LAPD veteran killed in Diamond Bar cr...

LAPD veteran killed in Diamond Bar crash recalled as "sought-af...

There are 35 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Feb 26, 2010, titled LAPD veteran killed in Diamond Bar crash recalled as "sought-af.... In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

A veteran Los Angeles Police Department officer sustained fatal injuries when her car swerved across a median and collided head-on with a pickup truck.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Silly Billy

Sunland, CA

#28 Feb 27, 2010
Amazing wrote:
A veteran officer dies in an off-duty accident and the story gets 5 replies.
A RESERVE officer shoots his son and gets 66.
Very sad.
R.I.P. sister.
So what are you trying to say? A Veteran officer is more important than a RESERVE officer. You are obviously a pig, thinking you are above everyone else.
Silly Billy

Sunland, CA

#29 Feb 27, 2010
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Sad, but an example of the serious dangers of cell phone use while driving. Glad there were not other fatalities.
What are you talking about? She was a cop, all laws dont apply to her, she's super human and perfect.
Silly Billy

Sunland, CA

#30 Feb 27, 2010
Daima wrote:
<quoted text>
Cause of accident has not been determined.....noone knows txt was the cause of accident. How about if she had a heart attack...
True but if she was texting, we will never know. They will cover it up, they are good at that you know.
Silly Billy

Sunland, CA

#31 Feb 27, 2010
Dismayed wrote:
When we read the cowardly and insensitive comments posted here, we're vividly reminded that there are heartless morally bankrupt individuals out there with no regard for their fellow citizens. Because of them, we realize how lucky we all were to have had people like officer Jacqueline Montalvo out there standing up and representing the rest of us. Condolences to her friends, her family an those that she served.
Not to be mean but more than likely she was at fault. So was she having so much regard for her fellow citizens? What ever she was doing...texting, talking, applying make up, speeding, was she thinking about everyone around her.
Let's not make her a hero or totally blame her until the cause is known.
Stew Pidass

Pasadena, CA

#32 Feb 28, 2010
Silly Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
True but if she was texting, we will never know. They will cover it up, they are good at that you know.
I'm sure they have Verizon and AT&T in their back pocket who will help clear her phone records too. Tell us what else you know about the dirty world of police work, please.
Tow

Long Beach, CA

#33 Feb 28, 2010
Silly Billy wrote:
<quoted text>Not to be mean but more than likely she was at fault. So was she having so much regard for her fellow citizens? What ever she was doing...texting, talking, applying make up, speeding, was she thinking about everyone around her.
Let's not make her a hero or totally blame her until the cause is known.
Sound to me like you're doing the ignorant blaming. Look, we get it already - you don't like the police. We heard you now go be silly somewhere else.
420Republican

Hesperia, CA

#34 Feb 28, 2010
Wow if it wasn't a police officer the cause of the crash would have been released right away. Sounds like a cover up to me! They even get away with the murder of thier own child. What is sad is our society not that this person died.
Big fan

Hilmar, CA

#35 Feb 28, 2010
Hey Silly Billy, someone will be knocking on your door.
mikesmom82

Brea, CA

#37 Mar 1, 2010
BEFORE she gets my sympathy let's find out the cause of the accident. cause IF she was drinking/texting or driving while otherwise impaired she will gets the same consideration she would have given any other driver.... none
silverwolf

Redlands, CA

#38 Mar 1, 2010
mikesmom82 wrote:
BEFORE she gets my sympathy let's find out the cause of the accident. cause IF she was drinking/texting or driving while otherwise impaired she will gets the same consideration she would have given any other driver.... none
reguardless, she was an officer of the law and defender of the people. You need to check yourself before posting such comments. a death is a death and no matter who you are, it is a tragic event. At least have the decency to give respect and condolences to the friends and family.
robocop

Pomona, CA

#39 Mar 1, 2010
prayers are with you and your loved ones Ofcr Montalvo RIP.
Sarge

Palm Desert, CA

#41 Mar 2, 2010
The incident is under investigation due to the severity and by a different agency. Cover up? Be smart about it, I dont think so.... I seriously doubt that an officer with the courage to do the job, still stand tall and not flinch to attacks would allow herself to tarnish her badge. The badge is worn with honor. Now, if there are some that tarnish it, beleive me they will be uprooted. My prayers go out to her family, friends, co-workers. Brother in uniform. USArmy.
mikesmom82

Brea, CA

#43 Mar 5, 2010
check your own self silverwolf/ no sympathy for her if she is at fault does not equate to no sympathy for friends and family. It is what it is/ deal
Offc JB

Santa Ana, CA

#44 Mar 12, 2010
RIP Officer Montalvo. She may have been distraught or under the influence. Either she purposefully went across the median. In none of the articles about her can you find a mention of what it possibly was. Had this been a civilian they would have put out a statement blaming either suicide, medical distress, or something to that degree.
detective hmmm

Sterling Heights, MI

#46 Apr 18, 2014
She was murdered by Kroll for the testimony she would give in a case and that would get a Nick Kroll jailed or ruined. She was a hero and the bravest of the brave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Locals catch 10-foot mako (Aug '07) 23 min PieceOfWork 48
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 5 hr Fact Check 8,561
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr WasPhartsz 33,113
La Mirada Crime Blotter- May 29, 2017 10 hr La Mirada News 1
News Briefs:Santa Gertrudes Wall and Parkway pr... 11 hr La Mirada News 1
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Apr '17 NKOTBLOCC 4,544
News Rowland Heights man working as tutor for Santa ... Apr '17 Georgia Levin 2

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages