Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,867)

Showing posts 157,321 - 157,340 of200,244
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Find it yourself clown. The where and when it happened is in her essay. Read it.
What's my vote count? Did you make any more derogatory threads against me since the last few?
You posted the crap, no find the real story. I would like to understand why the kids where taken away. If it what I think, you might want to look deeper.

More than 400 children, mostly girls in pioneer dresses, were swept into state custody from a polygamist sect in what authorities described Monday as the largest child-welfare operation in Texas history.

The dayslong raid on the sprawling compound built by now-jailed polygamist leader Warren Jeffs was sparked by a 16-year-old girl's call to authorities that she was being abused and that girls as young as 14 and 15 were being forced into marriages with much older men.

Dressed in home-sewn, ankle-length dresses with their hair pinned up in braids, some 133 women left the Yearning for Zion Ranch of their own volition along with the children.

http://www.google.com/url...

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so dumb, you can't understand a decent analogy.
I'm not making an 'analogy to the definition of marriage', I'm mocking the claim that children are not a part of marriage.
Everyone but you knows that...
Smirk.
Well, stupid, you are the only person why has made that claim.
LOL!
Guess you might as well join everybody else who mocks you.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Moreover, if you remove the element of procreation, you dumb down marriage to just a friendship. Hardly a cause for government interest, let alone selective discrimination.
Smile.
<quoted text>
First, there is no procreation in gay relationships. Zero.
Well, since you don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry, that doesn't matter.
KiMare wrote:
Second, gays are the ones attempting the 'removing' of procreation form marriage. I'm removing nothing. Remember the desolate walnut tree hanging apples on itself claiming to be an apple tree?
I doubt if you ever met logic...
Well, that analogy avoids logic. And you are too stupid to understand why.

Nobody is trying to remove procreation from marriage.
Hidious

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Never can tell but 3.5 % is a lot to me.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since you don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry, that doesn't matter.
<quoted text>
Well, that analogy avoids logic. And you are too stupid to understand why.
Nobody is trying to remove procreation from marriage.
No the goal is to remove the conjugal, husband and wife, aspect from legal marriage. Procreation is the natural, unless there are obstacles to the contrary, result of the male female sexual union. The male male, or female female does not produce anything that warrants a compelling state interest.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>You posted the crap, no find the real story. I would like to understand why the kids where taken away. If it what I think, you might want to look deeper.
More than 400 children, mostly girls in pioneer dresses, were swept into state custody from a polygamist sect in what authorities described Monday as the largest child-welfare operation in Texas history.
The dayslong raid on the sprawling compound built by now-jailed polygamist leader Warren Jeffs was sparked by a 16-year-old girl's call to authorities that she was being abused and that girls as young as 14 and 15 were being forced into marriages with much older men.
Dressed in home-sewn, ankle-length dresses with their hair pinned up in braids, some 133 women left the Yearning for Zion Ranch of their own volition along with the children.
The fact is innocent children were permanently damaged. And no evidence of the alleged crimes was found. The accusations were false and the phone call was phony.

Happy children were removed from their loving biological parents and relegated to strangers. Often without even their siblings. NICE! eh Jizzy?

There are perfectly good laws against all the imagined crimes you associate with polygamy. Use them. Prosecute crimes to the full extent of the law NO MATTER WHAT TYPE OF MARRIAGE the criminals are in.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, stupid, you are the only person why has made that claim.
LOL!
Guess you might as well join everybody else who mocks you.
Rose_NoHo.

Exactly! Regular readers of this thread always agree with me when I say that the love I have for my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and yes, even the Homosexual and non-Homosexual Africans is second to none. Even so, I do not approve of Homosexual cannibals using Homosexual Africans to make sandwiches.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/b6vnlvw

Ronald
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>You posted the crap, no find the real story. I would like to understand why the kids where taken away. If it what I think, you might want to look deeper.
In 2008, state authorities entered the community after Texas Child Protective Services (CPS) and other authorities received several calls from abused juveniles.[3] However, one or more of these calls were made by a Colorado Springs, Colorado resident, Rozita Swinton, masquerading as a YFZ ranch resident. In the call or calls, Swinton falsely identified herself as 'Sarah' and gave her age as 16. She was later arrested in Colorado and the fictional 'Sarah' has not been shown to exist.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
Here you go. Wikipedia, just your speed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YFZ_Ranch

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is innocent children were permanently damaged. And no evidence of the alleged crimes was found. The accusations were false and the phone call was phony.
Happy children were removed from their loving biological parents and relegated to strangers. Often without even their siblings. NICE! eh Jizzy?
There are perfectly good laws against all the imagined crimes you associate with polygamy. Use them. Prosecute crimes to the full extent of the law NO MATTER WHAT TYPE OF MARRIAGE the criminals are in.
Barlow was sentenced to jail last year after pleading no contest to conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor. He was ordered to register as a sex offender for three years while he is on probation.

The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, headed by Jeffs after his father's death in 2002, broke away from the Mormon church after the latter disavowed polygamy more than a century ago.

Jeffs is jailed in Kingman, Ariz., where he awaits trial for four counts each of incest and sexual conduct with a minor stemming from two arranged marriages between teenage girls and their older male relatives.

In November, he was sentenced to two consecutive sentences of five years to life in prison in Utah for being an accomplice to the rape of a 14-year-old girl who wed her cousin in an arranged marriage in 2001

Falsely accused????
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

National Review columnist John Derbyshire called the raid on the Zion ranch the "atrocity of the month", but said he had seen only one editorial critical of the removals.
MarchOdimes

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Never can tell but 3.5 % is a lot to me, so why are you still trying to stop them?

Modesto, Ca - blow it out your corn cobb pipe, just shut up.

Your both acting like crank-yankers.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
Exactly! Regular readers of this thread always agree with me when I say that the love I have for my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and yes, even the Homosexual and non-Homosexual Africans is second to none. Even so, I do not approve of Homosexual cannibals using Homosexual Africans to make sandwiches.
Source: http://tinyurl.com/b6vnlvw
Ronald
Hello Ronald.

Always amused to read your posts!

I will get hate mail for saying hello to you. You are a severe violation of newspeak!

Say hello to your honey! Arf!

Frankie.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Barlow was sentenced to jail last year after pleading no contest to conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor. He was ordered to register as a sex offender for three years while he is on probation.
The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, headed by Jeffs after his father's death in 2002, broke away from the Mormon church after the latter disavowed polygamy more than a century ago.
Jeffs is jailed in Kingman, Ariz., where he awaits trial for four counts each of incest and sexual conduct with a minor stemming from two arranged marriages between teenage girls and their older male relatives.
In November, he was sentenced to two consecutive sentences of five years to life in prison in Utah for being an accomplice to the rape of a 14-year-old girl who wed her cousin in an arranged marriage in 2001
Falsely accused????
Prosecute the criminal not the type marriage.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

The "Sister Wives" stop by 'Ellen'

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Barlow was sentenced to jail last year after pleading no contest to conspiracy to commit sexual conduct with a minor. He was ordered to register as a sex offender for three years while he is on probation.
Falsely accused????
Yes. The alleged crimes against the parents of the other 459 were false. And the phone call also was. Jeffs is a scumbag. So was the homosexual Jeffry Dahmer. Should we outlaw SSM because of his crimes?

P.S. Are pioneer dresses against the law? Do they offend you?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I said news story jackass
Oprah! Just your speed dummy!

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Inside-the-YFZ...

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prosecute the criminal not the type marriage.
Damn son you cant read.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. The alleged crimes against the parents of the other 459 were false. And the phone call also was. Jeffs is a scumbag. So was the homosexual Jeffry Dahmer. Should we outlaw SSM because of his crimes?
P.S. Are pioneer dresses against the law? Do they offend you?
Still having a hard time with this arent ya boy. I don't care, marry five of what ever sex you like. This is the last time I will tell you. After this you get dumb fluckered.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 157,321 - 157,340 of200,244
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rowland Heights Discussions

Search the Rowland Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pacheco Doing Buddy Deals with Lamar and Crook ... 18 min Attention Tribune 2
You Want Dirt Sid Mousavi CK Campaign Donations 26 min Attention Tribune 1
Pony vs Little League (Dec '09) 1 hr Curious 99
18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) 6 hr CRICKET 1,730
Judge orders Wells Fargo to reverse $203 millio... (Aug '10) 11 hr dariusrickard 57
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 14 hr PMS will get yeah 7,821
San Pedro drive-by shooting appears to be gang-... (May '09) 16 hr clean are streets 199
•••
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE