Street racers admit guilt in fatal Rowland Heights crash

Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

Two drivers pleaded guilty Friday to killing a passenger when they raced down a Rowland Heights street while drunk on March 2. Ondrea Alvarez, 20, of Bellflower, was killed in the crash.
Comments
21 - 33 of 33 Comments Last updated Jun 28, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
morons out there

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

And come on, the whole idea of needing to be reminded is ridiculous. It's like walking into a bank and needing to be reminded that you cannot rob it. It's called common sense. Oh, and i'll be back later, i'm going to file a lawsuit against mother nature because I got stung by a bee, and someone or something needs to be held accountable for the pain it caused me. I'm gonna take that bitch to the cleaners!!!!
Prayers to the Family

Chino Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

Even though her loss was heartbreaking, these boy's being given a plea bargain for shorter time will never bring back your beautiful, daughter, friend, niece. I just hope they will learn from this major mistake and will grow from this tradgedy. My family and I ( my mother 's house wall is where the memorial is for Ondrea ) always think of her, and your loved ones, so keep up the faith, and know she is always close to your hearts!
Sincerely,
The Camacho Family-Rowland Heights 2009
Prayers to the Family

Chino Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

Patches Ohoulihan wrote:
Pathfinder needs speed bumps, cameras, or a full time ticket writer. The revenue generated from ticket writing would pay for this cop to sit there, and then some.
Everyone is a street racer these days. Here is a thought to ponder: Many other people have the same car you have. Yours is not special and does not have superpowers. So yes you installed a stupid noisy exhaust and bolted on an air filter kit, guess what? So have a million other people. So lame.
Yes, Pathfinder is a path for trouble and death...My family lives right next to it has had to jump out of bed and assist the troubled, or dead just like Ondrea. It is a racer path and the City of Rowland Heights needs to put provisisons or bumps on that road to eliminate such danger. We need the old " Rowland " Family Council Members to check this area out, not the City of L.A...or some non-resident member...how sad that this is what Rowland Hts has turned out to be.
COBRA

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

to Cobra wrote:
Hey maybe you should put a sticker on your computer that says If you can't say anything nice or smart...don't say anything at all. Because we all the that Joe's Crab shack and the boys parents told them to drink and drive and crash right?? sounds to me like if your over 19 why should the family be sued? if your adult child is off to war and something happens should the family be sued a million miles away?? Idiot! hey they could go after the car dealer too for making the car and the finance company for approving the purchase!!!
1.Read my post I said take the "GUYS AND THE CRAB SHACK" to the cleaners..

2.your calling me an Idiot? SINCE WHEN DO CAR DEALERS MAKE CARS ?

3.there is no such thing as an "ADULT CHILD" that would be called an oxymoron you moron.

4.maybe you should put the sticker on your computer that says DOUBLE CHECK MY GRAMMAR BEFORE I POST.

“Always on topic”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

Prayers to the Family wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Pathfinder is a path for trouble and death...My family lives right next to it has had to jump out of bed and assist the troubled, or dead just like Ondrea. It is a racer path and the City of Rowland Heights needs to put provisisons or bumps on that road to eliminate such danger. We need the old " Rowland " Family Council Members to check this area out, not the City of L.A...or some non-resident member...how sad that this is what Rowland Hts has turned out to be.
I lived just above pathfinder for a couple years. I remember it all too well.
COBRA

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

morons out there wrote:
And come on, the whole idea of needing to be reminded is ridiculous. It's like walking into a bank and needing to be reminded that you cannot rob it. It's called common sense. Oh, and i'll be back later, i'm going to file a lawsuit against mother nature because I got stung by a bee, and someone or something needs to be held accountable for the pain it caused me. I'm gonna take that **** to the cleaners!!!!
so it's ridiculous to have reminders like "no alcohol to minors under 21"? we all know the law but the sings are still there.

and there are signs to try and prevent you from robbing a bank or
business and they usually say you are being watched.
COBRA

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

morons out there wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always about pointing a finger and suing here in america is what i'm trying to get at. I don't care if they sue that company for all they got, all that is gonna happen is the company will file for bankruptcy, the family will get no money, and their daughter will still be dead. Money can't bring back loved ones. Also, stop pointing fingers. Those kids could have got alcohol anywhere, it's not hard. A bartender at a restaraunt can serve alcohol to minors and get away, it's not the manager and owners job to go I.D. people, they hire servers for that. If the server did it, he should be fired, and that should be the end of it. This american philosophy of "holding those accountable" has to be the worst thing ever! How about we sue the car maker too for making the car go so fast. Then let's sue the alcohol industry because it impairs your judgement.
let's brake down your argument.

they have sued car makers and that's why you have safer cars now.
do you think car makers want to spend millions in R&D for you and me
no they were forced to.

are you serious "it's not the manager and owners job to go I.D. people".and I thought I was arguing with intelligent person.

yes it's true, that they could have already been inebriated
by the time they arrived but it's the fact that they served alcohol
to minors during there visit and since the report say nothing about
they stopped at XYZ after the shack then the shack is liable.

"A bartender at a restaraunt can serve alcohol to minors and get away"

if your saying that bartenders always serve alcohol to minors it's probable true, but this time they got caught and someone payed with there life.

"If the server did it, he should be fired, and that should be the end of it."

I'm sure that the person who was serving the alcohol,the bartender AND the manager are all filing for unemployment!!
morons out there

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

COBRA wrote:
<quoted text>
let's brake down your argument.
they have sued car makers and that's why you have safer cars now.
do you think car makers want to spend millions in R&D for you and me
no they were forced to.
are you serious "it's not the manager and owners job to go I.D. people".and I thought I was arguing with intelligent person.
yes it's true, that they could have already been inebriated
by the time they arrived but it's the fact that they served alcohol
to minors during there visit and since the report say nothing about
they stopped at XYZ after the shack then the shack is liable.
"A bartender at a restaraunt can serve alcohol to minors and get away"
if your saying that bartenders always serve alcohol to minors it's probable true, but this time they got caught and someone payed with there life.
"If the server did it, he should be fired, and that should be the end of it."
I'm sure that the person who was serving the alcohol,the bartender AND the manager are all filing for unemployment!!
Didn't you just berate someone for their grammar??? In the context you used BRAKE, it is spelled BREAK.
Anyways, how about this: The one's responsible are going to prison, and the girl is never coming back. The family can mourn and get on with their lives and the world will continue to turn. Stop stretching things out in court for a paycheck

Since: Sep 09

Pico Rivera

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

<quoted text>
RHeights needs to become it's own entity & break away from LAC & start to watch after the people.
shrapnel

Temple City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

COBRA is making sense. Crabshack and the bartender should be held accountable.

Since: Mar 08

Bellflower, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

Even though her loss was heartbreaking, these boy's being given a plea bargain for shorter time will never bring back your beautiful, daughter, friend, niece. I just hope they will learn from this major mistake and will grow from this tradgedy. My family and I ( my mother 's house wall is where the memorial is for Ondrea ) always think of her, and your loved ones, so keep up the faith, and know she is always close to your hearts!
Sincerely,
The Camacho Family-Rowland Heights 2009
Thank You!

Since: Mar 08

Bellflower, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

Amanda

Carmichael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2011

shrapnel wrote:
Our judicial system is really pathetic.
Yes, it is.....Ondrea Alvarez was my cousin. I recently joined Facebook, where I found out about her. Until then I did not know I had a cousin named Ondrea. I friended her and my friend request was accepted. I was scrolling through her info when I learned what had happened.... there is a page on FB called "Saving Lives Through the Memory of Ondrea Alvarez."
This is directed to everyone that reads this: please like this page to remember Ondrea and remember all those who have lost their lives to drunk drivers.
Though I never knew Ondrea personally, learning about her death has affected me tremendously. I miss her so much; the fact that we never knew each other does not change that she was family, and I love my family. Please like the FB page, and maybe light a candle for Ondrea on March 2....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 min ferris wheel 200,602
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 19 min Bruin For Life 26,973
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 1 hr BOD too 4,929
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr standing ground 4,979
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr marching banded 15,931
Tafoya and Cook in Court Again Today 4 hr Interesting 1
1 dead, 1 wounded in Baldwin Park shooting (Nov '12) 11 hr big dik 103

Search the Rowland Heights Forum:
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
Rowland Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••