Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker

Nov 27, 2012 Full story: Whittier Daily News 817

Ronald S. Martinez was arrested and convicted of stalking Catherine Carvalho, the principal at St.

Read more
The Truth

Walnut, CA

#676 Feb 25, 2013
Fact wrote:
<quoted text> The fiasco is caused by vindictive parents who are not getting their way and acting like spoiled children. If their really upset they should leave. If the choose to stay then they should stop all this nonsense.
Not true. The fiasco was caused by Catherine Carvalho who should have admitted right at the start of the November meeting that she made a mistake in not notifying the parents that she had a stalker. All of the parents would have been supportive at that point. The way it was handled was very wrong. The panel at the front of the room had no way of knowing whether Ron Martinez was a threat, yet Cat and the panel all insisted that he was not. Cat also lied about not knowing about the cassette tapes. I'm sure Cat must have some remorse since hind-sight is 20/20. She probably realizes now that she screwed up. Or, at least one would think she would feel this way. But, her actions prove otherwise. She went on to create more and more chaos by trying to throw her weight and position around. She has demanded that parents meet with her and demanded that the parents support her. When they stated that they could not support her, she kicked their kids out of school. She is in no way acting Christ-like. Bishop Solis put a stop to any more kids being kicked out, thank goodness! Cat was smart in school -- book smart, however, it is evident that she lacks ALL common sense. Do you supportive parents really want someone witout common sense and someone who lies,to be the principal at your school? Very hard to believe. Regardless of the amount of name calling and belittling you friends and family of Cat do to those of us who calmly tell the truth, it will not change the facts as they happened. Nothing I stated can be discounted.
Catholic Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#677 Feb 25, 2013
Whittier Daf wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you telling me what to do and/or say? Please consider your previous posts if you respond.
"Whittier Daf" you need to support the new administration or leave. You can't have it both ways. Support means to follow directions of the school administration. If you can't, then you need to go. That's the logical outcome. Know what you can change and what you can't change.
Catholic Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#678 Feb 25, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. The fiasco was caused by Catherine Carvalho who should have admitted right at the start of the November meeting that she made a mistake in not notifying the parents that she had a stalker. All of the parents would have been supportive at that point. The way it was handled was very wrong. The panel at the front of the room had no way of knowing whether Ron Martinez was a threat, yet Cat and the panel all insisted that he was not. Cat also lied about not knowing about the cassette tapes. I'm sure Cat must have some remorse since hind-sight is 20/20. She probably realizes now that she screwed up. Or, at least one would think she would feel this way. But, her actions prove otherwise. She went on to create more and more chaos by trying to throw her weight and position around. She has demanded that parents meet with her and demanded that the parents support her. When they stated that they could not support her, she kicked their kids out of school. She is in no way acting Christ-like. Bishop Solis put a stop to any more kids being kicked out, thank goodness! Cat was smart in school -- book smart, however, it is evident that she lacks ALL common sense. Do you supportive parents really want someone witout common sense and someone who lies,to be the principal at your school? Very hard to believe. Regardless of the amount of name calling and belittling you friends and family of Cat do to those of us who calmly tell the truth, it will not change the facts as they happened. Nothing I stated can be discounted.
Where are you getting your information? Your "truth" is twisted to fit your agenda. Enough said. There are very nasty posts from the negative parents as evidence to your character defamation.
Soap Opera Drama

Anaheim, CA

#679 Feb 25, 2013
Okay, I've got a nice fresh batch of popcorn all popped and ready. You guys all crack me up. Such drama queens.
Catholic mama

Granada Hills, CA

#680 Feb 25, 2013
This principal and this priest will be gone by next year.
Not worried!
Concerned parent

Los Angeles, CA

#681 Feb 25, 2013
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
"You have fear for your child's safety" and yet you are still dropping off your children at this school for 7 hours a day, day in and day out for the last 4 months since this whole thing started? That makes no sense. What parent would do that to their child? You want safety for your child but are willing to wait it out while you are trying to make a point. You want "safety" because you are "fearful", and even though you have many choices of schools in the area you insist on bringing them back everyday? One can only conclude that your not truly fearful. You must other issues but not fear. No parent with choices leaves their child in perceived dangerous situation. You have another agenda.
I have fears, yes I do, but I didn't say I was paranoid. My concerns are fair and legitimate. Don't try to bully me with your comments and condescending attitude. My only agenda is safety! It's non parents like you who pose as parents and have nothing to do with the school, other than your relationship with the principal.
Free from negative

Los Angeles, CA

#682 Feb 25, 2013
Catholic mama wrote:
This principal and this priest will be gone by next year.
Not worried!
This "Catholic moma" will not be at St. Bruno's next year. Yay!!!! Free from bulling!
Free from negative

Los Angeles, CA

#683 Feb 25, 2013
Concerned parent wrote:
<quoted text> I have fears, yes I do, but I didn't say I was paranoid. My concerns are fair and legitimate. Don't try to bully me with your comments and condescending attitude. My only agenda is safety! It's non parents like you who pose as parents and have nothing to do with the school, other than your relationship with the principal.
You are not making any sense. First it's safety, then issues in the church, then tuition, and now it's the principal. It's okay for you and others to use defamation of the principal's character, but you can't take a little "back at you" remarks. That's the sign of a true bully. The sad part is that you don't even understand how your attack on the principal is worse than what you're getting back on this blog. You cry about "the truth" but it doesn't matter what the truth is because you have your agenda to run the school your way. Botton line, there is a principal at the school that is taking control, and it's not fitting your vision. So, it's your choice, leave or support. The principal is there to stay. Sounds like you're going to have to leave.
Parent

Chatsworth, CA

#684 Feb 25, 2013
Concerned parent wrote:
<quoted text> I have fears, yes I do, but I didn't say I was paranoid. My concerns are fair and legitimate. Don't try to bully me with your comments and condescending attitude. My only agenda is safety! It's non parents like you who pose as parents and have nothing to do with the school, other than your relationship with the principal.
Say what you will. Clearly if your concern was safety ... your children would have been out of there long ago. No good parent says they are fearful of a situation and yet sends there children in there everyday. You either have fear or you don't. You even argue that your fears are " fair and legitimate". And you still send them in there. I am stating my opinion as you have stated yours. I have children who I would never put in a perceived dangerous situation... Not even for one minute. You have passed this off as you are not "paranoid" you just have " fears".. That is your justification.. No matter what say, it still doesn't make since and you know it. In essence, you are not fearful enough to change your situation. Just fearful enough to make a big deal about your fears on this blog.
On a positive note

Granada Hills, CA

#685 Feb 25, 2013
Free from negative wrote:
<quoted text>
This "Catholic moma" will not be at St. Bruno's next year. Yay!!!! Free from bulling!
You are weird and and have weird comments about every post. Big celebration when this principal leaves. &#127881;
Crazy Stuff

La Habra, CA

#686 Feb 25, 2013
How many pews are in the church?
Whittier Dad

Whittier, CA

#687 Feb 26, 2013
By this time the diocese has to consider the problems the administration is now carrying. Dragged through criminal courts, civil courts, newspapers, radio and television, plus imminent loss of revenue from the school and collection basket. No other regional Catholic schools have this notoriety right now. The other local school administrators are staying out of this mess because they don't want to be associated with our failing leaders.

I hope the good parents of Saint Bruno keep the constant pressure not allowing the abuse of our school to continue. These problems weren't here 12 months ago. There is a straightforward solution that the archdiocese can't ignore.
The Truth

San Diego, CA

#688 Feb 26, 2013
Catholic Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you getting your information? Your "truth" is twisted to fit your agenda. Enough said. There are very nasty posts from the negative parents as evidence to your character defamation.
Nothing I said was "twisted" in any way. I have no agenda other than stating facts. There is so much you evidently don't know, Catholic Dad. I went to school with Cat. She was very book smart, but by her actions today, it is evident she is witout any common sense. She is acting totally out of control! Why can't you see it? BTW, are you really a man, or just going by that name. Some of your postings leads one to believe you are a woman. Just wondering...
Free from negative

Burbank, CA

#689 Feb 26, 2013
Whittier Dad wrote:
By this time the diocese has to consider the problems the administration is now carrying. Dragged through criminal courts, civil courts, newspapers, radio and television, plus imminent loss of revenue from the school and collection basket. No other regional Catholic schools have this notoriety right now. The other local school administrators are staying out of this mess because they don't want to be associated with our failing leaders.
I hope the good parents of Saint Bruno keep the constant pressure not allowing the abuse of our school to continue. These problems weren't here 12 months ago. There is a straightforward solution that the archdiocese can't ignore.
Oh, so that's what your plan was all along. Failed.
Crazy Stuff

Los Angeles, CA

#690 Feb 26, 2013
Where are the bike racks on campus. I need to lock my bike
Jan Brady

Whittier, CA

#691 Feb 26, 2013
Crazy Stuff wrote:
Where are the bike racks on campus. I need to lock my bike
They are on Citrustree but you can't use them...Marsha said so. Come on Peewee, there are no bike racks. Who rides bikes to school ?
Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Rowland Heights, CA

#692 Feb 26, 2013
St Bruno Parent wrote:
Dear Disgusted with liars. If you were truly concerned with your child's safety you would have removed them from the school at the first sign of trouble. The fact that you have not and choose only to complain is proof of that fact. You are putting your children second to your first priority of trying to run this school. News flash. Parents don't run the school. If you don't like the principal take your child and leave. No one wants to listen to your complaining anymore. You same parents have run off 4 principals in 9 years. Enough is enough. Time for a few bad parents to go not the principal. The school will be better for it
You seriously have some anger management issues. Your offensive language and emotionally based responses make your point mute and make you seem psychologically imbalanced. Rather than post on this site, perhaps you should seek some attention for your mental health disorders.
Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Rowland Heights, CA

#693 Feb 26, 2013
no old school wrote:
<quoted text>
The principal NEVER said she was sorry.
Are you guys seriously talking about people's weight??? I feel so sorry for the kids, since they apparently have parents that are more immature than them. Why don't we try to remember this is a CATHOLIC school and start keeping a little thing called the 10 commandments in mind when having what's supposed to be an educated argument. Thanks
Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Rowland Heights, CA

#694 Feb 26, 2013
John Concern wrote:
<quoted text>
Previous principal left for personal reasons the one prior to thst left because of a job transfer. You are once again spewing false info. No one chased these principal. The issues we have here is her poor performance. Hang in there child of God and you discover the truth. Don't be upset with me the truths are their way. Please work on the foul language it's not becoming of you darling
Okay Catherine we get your point, you don't need to keep posting here under false names.
Crazy Stuff

La Habra, CA

#695 Feb 26, 2013
When do we get the ipads

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BP School District Corrupt and Council (Dec '11) 5 min IQ CHALLENGE 25
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 29,259
News Suspect in fatal shooting of Whittier teenager ... (Mar '12) 5 hr bhesh 122
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 5 hr Davis 5,414
Helping the homeless people at La Palma Park (Sep '12) 11 hr RCT 130
Citizens are shocked by CarParker's stance on h... 17 hr Justice for all 1
My Favorite Turtle Comment 19 hr Tuttle Mania 17

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at March 26 at 2:00PM PDT

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]