Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201881 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Cali Girl 2014dal ct

Murrieta, CA

#232553 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>To be a Christian one must be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial church mouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:

"...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" Luke 14:33
"If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" Matt. 19:21
"Sell your possessions and give alms" Luke 12:33
"But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" Luke 11:41
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Matt. 6:19-21
"How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" Mark 10:23
"Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" Matt. 19:23-24
A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21

I have never seen a real Christian.
Yes,you have!
Revlon

La Puente, CA

#232554 Sep 10, 2014
Rollies are better than tootie pop.
1212fell

Berryville, AR

#232555 Sep 10, 2014
To go Biblical for a few minutes, there are always the BIGOTS that hide behind the sanctity of their marriage vows to their wives, then go ahead and enjoy being pleasured by other men. Thus,
it ever was (even in the Roman days).
Cali Girl 2014dal ct

Murrieta, CA

#232556 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>To be a Christian one must be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial church mouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:

"...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" Luke 14:33
"If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" Matt. 19:21
"Sell your possessions and give alms" Luke 12:33
"But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" Luke 11:41
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Matt. 6:19-21
"How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" Mark 10:23
"Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" Matt. 19:23-24
A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21

I have never seen a real Christian.
Then you're blind!
Cali Girl 2014dal ct

Murrieta, CA

#232557 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>Please read your own confusing contradictory words. An Atheist is someone who does not believe in God and you admit that when we are all born we lack any knowledge of God. Therefore by your own words, we are all born Atheists.

You just attach a lot of baggage to the word Atheist that doesn't belong.

All knowledge of God comes from people telling us God exists. It is all hearsay. If there was such a thing as God it would be a simple thing to prove it. Yet it can't be proven, you just have to believe it, or not.

Why do you hate me for not believing your God exists? I don't hate you because you do not believe in the Pink Unicorn or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Who said I hate you? Don't put words
in my mouth. I was taught, that if u
don't have anything nice to say STFU!
Pretty hard here where everyone
thinks they are king.. LOL

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#232558 Sep 10, 2014
Cali Girl 2014dal ct wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,you have!
Liar. When you sell your computer and give the money to the poor, then I will believe you are a real and true Bible believing Christian, until then you are just a pew warmer.
Cali Girl 2014dal ct

Murrieta, CA

#232559 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>Please read your own confusing contradictory words. An Atheist is someone who does not believe in God and you admit that when we are all born we lack any knowledge of God. Therefore by your own words, we are all born Atheists.

You just attach a lot of baggage to the word Atheist that doesn't belong.

All knowledge of God comes from people telling us God exists. It is all hearsay. If there was such a thing as God it would be a simple thing to prove it. Yet it can't be proven, you just have to believe it, or not.

Why do you hate me for not believing your God exists? I don't hate you because you do not believe in the Pink Unicorn or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
"Babies" are not Atheists.... You don't
make sense. An Atheist is someone
who doesn't believe in a higher power!
A baby is born with no knowledge,
only instinct! Therefore, I call BS on
that!

Location hidden

#232560 Sep 10, 2014
<quoted text>
Then you're blind!
When Jesus commands you to do something and you give him the finger you are the one with a problem, not me.

I see clearly that you are NOT a Christian, you are a pretend one, a fake, someone who says they are a Christian but who hasn't a clue what you must to do actually be one. You are only deceiving yourself. You sure as hell won't deceive me.

Location hidden

#232561 Sep 10, 2014
<quoted text>
Who said I hate you? Don't put words
in my mouth. I was taught, that if u
don't have anything nice to say STFU!
Pretty hard here where everyone
thinks they are king.. LOL
The Bible is quite contradictory about what is required to be a Christian.

Location hidden

#232562 Sep 10, 2014

Location hidden

#232563 Sep 10, 2014
<quoted text>
"Babies" are not Atheists.... You don't
make sense. An Atheist is someone
who doesn't believe in a higher power!
A baby is born with no knowledge,
only instinct! Therefore, I call BS on
that!
You do not know what an Atheist is. You do not know what atheism is. Find out and then talk to me. We are all born atheists. You do not know what that means.
Cali Girl 2014dal ct

Murrieta, CA

#232564 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>When Jesus commands you to do something and you give him the finger you are the one with a problem, not me.

I see clearly that you are NOT a Christian, you are a pretend one, a fake, someone who says they are a Christian but who hasn't a clue what you must to do actually be one. You are only deceiving yourself. You sure as hell won't deceive me.
First of all, I don't talk about my
religion here. It's private. Your
interpretation of the Bible literally
is a way to make it seem evil. Yes,
if I cheated on my husband, they
would stone me. I think the Bible
and the Constitution are outdated.
I believe in God, in spite of an
outdated book, and especially
after your meaningless post.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#232565 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. When you sell your computer and give the money to the poor, then I will believe you are a real and true Bible believing Christian, until then you are just a pew warmer.
You sound poor, what is your name and address, I will send you money.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#232566 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know what an Atheist is. You do not know what atheism is. Find out and then talk to me. We are all born atheists. You do not know what that means.
Nobody is born to hate those that believe in God. When did you first learn about the word, Atheist?
wooden spoon

La Puente, CA

#232567 Sep 10, 2014
stirring up the pot again are we?
operation bid rig

Bradenton, FL

#232568 Sep 10, 2014
with so many crooked lawyers and the judges they pimp , like Herbert Grossman , Gerald Garson , Rolf Treu , Ron Leighton , Tom Griesa , Mark Ciavarella and the kosher nostra judeciary ................we need many more cases like OPERATION GREYLORD and Spechler v Tobin and USA v Baruch Goldstein , John Towery , Jeff Herbig and Aldrich Ames/ Paul Insco.
big rig

La Puente, CA

#232569 Sep 10, 2014
What big rig?
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#232570 Sep 10, 2014
"Hark and Forsooth! One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives + Riccardo Fire." St. Euripedes
double nines

La Puente, CA

#232571 Sep 10, 2014
Is that clapper stuck on stupid again?

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#232572 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep massaging your ego.
Massage? Now don't get too kinky on us Rev, they say the man upstairs is always watching ;)

Go UCLA/LGBT Bruins!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2012-12-16 12:00 AM. Theft on 21XX W DOGWOOD AV... (Dec '12) 7 hr Anaheim livin 5
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 7 hr lmsa 6,804
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Les Miles 32,402
CAIR'S Hussam Ayloush Injests Jewsemen (Dec '15) 15 hr Tasheek 2
Local Politics Do you approve of Loretta Sanchez as Representa... (Mar '16) 15 hr Exist 3
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Sep 21 El Jiringas 4,515
News Gang member held in shooting of 9-year-old (Oct '09) Aug '16 P up hoes down 48

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages