getting put back in the bottle. I dont care what this court does with this particular ruling, Proposition 8. I think the inertia is clearly moving in the direction that there is going to be gay marriage at some point nationwide.

Isn't that what we've been saying all along?
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185356 Mar 29, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
And another thing, there are Christian polygamists, again diversity of opinion, thought, practice, etc.
so MEN shouldnt be allowed to marry a women unless she is fertile?

women over 55 cant get married??

i know you dont want to hear it? the state requires NOTHING from anyones marriage.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185357 Mar 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
"...the country is changing and you better get with it and understand it. The genie is not getting put back in the bottle. I dont care what this court does with this particular ruling, Proposition 8. I think the inertia is clearly moving in the direction that there is going to be gay marriage at some point nationwide.
Isn't that what we've been saying all along?
that is just the point VV

all they(scotus) have to DO is NOT hear it.....

and prop HATE is a goner.

DOMA's constitutionality is ALREADY on the ropes..

if those court proceedings were any indication..

it will likely be stuck down

the attourney defendng DOMA admitted it was a document based on prejudice and politics.....(what a s&&ty attourney, right?)

I love hearing those law makers speeches, on the senate and house floor, in 1996, argueing against DOMA
being enacted.....

it was heart warming!

now we can see clearly, those lawmakers were on the loving and tolerant side of history(for once)

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#185358 Mar 29, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at all. There is diversity of thought, opinion, practice, etc wthin Christianity. Now that I've answered your question, perhaps you could answer mine, opine please.
The only gay guy who I've heard who has come out against same-gender marriage is a man who I have some respect and pity for.

Doug Mainwaring calls himself a "gay man who is against same-sex marriage".

His story is complicated.

As a young man in college he began to experiment with his attractions toward other guys. But like so many young gay men, he couldn't commit to accept his homosexuality.

Instead he married a woman who he sang in the choir with. They attempted to have children, but learned that they were physically unable. So, they ended up adopting 2 kids.

A few years later, they decided to get a divorce. It apparently had nothing to do with his sexual orientation.

While he was divorced, he dated men and even had a couple of significant relationships. But he longed to be in a relationship with his wife because he didn't like the fact that his kids were growing up between two households.

After some work, he and his wife ended up remarrying. They set up a relationship in which there would be no sexual activity between the two of them. Rather, they would be "friends". They also agreed that neither of them would pursue sexual relationships outside of their marriage. Their sole focus would be on raising their children.

Doug claims that it is impossible for two men to have the kind of deep relationship that is possible between a man and a woman. He says that same-gender relationships are "one dimensional". He says that they're largely based on sex; that two men who are in a sexual relationship tend to forgo the deep friendship that can only come from opposite gender relationships.

So, there you have it... He's the "Gay man who is against same-gender marriage".

But more accurately, he is the non-sexual gay man who decided to remarry his wife for the purposes of giving his children an intact home.

That he has "opinions" that I don't agree with, doesn't faze me in the least. His situation is complicated. And that he wasn't able to find a fulfilling relationship with another man in no way indicates that there are no deeply loving same-gender relationships.

If he wants to live in a sexless relationship with a woman for the purposes of raising his kids, it's a free country.

Though, I'm sure you're going to insist that they consummate their marriage, otherwise it isn't legally binding.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#185360 Mar 29, 2013
hemp for telelgraphs wrote:
<quoted text>
that is just the point VV
all they(scotus) have to DO is NOT hear it.....
and prop HATE is a goner.
DOMA's constitutionality is ALREADY on the ropes..
if those court proceedings were any indication..
it will likely be stuck down
the attourney defendng DOMA admitted it was a document based on prejudice and politics.....(what a s&&ty attourney, right?)
I love hearing those law makers speeches, on the senate and house floor, in 1996, argueing against DOMA
being enacted.....
it was heart warming!
now we can see clearly, those lawmakers were on the loving and tolerant side of history(for once)
You know what's going to floor them is when they learn that the person who spoke so eloquently about same-sex marriage being an inevitability was none other than Rush Limbaugh.
Morning Joe

La Puente, CA

#185361 Mar 29, 2013
Not a chance in h i c ups.
hemp for telelgraphs

Anderson, CA

#185362 Mar 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Which means it's legal. A sore thumb gets you a card.
I guess since youve run out of arguements against gay marriage??

you are now turning to MMJ?

I liken those two struggles with each other, as acceptance on both issues, has grown exponetionally during my 44 years.

dont be a pot bigot, it isnt anymore flattereing than being bigot, when it comes to gay rights...

patient rights are big struggle too!!

holding on to the sacred instittuion of privacy, is paramount.

weve experienced OUR share of harrasment over what type of medicine we choose to use.

not quite as degrading and personal as when GAY people are attacked//

but is still ignorance on display...

especially with you and MMJ.

because weve gone OVER AND OVER that you dont like to venture out of the reich wing info bubble to study the issue without as much bigoted bias.

back in the good ole days of racism???

weed was used to reinforce stereo types..

and racism was used to villify pot use as well.

youve no doubt seen "reefer madness"

ill say no more.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#185364 Mar 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
"...the country is changing and you better get with it and understand it. The genie is not getting put back in the bottle. I dont care what this court does with this particular ruling, Proposition 8. I think the inertia is clearly moving in the direction that there is going to be gay marriage at some point nationwide.
Isn't that what we've been saying all along?
veryvermilion

Yes. You express the Christian viewpoint perfectly. According Christian belief, God created, and he saw that it was good. Then, sin crept in and man fell. According to that point of view, as time progresses man has been entrapped in a downward spiral because of the choices that he himself makes. As a result, he becomes ever more degenerate and estranged from his maker. Do you have any solution that might solve this long standing vexatious dilemma?

Ronald

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#185365 Mar 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The only gay guy who I've heard who has come out against same-gender marriage is a man who I have some respect and pity for.
Doug Mainwaring calls himself a "gay man who is against same-sex marriage".
His story is complicated.
As a young man in college he began to experiment with his attractions toward other guys. But like so many young gay men, he couldn't commit to accept his homosexuality.
Instead he married a woman who he sang in the choir with. They attempted to have children, but learned that they were physically unable. So, they ended up adopting 2 kids.
A few years later, they decided to get a divorce. It apparently had nothing to do with his sexual orientation.
While he was divorced, he dated men and even had a couple of significant relationships. But he longed to be in a relationship with his wife because he didn't like the fact that his kids were growing up between two households.
After some work, he and his wife ended up remarrying. They set up a relationship in which there would be no sexual activity between the two of them. Rather, they would be "friends". They also agreed that neither of them would pursue sexual relationships outside of their marriage. Their sole focus would be on raising their children.
Doug claims that it is impossible for two men to have the kind of deep relationship that is possible between a man and a woman. He says that same-gender relationships are "one dimensional". He says that they're largely based on sex; that two men who are in a sexual relationship tend to forgo the deep friendship that can only come from opposite gender relationships.
So, there you have it... He's the "Gay man who is against same-gender marriage".
But more accurately, he is the non-sexual gay man who decided to remarry his wife for the purposes of giving his children an intact home.
That he has "opinions" that I don't agree with, doesn't faze me in the least. His situation is complicated. And that he wasn't able to find a fulfilling relationship with another man in no way indicates that there are no deeply loving same-gender relationships.
If he wants to live in a sexless relationship with a woman for the purposes of raising his kids, it's a free country.
Though, I'm sure you're going to insist that they consummate their marriage, otherwise it isn't legally binding.
There are others. Even in the protests against SSM in France, there was gay opposition to redefining marriage. So what is your opinion of those gay folks oppose SSM for the same reason some straight folks do? Are they traitors, self loathers, self haters?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 41 min oops 5,022
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin For Life 27,577
Did You Know Monica Garcia was a Consultant 8 hr Funny Story 1
City Again Trying to give Land Away 8 hr Real Slow 6
East side bolen gang of baldwin park (Jun '08) 12 hr Mr big dik 534
Albertsons out (Jul '08) 14 hr Mr Lucky 37
LMP gang celebrates 31 years (Jun '08) 15 hr lil insane 1,730

Fire Weather Watch for Los Angeles County was issued at September 30 at 12:52PM PDT

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Jobs

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rowland Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]