Ex-cop held as suspect in lewd act wi...

Ex-cop held as suspect in lewd act with minor

There are 27 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from May 17, 2010, titled Ex-cop held as suspect in lewd act with minor. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

Retired police Lt. Bill Cranfill sat in jail for almost two days and posted $100,000 bail, but prosecutors only got their first look at the police investigation Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Guest

AOL

#1 May 18, 2010
What a disgrace! What took so long? It says this is from 2008, Why two yrs later?
montclair

San Diego, CA

#4 May 18, 2010
big deal, if it had been a 14 year old boy now that would be a problem
no way

Hesperia, CA

#5 May 18, 2010
I know this officer. He was a pillar in the community. He did not molest anyone. These accusations are without merit and I know that when it is all said and done, he will be innocent. Hang in there Bill.
wtf

Paramount, CA

#6 May 18, 2010
no way wrote:
I know this officer. He was a pillar in the community. He did not molest anyone. These accusations are without merit and I know that when it is all said and done, he will be innocent. Hang in there Bill.
Some of the worst people out there are the ones you trust the most
Rev Tom

Los Angeles, CA

#7 May 19, 2010
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the worst people out there are the ones you trust the most
So very true but sad.
unfair

Redlands, CA

#8 May 19, 2010
I don't know if he did it or not. If he did he should pay. But it seems rather unfair to me that his reputation is being destroyed with no concern over whether it is true or not. His name shouldn't have been released just like the "victims" name wasn't. Even if it turns out to be false, his name is ruined forever. It's innocent until proven guilty, remember?
MTZ

United States

#10 May 19, 2010
unfair wrote:
I don't know if he did it or not. If he did he should pay. But it seems rather unfair to me that his reputation is being destroyed with no concern over whether it is true or not. His name shouldn't have been released just like the "victims" name wasn't. Even if it turns out to be false, his name is ruined forever. It's innocent until proven guilty, remember?
Cops routinely parade suspects (remember, they are suspects until proven guilty) in front of the press. Since Cranfill was a cop, he probably paraded his share of suspects, and so what's the problem with him getting a little taste of what cops put folks through all the time?

Have they confiscated his firearms yet? This is something else the cops do to common folks before they are convicted.

I hope he is not guilty and that this is all the result of the overactive imagination of a psychologist. But, if he is guilty, he deserves all that the jail and prison system routinely gives to cops and to child molesters.
Voice of Reason

Redlands, CA

#11 May 19, 2010
This man risked his life everyday for 30+ years for this community. I believe he was well liked and respected by all of his co-workers as well as most members of this community. Give him a chance to prove that this allegation is false.
wtf

Paramount, CA

#12 May 19, 2010
Voice of Reason wrote:
This man risked his life everyday for 30+ years for this community. I believe he was well liked and respected by all of his co-workers as well as most members of this community. Give him a chance to prove that this allegation is false.
so it was ok to molest little girl for 30 years of life risking?
wow that sounds very reasonalble
Voice of Reason

Redlands, CA

#13 May 20, 2010
It is NEVER ok to harm a child!
Red light camera crew

Austin, TX

#14 May 20, 2010
Voice of Reason wrote:
It is NEVER ok to harm a child!
but you said he gave 30 years of good service and i am getting mixed massages from you
WOW

United States

#16 May 25, 2010
He is in ICU @ Loma Linda after getting hit by a train trying to kill himself but didn't succeed.
sounds pretty guilty he should have just used a bullet it's hard to mess that up.
There is a thin line between a cop and a criminal.....
GOON WATCH

Whittier, CA

#17 May 25, 2010
Voice of Reason wrote:
This man risked his life everyday for 30+ years for this community. I believe he was well liked and respected by all of his co-workers as well as most members of this community. Give him a chance to prove that this allegation is false.
F u ck him send him to Bubba's place (state pen.)
goon=(cop)piece of c r ap
wtf

Paramount, CA

#18 May 25, 2010
WOW wrote:
He is in ICU @ Loma Linda after getting hit by a train trying to kill himself but didn't succeed.
sounds pretty guilty he should have just used a bullet it's hard to mess that up.
There is a thin line between a cop and a criminal.....
ya one has a badge
El Gaupo

AOL

#19 May 25, 2010
Guest wrote:
What a disgrace! What took so long? It says this is from 2008, Why two yrs later?
Took so long due to his medical condition. Whatever. Love the CC spineless bunch!!!
Dictio Nary

Hesperia, CA

#20 May 27, 2010
Red light camera crew wrote:
<quoted text>
but you said he gave 30 years of good service and i am getting mixed massages from you
massages???? Haha
the truth is

United States

#21 May 27, 2010
Voice of Reason wrote:
This man risked his life everyday for 30+ years for this community. I believe he was well liked and respected by all of his co-workers as well as most members of this community. Give him a chance to prove that this allegation is false.
Even when you are alleged, people will always see you as the alleged "child molester" even if found innocent, the damage as been done.. The hardest thing is "who can you trust" and the Answer to the million dollar question is....NO ONE!!!!Trust no man!!! Especially those in uniform, they are a Gang with in themselves who look out for themselves and not the people who there supposed to protect and serve..
ABC

Loma Linda, CA

#22 May 27, 2010
how do you know he was hit by a train?
wtf

Paramount, CA

#23 May 27, 2010
Dictio Nary wrote:
<quoted text>
massages???? Haha
D I C K
ha ha ha
nope just d i c k
Bob

Los Angeles, CA

#24 Jan 6, 2011
no way wrote:
I know this officer. He was a pillar in the community. He did not molest anyone. These accusations are without merit and I know that when it is all said and done, he will be innocent. Hang in there Bill.
Well it looks like Bill accepted a plea bargain and is looking at a year in jail! Innocent huh?? Also walked in front of a train trying to kill himself.... Sounds guilty to me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 18 min The LMHS 7,511
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 3 hr Brown and proud 4,516
News Hundreds March In Anaheim, Demand Arrest Of LAP... 4 hr Pedro 20
News Montebello to monitor intersections (Apr '08) 6 hr Lbm1 43
News Video shows off-duty California cop fire weapon... 7 hr Anaheim livin 9
La Mirada Crime blotter Feb 14- 24 10 hr LM News 1
Missing La Mirada woman found in Anaheim hospital 13 hr LM News 1

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages