Our View: Cancel 'Confucius Classroom'

Our View: Cancel 'Confucius Classroom'

There are 211 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Feb 11, 2010, titled Our View: Cancel 'Confucius Classroom'. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

LAST week's board approval of a "Confucius Classroom" program for a middle school in Hacienda Heights is wrong on so many fronts that it's hard to succinctly list all the objections.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
MajorMalfunction

UK

#217 Feb 22, 2011
uncle fargo wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting comment. You wouldn't have a picture of MacCarthy over the fireplace would you? It is so interesting to read so many dumb comments in a debate about education. If your kids are as well educated as you then I suggest you sack the whole school board! The world has moved since 1950! Why do you think China not just sends her kids to get an education in the west but also pays so much for western teachers to come to China? Reading some of the comments on this thread makes you wonder exactly how free minds are in the land of the free!
You are wrong uncle, the average american's mind is very free....free from common sense, free from knowledge, it is so free nothing is actually in them....LOL
Hacienda Heights Resident

La Habra, CA

#218 Feb 23, 2011
The idiots opposing the confucius classroom are trying to do a recall now. Reject the recall and the extremists trying to dumb down our schools:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/reject-the-r...

“CCP Troll”

Since: Nov 08

Hebei, China

#220 Feb 23, 2011
MajorMalfunction wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong uncle, the average american's mind is very free....free from common sense, free from knowledge, it is so free nothing is actually in them....LOL
How can I argue this point after I read the post below yours? I love Americans, I love their thinking. I love their debt levels. I love their education system. I love their media! I think the 1.3 billion people who "suffer" the way we do should also love them. I hope they all stay as informed and educated as they are. I could thank them for my live but because thet will tell you it is someone elses fault I can't!!
Brainwashed Chinamen

Edmonton, Canada

#221 Feb 23, 2011
Hacienda Heights Resident wrote:
The idiots opposing the confucius classroom are trying to do a recall now. Reject the recall and the extremists trying to dumb down our schools:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/reject-the-r...
Who needs to learn from Chinamen? Yes, they have Confucius, and so they can't become a superpower.

The China propserity phenomenon is only a short-term one, I believe.

Put all money in Indian stocks for a better future.

Since: Mar 08

Long Island City, NY

#223 Feb 24, 2011
Martin Jacques: Understanding the rise of China

http://www.ted.com/talks/martin_jacques_under...
Hacienda Heights Resident

La Habra, CA

#224 Feb 24, 2011
Rudy Obad's public rant against the board that approved the Confucius Classroom:

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Maple Ridge, Canada

#225 Feb 24, 2011
Another Ignorant old white American speaking... we get a lot of that here
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Maple Ridge, Canada

#226 Feb 24, 2011
Zsari wrote:
Martin Jacques: Understanding the rise of China
http://www.ted.com/talks/martin_jacques_under...
very nice find...
McQuan

Montréal, Canada

#228 Aug 4, 2013
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE wrote:
Another Ignorant old white American speaking... we get a lot of that here
Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes for free!

-- Confucius --
china admirer

Montréal, Canada

#229 Aug 5, 2013
I love Confucius and chinese civilization but The chinese communist party is the thing I hate in the world. When they took power, they killed buddhists monks, taoists monks and confuciasn priest. They killed all the good things of chinese culture and now they are using it to propagate their heretical doctrines.

Chinese communist party most be destroyed for the well-being of humanity and the universe
Love China Hate the CCP

Port Moody, Canada

#230 Aug 7, 2013
china admirer wrote:
I love Confucius and chinese civilization but The chinese communist party is the thing I hate in the world. When they took power, they killed buddhists monks, taoists monks and confuciasn priest. They killed all the good things of chinese culture and now they are using it to propagate their heretical doctrines.
Chinese communist party most be destroyed for the well-being of humanity and the universe
Everyone who actually loves China feels that way!

To LOVE CHINA is to HATE the Chinese Communist Party! It's just plain common sense!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Helping the homeless people at La Palma Park (Sep '12) 24 min Tony 188
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 1 hr lmsa 10,460
News After 54 years, it's the end for DeMille Middle... (Jun '10) 2 hr Budv44 51
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Chosen Traveler 35,362
News Police identify man fatally stabbed inside Paci... Jan 19 poidawg 1
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Jan 14 Walls work 4,563
News Citizens arrest 27 day laborers at Rowland Heig... (May '09) Dec '17 la migra 419

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages