Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker

Nov 27, 2012 Full story: Whittier Daily News 817

Ronald S. Martinez was arrested and convicted of stalking Catherine Carvalho, the principal at St.

Full Story
First Hand Knowledge

Pico Rivera, CA

#224 Feb 8, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the parents also have the right to act his abhorrently? If the answer is yes then it only follows that the school administration has a right to remove them if necessary to insure the smooth operation of the school. Anything else would be illogical to believe. I feel sorry for the children of the parents who chose to act in such a manner that this became necessary but the parents brought this on themselves. I hope their children forgive them for what they alone have caused as a consequence of their behavior
I agree the parents are acting in a way that effects their children, but this can't be easy for them they are struggling with the decision on what's best for the students. Whether that means keeping them there or just pulling there children out. All these parents have been there for years everyone knows each other everyone loves each other as a family including the faculty. And for the principal to just come in and manipulative these parents, the faculty, for her own personal gain to cover up what she could have just told in the first place. This is just more then about a stalker, this goes on to the way she treats the community of the school and the way she is abusive to her faculty.
Not so sure about that

Santa Ana, CA

#225 Feb 8, 2013
First Hand Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree the parents are acting in a way that effects their children, but this can't be easy for them they are struggling with the decision on what's best for the students. Whether that means keeping them there or just pulling there children out. All these parents have been there for years everyone knows each other everyone loves each other as a family including the faculty. And for the principal to just come in and manipulative these parents, the faculty, for her own personal gain to cover up what she could have just told in the first place. This is just more then about a stalker, this goes on to the way she treats the community of the school and the way she is abusive to her faculty.
Unfortunately the love you reference does not seem to be apparent in most of these posts, especially the ones from "city employee". More like frenemy's I think. As for "abusive to the faculty", is that what you call it when both school and archdioceses rules, requirements, policies and procedures are enforced?
First Hand Knowledge

Pacoima, CA

#226 Feb 8, 2013
Not so sure about that wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately the love you reference does not seem to be apparent in most of these posts, especially the ones from "city employee". More like frenemy's I think. As for "abusive to the faculty", is that what you call it when both school and archdioceses rules, requirements, policies and procedures are enforced?
It's abuse when the rules are created solely for the purpose of personal gain. Seriously a rule saying that parents can't talk to the media? That has nothing to do with education. Everything that happens between everyone has gone way past professional. Everyone is taking things personally now.
Not so sure about that

Moreno Valley, CA

#227 Feb 8, 2013
First Hand Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
It's abuse when the rules are created solely for the purpose of personal gain. Seriously a rule saying that parents can't talk to the media? That has nothing to do with education. Everything that happens between everyone has gone way past professional. Everyone is taking things personally now.
Maybe the heeling can start with you then. God will reward you
digusted

Los Angeles, CA

#228 Feb 9, 2013
Now two families have been asked to leave. The principal appears to have a hit list of her own. If you do not back her you must go. This lady hides behing the cloak of religion and the father backs her.
digusted

Los Angeles, CA

#229 Feb 9, 2013
Now two families have been asked to leave the school. If you do not back her you must go. It appears that the principal has a hit list of her own and the father is backing her. This is a sad situation and the principal and father hide behind the cloak of religion.
harrybolas

Rowland Heights, CA

#230 Feb 9, 2013
Update: petition that was sent to archdiocese and signed by concerned parents at SBS was sent back to Principal of SBS and parents were asked to report to the school and retract their complaint or they will be asked to remove their children from the school.
John Concern

La Habra, CA

#231 Feb 10, 2013
Is this the same principal that would take a bullet for your child? Is this the principal that will do anything to protect your child? WOW
sad situation

Los Angeles, CA

#232 Feb 11, 2013
I have stayed on the sidelines and observed everything. I did not sign the petition and did not comment at the meetings. However, the principal and father are tearing the school apart. My children will not be returning and hope for the best at another school. It appears that most of the people who support the principal and father are somehow benefiting or are working for them.
Lorilie

Santa Ana, CA

#233 Feb 11, 2013
sad situation wrote:
I have stayed on the sidelines and observed everything. I did not sign the petition and did not comment at the meetings. However, the principal and father are tearing the school apart. My children will not be returning and hope for the best at another school. It appears that most of the people who support the principal and father are somehow benefiting or are working for them.
You are a Sad Situation! If you think the Principal and Father are tearing the school apart you are wrong. The people who are tearing the school apart are the small group of parents who meet in the parking lot, at Panera Bread, and Realtors office to excite themselves over lies. If youíre not happy here then you have the right to leave or stay. However, if you stay get over it, or better yet be part of the solution and help us work towards rebuilding.
Seriously Benefiting!! We the volunteers, workers, and parents are not working for Father or the Principal, we are WORKING WITH THEM! This is in order to help our community and school. Our work/volunteering has been benefiting all families here for over 30 years.
I canít imagine feeling this strongly about my convictions and not placing my real name.
Lorilie
John Concern

La Habra, CA

#234 Feb 11, 2013
What are lies being discussed by the small group of parents?
Gerry Burge

Santa Ana, CA

#235 Feb 11, 2013
I have a good idea. Why don't we just all get a long and love each other. Life is far to short and far to precious. Fish Fry Fridays.!!! Lets go St. Bruno's.!!!!God Bless Us All!
Peace in Whittier

Bellflower, CA

#236 Feb 11, 2013
Got to love you sister!
Ashes to Ashes

Whittier, CA

#237 Feb 11, 2013
Reflect on the true meaning of the Lenten season. Give up hatred and anger. Turn to Christ in order to live in peace and happiness. Let's humble our hearts and come together as a community. St. Bruno Parish for Fish Fry Fridays!
John Concern

La Habra, CA

#238 Feb 11, 2013
Ashes to Ashes wrote:
Reflect on the true meaning of the Lenten season. Give up hatred and anger. Turn to Christ in order to live in peace and happiness. Let's humble our hearts and come together as a community. St. Bruno Parish for Fish Fry Fridays!
Lies bullying and poor leadership create anger. Commit to honesty and integrity for the True meaning of the Lenten Season
Kim Moreno Parishioner

Riverside, CA

#239 Feb 11, 2013
The devil has done his work. The Principle of St. Bruno will have to answer to God for her sins. The poor children have to suffer for her selfish ways. May god open her eyes so she can repent. Please pray for the children for they are innocent victims of this tyrant. She claims to be a woman of god, Her actions show otherwise. It sickens me that Father just sits backs with great pleasure watching her destroy good families. He should be ashamed of himself. I'am disgusted & ashamed to be a parishioner here. May you all find peace in your decisions to do what's right.
SB parent

Modesto, CA

#240 Feb 11, 2013
Lorilie wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a Sad Situation! If you think the Principal and Father are tearing the school apart you are wrong. The people who are tearing the school apart are the small group of parents who meet in the parking lot, at Panera Bread, and Realtors office to excite themselves over lies. If youíre not happy here then you have the right to leave or stay. However, if you stay get over it, or better yet be part of the solution and help us work towards rebuilding.
Seriously Benefiting!! We the volunteers, workers, and parents are not working for Father or the Principal, we are WORKING WITH THEM! This is in order to help our community and school. Our work/volunteering has been benefiting all families here for over 30 years.
I canít imagine feeling this strongly about my convictions and not placing my real name.
Lorilie

I was chuckling as vomit came out my mouth. I guess you have to support them or your free "Tuition" goes away. That's a lot of butt kissing! Your the sad one!!! No one cares what you have to say.
Gerry Burge

Santa Ana, CA

#241 Feb 11, 2013
I will pray for u both Kim and Concern. You need it most! May God help you overcome all your hatred and anger.:)
Very very sad

Modesto, CA

#242 Feb 11, 2013
Please tell me how Christian it is to tell 2 families that they are no longer allowed to attend school anymore? Their children that have been there since kinder had no school to attend today. How would you feel if that was YOUR child? Their children did not even have the chance to say goodbye to their friends and teachers. Tell me how that portrays the loving Catholic faith that the school teaches?? Or do they? St. Bruno's families, you have NO voice! If Father and Ms. Carvahlo hear you making any noise, any opinion any thought that does not support them you will be SILENCED! Your children expelled! Uprooted in an instant without a care in the world! It has been done! There is no lie about that! Just ask the 4 children that had NO SCHOOL to go to today!
Fish Fry

La Habra, CA

#243 Feb 11, 2013
And the boycott begins. I think you have opened up a bigger can of worms. A lot of money will be lost for the Parish. Mandatory hours and that's all you get. Nothing more is being done to help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Health solutions, see image attached 3 hr Local Fullerton 1
La Mirada City Council election 6 hr The Incumbents 4
A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Dec 3 Los Angeles 4,494
Smoke 420 Nov 29 anonymous 1
Why the helicopters? Nov '14 1138d3nx 2
Local CHP offices stop using Rowland Heights to... (Sep '11) Oct '14 rjrroks 29
57/60 freeway project gets $10 million grant; c... Oct '14 ObamaLandGrabsInSGV 1

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rowland Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:06 am PST