Street racers admit guilt in fatal Ro...

Street racers admit guilt in fatal Rowland Heights crash

There are 33 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Dec 4, 2009, titled Street racers admit guilt in fatal Rowland Heights crash. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

Two drivers pleaded guilty Friday to killing a passenger when they raced down a Rowland Heights street while drunk on March 2. Ondrea Alvarez, 20, of Bellflower, was killed in the crash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
King of SGV

Buena Park, CA

#1 Dec 4, 2009
It's too bad the drivers didn't die or get more seriously injured and the girl survived.
Street racers are stupid...

“Always on topic”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#2 Dec 4, 2009
Pathfinder needs speed bumps, cameras, or a full time ticket writer. The revenue generated from ticket writing would pay for this cop to sit there, and then some.

Everyone is a street racer these days. Here is a thought to ponder: Many other people have the same car you have. Yours is not special and does not have superpowers. So yes you installed a stupid noisy exhaust and bolted on an air filter kit, guess what? So have a million other people. So lame.
Ricky Ricardo

United States

#3 Dec 4, 2009
Living with the guilt is probably a lot worst than the prison sentence.
showtime

Monrovia, CA

#4 Dec 4, 2009
poor choices made by the boys in the group...drinking and driving does'nt mix...again.
That Dude

West Covina, CA

#5 Dec 4, 2009
Ehhhhh holmes! Dats how we do it ehhhhh! We'z Mexican holmes!
shrapnel

Rosemead, CA

#6 Dec 4, 2009
Our judicial system is really pathetic.

“Your bear to cross”

Since: Aug 09

Whittier, California

#7 Dec 4, 2009
Ten years hardly seems a fair trade for a girl's life, does it.

At the least, these morons should forfeit any right to operate a motor vehicle for life. Tack on a couple hundred hours a year of community service for the next 20 years to the 10 years of hard time and you might be approaching something just.

Or, maybe the gas chamber.
Cabinfever

Glendora, CA

#8 Dec 4, 2009
Young guy, driving a G35, it doesn't sound 'gang' to me.

Too bad for him. You don't want to go into prison without some gang backup, not when you're 20. Especially not when all you got to show how hardcore you are is killing a girl street racing.

These are going to be a rough few years coming up for those guys. Not that it brings the girl back.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#9 Dec 5, 2009
This is how you should go... face up to your responsibility without having to drag everyone, especially the victim's family through a trial and hope that they will find you INNOCENT!!! this young man should be commended for taking responsibility for his actions...unfortunately that will not bring this young woman back. However, will serve as a lesson to all others out there, drunk driving and causing harm to others, and looking at this case and learning from an example of "GUILT and REMORSE"
Bill

Glendora, CA

#12 Dec 5, 2009
Terrific at least there two less monkies, (i.e., people with low IQ's )off the streets for the next 10 years and hopefully they aren't let out sooner.
Bystander

Huntington Beach, CA

#13 Dec 5, 2009
I am glad Justice finally took its course! It is such a sad story and I do not beileve that Elias or Brian got enough punishment for their actions. Their families will be there when they get out of prison to see them and hug them. Ondrea's family and friends will NEVER be able to see/hug/hear her voice again. They call things like this an accident - but that doesnt mean what happened is ok! it is the boys fault 110%- and to tell you the truth - it would be an accident if they were not racing - but they knew the possible outcomes that could come from racing and put Ondrea's life in jeopardy when they stepped on the gas. If only their families could never see them again - maybe they would know how her family must feel.
unknown

Redmond, WA

#14 Dec 6, 2009
They're just kids... this is a horrible accident. Its a shame that teenage stupidity had to end with someones life being taken.
Im sure all of you have drove after haveing some drinks. None of you should judge.
kirk dbar

Diamond Bar, CA

#15 Dec 6, 2009
thanks to these two jerk-offs, me and my high school buddies can't drink at joes crab shack anymore...
john

Lytle Creek, CA

#18 Dec 6, 2009
Sad story played out year after year. Kids think they're indestructable despite all the programs and preaching to the contrary.
COBRA

Fullerton, CA

#19 Dec 6, 2009
let's hope the victims family takes the Crab shack and the two guys that were racing to the cleaners.

the bartender got off scot free by taking the 5th.

I use to race but never on the street.if people would just think about what could happen before the moment or during a lot of lives could be saved.

I have a sticker on my speedometer that reads
"I could Kill someone" and that kept me in check.
morons out there

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Dec 6, 2009
COBRA wrote:
let's hope the victims family takes the Crab shack and the two guys that were racing to the cleaners.
I use to race but never on the street.if people would just think about what could happen before the moment or during a lot of lives could be saved.
You are an idiot. It's always about suing someone , huh?? So by taking the restaraunt and the family to the "cleaners", that will make everything better, right??? Oh, and if you need a sticker on your speedometer to understand that speeding can kill, you need a bigger brain. Maybe i'll carry around a gun, but put a sticker on it that says "I could kill someone by pulling this trigger". That way i'll be reminded. Moron!
LA PUENTE

Baldwin Park, CA

#21 Dec 6, 2009
COBRA wrote:
sounds like b.s.
COBRA

Fullerton, CA

#22 Dec 6, 2009
morons out there wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot. It's always about suing someone , huh?? So by taking the restaraunt and the family to the "cleaners", that will make everything better, right??? Oh, and if you need a sticker on your speedometer to understand that speeding can kill, you need a bigger brain. Maybe i'll carry around a gun, but put a sticker on it that says "I could kill someone by pulling this trigger". That way i'll be reminded. Moron!
That's right it's about making an establishment liable!! for being negligent for there actions and the actions of there employees WHO SERVED ALCOHOL to people UNDER 21!!

I understand very well but some times you are tempted to do something stupid so you need something to REMIND YOU THAT WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO DO CAN KILL SOMEONE INNOCENT.

kind of like having a gun lock on the trigger those few seconds it
takes to remove it might make the difference between a bad argument and life in jail.
to Cobra

Downey, CA

#23 Dec 6, 2009
Hey maybe you should put a sticker on your computer that says If you can't say anything nice or smart...don't say anything at all. Because we all the that Joe's Crab shack and the boys parents told them to drink and drive and crash right?? sounds to me like if your over 19 why should the family be sued? if your adult child is off to war and something happens should the family be sued a million miles away?? Idiot! hey they could go after the car dealer too for making the car and the finance company for approving the purchase!!!
morons out there

Los Angeles, CA

#24 Dec 6, 2009
COBRA wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right it's about making an establishment liable!! for being negligent for there actions and the actions of there employees WHO SERVED ALCOHOL to people UNDER 21!!
I understand very well but some times you are tempted to do something stupid so you need something to REMIND YOU THAT WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO DO CAN KILL SOMEONE INNOCENT.
kind of like having a gun lock on the trigger those few seconds it
takes to remove it might make the difference between a bad argument and life in jail.
It's always about pointing a finger and suing here in america is what i'm trying to get at. I don't care if they sue that company for all they got, all that is gonna happen is the company will file for bankruptcy, the family will get no money, and their daughter will still be dead. Money can't bring back loved ones. Also, stop pointing fingers. Those kids could have got alcohol anywhere, it's not hard. A bartender at a restaraunt can serve alcohol to minors and get away, it's not the manager and owners job to go I.D. people, they hire servers for that. If the server did it, he should be fired, and that should be the end of it. This american philosophy of "holding those accountable" has to be the worst thing ever! How about we sue the car maker too for making the car go so fast. Then let's sue the alcohol industry because it impairs your judgement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lozano running for state assembly Ha Ha Ha 18 hr Fund Raising 2
Mayor Lozano and Pacheco were served again Laws... 18 hr Conference Busted 1
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun Chosen Traveler 32,265
News Downey police probe apparent murder-suicide on ... (Nov '10) Sun Devona 103
News Gang member held in shooting of 9-year-old (Oct '09) May 1 TurkBandit 46
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Apr '16 Que Er 4,509
Married with lesbian desires Mar '16 BrenRey 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages