Man fatally shot in Covina

Man fatally shot in Covina

There are 33 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Mar 26, 2009, titled Man fatally shot in Covina. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

A man was shot and killed in a residential neighborhood late Thursday, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
whatado

United States

#1 Mar 26, 2009
Must be those dumpyass apartments.
RIP_OC

Monrovia, CA

#2 Mar 27, 2009
you may call them dumpy but some call them home ,a man lost his life and thats all you have to say ? just stfu and let his friends and family mourn there loss, to all his family we are truly sorry for your loss, OC rest in peace bro, you will be missed by those that really knew you.thug mansion get a room ready because the homie was a real G..RIP OC
resident

Venice, CA

#3 Mar 27, 2009
whatado wrote:
Must be those dumpyass apartments.
It may not be Beverly Hills but at least they have a place to live so you need to stfu and have a bite of humble pie b itch.
tuna humper

Glendora, CA

#4 Mar 27, 2009
That`s Covina`s Grandview area. When my nieces,nephews,and children were minors earlier this decade they referred to that area as "the Ghetto." Those are nice apartment complexes but there are too many cholos and guys in dew rags living there. Dont care how you slice it, cholos plus guys in dew rags invariably equals drugs/high crime/murder.
Fed Up

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#5 Mar 27, 2009
RIP_OC wrote:
you may call them dumpy but some call them home ,a man lost his life and thats all you have to say ? just stfu and let his friends and family mourn there loss, to all his family we are truly sorry for your loss, OC rest in peace bro, you will be missed by those that really knew you.thug mansion get a room ready because the **** was a real G..RIP OC
Ok.....the first comment was not appropiate, at the time. But your posting and spelling ability leads me to believe his assumptions are correct. This is just the circle of life! All the good people, arm yourselves, because these people have.
Cov res

Louisville, KY

#6 Mar 27, 2009
I live at the end of the block and to be honest its really not that bad there. And those gang memmbers make sure all the kids on the block are safe belive it or not. There are cops all over all day. People are acting like someone gets killed right there every week.
DUH

United States

#7 Mar 27, 2009
RIP_OC wrote:
you may call them dumpy but some call them home ,a man lost his life and thats all you have to say ? just stfu and let his friends and family mourn there loss, to all his family we are truly sorry for your loss, OC rest in peace bro, you will be missed by those that really knew you.thug mansion get a room ready because the **** was a real G..RIP OC
Your 'boy' just got his ticket punched and you're here blogging? Don't you have car wash to plan?
DUH

United States

#8 Mar 27, 2009
tuna humper wrote:
That`s Covina`s Grandview area. When my nieces,nephews,and children were minors earlier this decade they referred to that area as "the Ghetto." Those are nice apartment complexes but there are too many cholos and guys in dew rags living there. Dont care how you slice it, cholos plus guys in dew rags invariably equals drugs/high crime/murder.
The cops are constantly getting calls from that area. You know what they say, "live by the sword, die by the sword".
big bassett man

Norco, CA

#9 Mar 27, 2009
THAT SUCKS
tuna humper

Glendora, CA

#10 Mar 27, 2009
Cov res wrote:
I live at the end of the block and to be honest its really not that bad there. And those gang memmbers make sure all the kids on the block are safe belive it or not. There are cops all over all day. People are acting like someone gets killed right there every week.
Neighborhood kids being looked after/ protected by gang members? Are you sure that`s a positive selling point? Thats the neighborhood daycare program? Arent these kids unknowingly now indebted to these thugs because of their protection services? Also, protecting the children? Protecting them from what? The Hispanic cholos are keeping the nieghborhood Hispanic children safe from Black gang members?
just a passer bye

Norco, CA

#11 Mar 27, 2009
i bet that dude was a cristian!
Cov res

Louisville, KY

#12 Mar 27, 2009
I was being a smart a** saying gang members. You have no idea if their gang members NEITHER DO I . I'm saying my kids have no issues playing outside .They never get bugged or punked by the Blacks or the Mexicans LOL. And there are all kids of people who live on that block. WHITES, ASIANS and the ELDERLY. And hate to say it murder happens everywhere not just off Prospero/Ruddock.
Cov res

Louisville, KY

#13 Mar 27, 2009
tuna humper wrote:
<quoted text>
Neighborhood kids being looked after/ protected by gang members? Are you sure that`s a positive selling point? Thats the neighborhood daycare program? Arent these kids unknowingly now indebted to these thugs because of their protection services? Also, protecting the children? Protecting them from what? The Hispanic cholos are keeping the nieghborhood Hispanic children safe from Black gang members?
Indedted to the thugs???LOL That's the funniest line of all. Their kids not from the Mexican cartel's or the mafia!!
Covina Resident

Monrovia, CA

#14 Mar 27, 2009
I am a Covina resident and a local realtor as well. This area clearly has the highest concentration of crime activity all of Covina. There are some very hardworking people living in this area and it is unfair to put them down just because they are poor.
tuna humper

Glendora, CA

#15 Mar 27, 2009
Being poor and being a criminal thug are two different things. Being ghetto and being a criminal thug type are closely related phenomenom but most ghetto people are not criminals. Criminal thugs are all ghetto and almost all thugs have have criminal histories (unless they are very lucky).
Miracle

Downey, CA

#16 Mar 27, 2009
If some one with information can you please contact me Nine zero Nine Four 3 Six Six Eight Zero Nine I am the mother of his son.. i just heard about the news

[email protected]
Miracle

Downey, CA

#17 Mar 27, 2009
Im Reading everything and i think some people just have no life but to sit up on the computer and try to down talk some one i guess they was not that bad of a person cause they have ya'll up here comment n on there life styles so they must be doing something right!! It's really sad that yall dont have anything better to do with your life..talking about ghetto you think your life it so much better then anyone else but the truth in the matter and when it all comes down to eat you are just the same as them "Ghetto and thugs ect....God made everyone as 1 no one is better in God's Eye.. Its said that i just found out the news and im reading along what everyone was saying and my son walk by and and read along all the things yall was talking about a whole lot of Bull!!!! no matter where poeple come from or how they make a livein there are still human and still should be able to have a chance how he was taken was wrong no man should determan another mans life no matter what he has done in his life.......This truly hurts me alot because this is the scond time i heard bad news and this one was the one.I had heard ocie had got hit by a train 2years ago i heard of it months later and they told me he had past away....i go on myspace and i hear about this news i look on the internet i callesd the police department to find this is true. We have a 9 year old son together and he is hurting so bad to find out that his dad is no longer here. its sad that he escape a train death 2years ago that could have took his life insted a human did.........
Girl of a friend

Anaheim, CA

#20 Mar 27, 2009
Miracle, I am sooooo very sorry to hear of this. My heart goes out to you and your little one. He was such an awesome guy. You and all of his family are in our prayers. We will surely miss him!
covina

Long Beach, CA

#21 Mar 28, 2009
tuna humper wrote:
Being poor and being a criminal thug are two different things. Being ghetto and being a criminal thug type are closely related phenomenom but most ghetto people are not criminals. Criminal thugs are all ghetto and almost all thugs have have criminal histories (unless they are very lucky).
I love that crazy non-confusing explanation.lol
covina

Long Beach, CA

#22 Mar 28, 2009
Miracle wrote:
Im Reading everything and i think some people just have no life but to sit up on the computer and try to down talk some one i guess they was not that bad of a person cause they have ya'll up here comment n on there life styles so they must be doing something right!! It's really sad that yall dont have anything better to do with your life..talking about ghetto you think your life it so much better then anyone else but the truth in the matter and when it all comes down to eat you are just the same as them "Ghetto and thugs ect....God made everyone as 1 no one is better in God's Eye.. Its said that i just found out the news and im reading along what everyone was saying and my son walk by and and read along all the things yall was talking about a whole lot of Bull!!!! no matter where poeple come from or how they make a livein there are still human and still should be able to have a chance how he was taken was wrong no man should determan another mans life no matter what he has done in his life.......This truly hurts me alot because this is the scond time i heard bad news and this one was the one.I had heard ocie had got hit by a train 2years ago i heard of it months later and they told me he had past away....i go on myspace and i hear about this news i look on the internet i callesd the police department to find this is true. We have a 9 year old son together and he is hurting so bad to find out that his dad is no longer here. its sad that he escape a train death 2years ago that could have took his life insted a human did.........
I'm sorry, Did you say "callesd the police"?lol and what was that other phrase you used? "...When it all comes down to eat..."?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 106 dogs, cats and rabbits have new homes 1 hr mar 1
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 9 hr lmsa info 6,663
Helping the homeless people at La Palma Park (Sep '12) 14 hr Tony 161
Crack out hotels 16 hr Make bp great again 1
Crime 23 hr Art 13
News City of Azusa to Lease 145 Parking Spaces to Me... Mon Joseph Santacruz 1
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Jun '16 Go Blue Forever 4,510

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages