Pomona approves ordinance to deal with loud, unruly parties

City leaders gave preliminary approval this week to a proposed ordinance that is expected to help authorities deal with loud, unruly parties before violence or other problems break out. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
crimeboss

Claremont, CA

#1 Nov 18, 2009
test
Ptown Support

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Nov 18, 2009
crimeboss wrote:
test
You fail...
Jonnie Owens

Ontario, CA

#3 Nov 18, 2009
I have to agree with Pastor Rick in wondering why the fraternity would think this ordinance might be a hindrance to their events. It's very clear what the ordinance covers and if the fraternities engage in those behaviors they need to be reigned in.
Rich

AOL

#4 Nov 18, 2009
That`s great news where I live their always playing their music till 2a.m.
thetruthhurts

Chino, CA

#5 Nov 18, 2009
It doesn't matter if it's a fraternity party or a "cultural" event. When I can't hear my TV or can't sleep because of noise and loud music, then it becomes a disturbance of my peace. I'm glad this passed, as well as surprised that Carrizosa agreed with it, since the majority of these parties are held by "her people." If you are going to have a quiensenera or a "boda," then rent a hall and party it up in there, not on a residential street that you share with other neighbors. It's called having respect for your neighbors, which a lot of these people who hold parties don't have. Playing loud music, getting drunk, fighting and yelling until 2 AM is not a "culural" event. It's plain ignorance and arrogance.

The barrier has been lifted...go get em' Pomona PD.
Pomona Resident

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Nov 18, 2009
thetruthhurts wrote:
It doesn't matter if it's a fraternity party or a "cultural" event. When I can't hear my TV or can't sleep because of noise and loud music, then it becomes a disturbance of my peace. I'm glad this passed, as well as surprised that Carrizosa agreed with it, since the majority of these parties are held by "her people." If you are going to have a quiensenera or a "boda," then rent a hall and party it up in there, not on a residential street that you share with other neighbors. It's called having respect for your neighbors, which a lot of these people who hold parties don't have. Playing loud music, getting drunk, fighting and yelling until 2 AM is not a "culural" event. It's plain ignorance and arrogance.
The barrier has been lifted...go get em' Pomona PD.
a- There is already a noise ordinance- so I don't believe you when you say that this is going on cause if you call the police they would respond and handle it ALREADY.
b- This ordinance is not intended to placate the "racist", bigoted, selfish resentment you have against Latinos- it is meant to save the lives of young people- something you know very little or care about, and
c- This does not give Pomona PD to "go get them" - so that you can sleep and have peace and quiet- this gives them a tool to regulate unruly, loud parties that promote underage drinking that spiral out of control. Period.

By the way, with all this hatred...how do you sleep or live with yourself?
montclair resident

Claremont, CA

#7 Nov 19, 2009
as a young guy who lives in the area and knows how these under age parties are, i say its about time!! underage kids dont know how to contrrol there liquor and act out with violence and show no respect to other peoples homes... many innocent non-gang related people have lost their lifes at those crew parties that are thrown by a bunch of thug posers.. finally the city of pomona is doing something to control their city
thetruthhurts

Chino, CA

#8 Nov 19, 2009
Pomona Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
a- There is already a noise ordinance- so I don't believe you when you say that this is going on cause if you call the police they would respond and handle it ALREADY.
b- This ordinance is not intended to placate the "racist", bigoted, selfish resentment you have against Latinos- it is meant to save the lives of young people- something you know very little or care about, and
c- This does not give Pomona PD to "go get them" - so that you can sleep and have peace and quiet- this gives them a tool to regulate unruly, loud parties that promote underage drinking that spiral out of control. Period.
By the way, with all this hatred...how do you sleep or live with yourself?
Oh boy...here we go. Can't do any better than resort to calling me a racist, can ya? I'll tell you what..proove that what I mention in the post you responded to has no truth to it at all. Sit back and really think hard about it. I challenge you to proove that everything I mentioned is not true and is "racially" motivated towards Mexicans. Remember now...we are talking about Pomona. So give it a long hard talk. Before you start making accusations about someone being racist, point out what makes them racist.

PS: And no, the cops in Pomona don't ALWAYS respond to loud parties when they are called in the 1st, 2nd and even the third time. This is "one" of the reasons I moved from there.
Serge From Pomona

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Nov 21, 2009
thetruthhurts wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy...here we go. Can't do any better than resort to calling me a racist, can ya? I'll tell you what..proove that what I mention in the post you responded to has no truth to it at all. Sit back and really think hard about it. I challenge you to proove that everything I mentioned is not true and is "racially" motivated towards Mexicans. Remember now...we are talking about Pomona. So give it a long hard talk. Before you start making accusations about someone being racist, point out what makes them racist.
PS: And no, the cops in Pomona don't ALWAYS respond to loud parties when they are called in the 1st, 2nd and even the third time. This is "one" of the reasons I moved from there.
Great- stayed moved you are a racist and will always be one. Your posts always reveal your hatred towards Mexican Americans...oh the work is "prove"- which proves you are not that smart!
Serge From Pomona

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Nov 21, 2009
Oh my bad- I meant "word"- just messin with ya- go Pomona!
Serge From Pomona

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Nov 21, 2009
montclair resident wrote:
as a young guy who lives in the area and knows how these under age parties are, i say its about time!! underage kids dont know how to contrrol there liquor and act out with violence and show no respect to other peoples homes... many innocent non-gang related people have lost their lifes at those crew parties that are thrown by a bunch of thug posers.. finally the city of pomona is doing something to control their city
Thank you for the truth...I live down the street from the young child who was killed in Pomona and this is what we heard happened- young teens partying and some gang members tried to gain access and were denied and then began shooting. get the parties under control.
thetruthhurts

Chino, CA

#12 Nov 21, 2009
Serge From Pomona wrote:
Oh my bad- I meant "word"- just messin with ya- go Pomona!
What a p e n d e j o...LOL!
thetruthhurts

Chino, CA

#13 Nov 21, 2009
Serge From Pomona wrote:
<quoted text>
Great- stayed moved you are a racist and will always be one. Your posts always reveal your hatred towards Mexican Americans...oh the work is "prove"- which proves you are not that smart!
Well, I was smart enough to know when it was time to get out of Pomexico. Again...prove that what I said in the earlier comment is racist. See, you and Pomona Resident can do nothing but flip a race card, but you can't back it up.
thetruthhurts

Chino, CA

#14 Nov 21, 2009
Serge From Pomona wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the truth...I live down the street from the young child who was killed in Pomona and this is what we heard happened- young teens partying and some gang members tried to gain access and were denied and then began shooting. get the parties under control.
And who allows these parties? The stupid parents.
jr sandovale

Fontana, CA

#15 Nov 22, 2009
The only thing wrong with Diamond Bar is its next to pomexico.Pomona has always been and always will be a crap hole.We moved from there years ago when the blacks took over and break-ins were the norm. We were going to move to Diamond Bar but to close to PoMex!
WakeUp

Fontana, CA

#16 Nov 22, 2009
thetruthhurts wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point, I don't see me ever voting for a latino. I was a different person before being exposed to what I have seen in the last decade from latinos in my neighborhood. I would vote for Stalin before I voted for more graffiti, more littering, more homes built for 5 people housing 25 people, more cranked up stereos playing rap and tejano with complete disregard for others, the list goes on and on and on.

Just take a trip to Mexico to see how they treat their homeland. I mean, you see these Mexican flags flying everywhere but if you go there it is like they hate the place. It ain't what you say, it is what you do.

Take a trip to Mexico and it will give you an idea of what I have lived with. I will not ever vote latino and it is the fault of the majority of the latinos who live where I live. I don't want to live in a third world garbage dump. And, it is my experience that this is what they bring to a neighborhood...at least the one I live in.

When I see latinos begin to show they care about something besides themselves, I will change my mind. Until then, forget it. PS I have been all threw Mexico and its a beautiful country and could be very prosperous for all there if those idiots could add 2+2!
cmonpeeps

La Puente, CA

#17 Nov 24, 2009
Oh my god, Pomona is now more crime enforcement advanced than Covina. I've got this 'yo bro' 25 year old that still lives with his parents. Every time they go out of town he has 'jackass' type parties. I live about 5 houses around the corner and can hear every f' word they scream. Last party the cops would only enforce the law if I filed a written complaint. They ended up arresting 3 of them right there. I had to take off work to go the court house,and talk to the d.a. ASSistant. All the neighbors are afraid of this peehole and now I've got to worry about this drugdick robbing my house while I'm at work. His last party went on until 2:30 a.m. and everytime the cops came out and left, 10 minutes later the party started up again. Guess the cops won't start doing anything until someone gets shot. Maybe that's the best thing. Do your job Covina cops.
Serge

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Nov 27, 2009
thetruthhurts wrote:
<quoted text>
The greatest thing was for your racist butt to move out of Pomona...I sure they are proud to have you where you are at now. The Poopstillhurts huh?
MEXICO LUV

Costa Mesa, CA

#19 Nov 27, 2009
WakeUp wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point, I don't see me ever voting for a latino. I was a different person before being exposed to what I have seen in the last decade from latinos in my neighborhood. I would vote for Stalin before I voted for more graffiti, more littering, more homes built for 5 people housing 25 people, more cranked up stereos playing rap and tejano with complete disregard for others, the list goes on and on and on.
Just take a trip to Mexico to see how they treat their homeland. I mean, you see these Mexican flags flying everywhere but if you go there it is like they hate the place. It ain't what you say, it is what you do.
Take a trip to Mexico and it will give you an idea of what I have lived with. I will not ever vote latino and it is the fault of the majority of the latinos who live where I live. I don't want to live in a third world garbage dump. And, it is my experience that this is what they bring to a neighborhood...at least the one I live in.
When I see latinos begin to show they care about something besides themselves, I will change my mind. Until then, forget it. PS I have been all threw Mexico and its a beautiful country and could be very prosperous for all there if those idiots could add 2+2!
You have got to be an idiot!!!!!! Do you honestly believe that the people of Mexico WANT to live how they do??? Is it their fault that the economy is so far in the toilet???? How do they control living when there is so much corruption in the government??? I suppose you believe that the people of the middle east also enjoy the fact that there has been a holy war going on over there for 1000 years? When your government is in shmbles, what are you, as a citizen supposed to do with no money and no work???
MEXICO LUV

Costa Mesa, CA

#20 Nov 27, 2009
WakeUp wrote:
<quoted text>
And no one cares if you don't vote latino. We as latinos don't cry like the ni$$ers and play the race card when it comes to politics. We don't want everything handed to us. If a latino is in office, it is no different than a white man or black man being there, they are still politicians and color don't matter, they are all crooked. That's why I don't vote, cause in the end, the poltician is looking out for his own interests,not his country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 54 min confucious 5,286
Pacheco Says Soccer Keague Pays Park FEES at No... 1 hr Pacheco Liar 1
La Mirada Boosters In trouble under Moschetti 2 hr LM parent 25
A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Dec 3 Los Angeles 4,494
Smoke 420 Nov 29 anonymous 1
Why the helicopters? Nov '14 1138d3nx 2
Local CHP offices stop using Rowland Heights to... (Sep '11) Oct '14 rjrroks 29

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rowland Heights

Personal Finance