Ex-cop held as suspect in lewd act with minor

Full story: San Bernardino County Sun

Retired police Lt. Bill Cranfill sat in jail for almost two days and posted $100,000 bail, but prosecutors only got their first look at the police investigation Monday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2010

Judged:

What a disgrace! What took so long? It says this is from 2008, Why two yrs later?
montclair

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2010

big deal, if it had been a 14 year old boy now that would be a problem
no way

Redlands, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2010

I know this officer. He was a pillar in the community. He did not molest anyone. These accusations are without merit and I know that when it is all said and done, he will be innocent. Hang in there Bill.
wtf

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2010

Judged:

no way wrote:
I know this officer. He was a pillar in the community. He did not molest anyone. These accusations are without merit and I know that when it is all said and done, he will be innocent. Hang in there Bill.
Some of the worst people out there are the ones you trust the most
Rev Tom

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2010

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the worst people out there are the ones you trust the most
So very true but sad.
unfair

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2010

I don't know if he did it or not. If he did he should pay. But it seems rather unfair to me that his reputation is being destroyed with no concern over whether it is true or not. His name shouldn't have been released just like the "victims" name wasn't. Even if it turns out to be false, his name is ruined forever. It's innocent until proven guilty, remember?
MTZ

Colton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2010

Judged:

unfair wrote:
I don't know if he did it or not. If he did he should pay. But it seems rather unfair to me that his reputation is being destroyed with no concern over whether it is true or not. His name shouldn't have been released just like the "victims" name wasn't. Even if it turns out to be false, his name is ruined forever. It's innocent until proven guilty, remember?
Cops routinely parade suspects (remember, they are suspects until proven guilty) in front of the press. Since Cranfill was a cop, he probably paraded his share of suspects, and so what's the problem with him getting a little taste of what cops put folks through all the time?

Have they confiscated his firearms yet? This is something else the cops do to common folks before they are convicted.

I hope he is not guilty and that this is all the result of the overactive imagination of a psychologist. But, if he is guilty, he deserves all that the jail and prison system routinely gives to cops and to child molesters.
Voice of Reason

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2010

Judged:

This man risked his life everyday for 30+ years for this community. I believe he was well liked and respected by all of his co-workers as well as most members of this community. Give him a chance to prove that this allegation is false.
wtf

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2010

Judged:

Voice of Reason wrote:
This man risked his life everyday for 30+ years for this community. I believe he was well liked and respected by all of his co-workers as well as most members of this community. Give him a chance to prove that this allegation is false.
so it was ok to molest little girl for 30 years of life risking?
wow that sounds very reasonalble
Voice of Reason

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2010

Judged:

It is NEVER ok to harm a child!
Red light camera crew

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2010

Judged:

Voice of Reason wrote:
It is NEVER ok to harm a child!
but you said he gave 30 years of good service and i am getting mixed massages from you
WOW

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

He is in ICU @ Loma Linda after getting hit by a train trying to kill himself but didn't succeed.
sounds pretty guilty he should have just used a bullet it's hard to mess that up.
There is a thin line between a cop and a criminal.....
GOON WATCH

Claremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

Voice of Reason wrote:
F u ck him send him to Bubba's place (state pen.)
goon=(cop)piece of c r ap
wtf

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

WOW wrote:
He is in ICU @ Loma Linda after getting hit by a train trying to kill himself but didn't succeed.
sounds pretty guilty he should have just used a bullet it's hard to mess that up.
There is a thin line between a cop and a criminal.....
ya one has a badge
El Gaupo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

Judged:

Guest wrote:
What a disgrace! What took so long? It says this is from 2008, Why two yrs later?
Took so long due to his medical condition. Whatever. Love the CC spineless bunch!!!
Dictio Nary

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Red light camera crew wrote:
<quoted text>
but you said he gave 30 years of good service and i am getting mixed massages from you
massages???? Haha
the truth is

Huntington Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Voice of Reason wrote:
Even when you are alleged, people will always see you as the alleged "child molester" even if found innocent, the damage as been done.. The hardest thing is "who can you trust" and the Answer to the million dollar question is....NO ONE!!!!Trust no man!!! Especially those in uniform, they are a Gang with in themselves who look out for themselves and not the people who there supposed to protect and serve..
ABC

Loma Linda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

how do you know he was hit by a train?
wtf

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Dictio Nary wrote:
<quoted text>
massages???? Haha
D I C K
ha ha ha
nope just d i c k
Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

no way wrote:
Well it looks like Bill accepted a plea bargain and is looking at a year in jail! Innocent huh?? Also walked in front of a train trying to kill himself.... Sounds guilty to me!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rowland Heights Discussions

Search the Rowland Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Bruno 200,213
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 2 hr Uppercut 2,221
gangs of Bolen Parka (Sep '12) 3 hr Check this out 112
War Zone Between Bassett and La Puente Gangs (Jun '09) 3 hr U Disgrace La Puente 43
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr Peter 7,812
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 6 hr Go Play 4,846
2 ex-Baldwin Park employees accuse council memb... 6 hr Three Jokers 3
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at July 11 at 5:47PM PDT

•••
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE