Car Parker

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Well well well. The rats keep showing up.

Laura Santo lobbies for Royal Coaches towing.

Laura Santo was disbarred for misappropriating thousands of dollars in client funds and "committing acts of moral turpitude.

Just the type of person who Royal Coaches associates with.
Car Parker

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Judged:

Following several disciplinary actions while she was a family law and bankruptcy lawyer, Santos was disbarred in 2001 for misconduct - including failure to pay restitution, misappropriation of client funds, failure to perform legal services competently and failure to respond to client inquiries - in seven consolidated cases, according to the State Bar of California website.

Santos, who is one of six candidates running in the Nov. 8 election, said family commitments caused her to close her Downtown Los Angeles office. She became the legal guardian of her niece's 2-year-old daughter in 1998.

"It was unplanned parenthood, so for two years I tried to continue practicing law and tried to take care of (my great niece) and it wasn't working," she said. "I wasn't managing well and things were falling through the cracks and things got worse and worse and I knew that I couldn't handle it."

So I stole clients money to make ends meet.

Voters What the hell do you think she will do when she has an opportunity.
Car Parker

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Judged:

Birds of a feather stick together.
Ah Yes

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Judged:

This special person also was in trouble with the IRS and had tax liens. This money person for royal coaches joined all the local chambers and made the political scenes for all the surrounding city's and offered payouts to help royal coach to secure towing contracts. I understand she works for cash so she doesnt have to pay taxes and is not tied to them.
Why would you want someone who can't handle her own personal finances running your school district. Why do you want a person who has a questionable past and who does illegal payoffs for tow companies.
Let's clean up the school boards along with city council members and vote for honest people .
Car Parker

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

Disbarred Bassett Unified candidate questioned
By Juliette Funes, Staff Writer
Posted: 10/28/2011

SANTOS

LA PUENTE - Some candidates running for the Bassett Unified School District board are questioning incumbent Laura Santos' integrity after an anonymous email distributed to administrators revealed that she was disbarred for misappropriating thousands of dollars in client funds and "committing acts of moral turpitude."

Following several disciplinary actions while she was a family law and bankruptcy lawyer, Santos was disbarred in 2001 for misconduct - including failure to pay restitution, misappropriation of client funds, failure to perform legal services competently and failure to respond to client inquiries - in seven consolidated cases, according to the State Bar of California website.

Santos, who is one of six candidates running in the Nov. 8 election, said family commitments caused her to close her Downtown Los Angeles office. She became the legal guardian of her niece's 2-year-old daughter in 1998.

"It was unplanned parenthood, so for two years I tried to continue practicing law and tried to take care of (my great niece) and it wasn't working," she said. "I wasn't managing well and things were falling through the cracks and things got worse and worse and I knew that I couldn't handle it."

Some candidates, including Joe Medina, said being disbarred is a "serious issue" that Santos, who is still prohibited from practicing law in the state, is not disclosing.

"Since we're talking about being on the school board and the integrity that's required of each school board member to be open and honest about their past, I think there is a correlation," Medina said. "If I had been in some time removed from my position and had my credential taken away from me, again that would not prohibit me from being on the school board, but I think that the public would have a right to know."

Santos was admitted to the state bar in 1990. In October 1996 she was suspended for 30 days and placed on six months probation for failing to perform her work adequately, refusing to repay unearned fees and not attending ethics school.

Santos' legal troubles culminated in 2000 when she lost her license to practice law after refusing to cooperate in three separate bar investigations of her misconduct. She was suspended for four years and ordered to pay restitution to clients who filed between $5,000 and $10,000 in claims.

Santos was then disbarred in 2001 and settled claims out of court, repaying about $5,000 to clients, Santos said.

"I know it sounds really bad," said Santos, who was first elected to the school board in 2007.

Some candidates are accusing Medina and his running mate, Maria Arreola, of circulating the anonymous email to district administrators.

Medina denied the allegations.
The Facts

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

It doesn't matter who states the truth and the facts of a public official your past is an open book. If you would screw your own customers then what makes you think she wouldn't hesitate to screw the school district. This is why our country is bankrupt the greedy politicians and corrupt politicians are ruining the country. Let's clean it up starting now. Hey I bet you didn't know that Ed Hernandez the corrupt health insurance boy is endorsing her also.
remains disbarred

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Laura Luciana Santos Disbarred December 1990
Watch this one

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Following several disciplinary actions while she was a family law and bankruptcy lawyer, Santos was disbarred in 2001 for misconduct - including failure to pay restitution, committing acts of moral turpitude, misappropriation of client funds, failure to perform legal services competently and failure to respond to client inquiries - in seven consolidated cases, according to the State Bar of California website.

Now why is she hooked up with Royal Coaches towing.
Laura Santo says

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

I currently am employed as a Community Relations Representative for Royal Coaches Auto Body and Towing in Baldwin Park, a socially responsible, community-oriented family business.

Crooks working for crooks
Oh Yes

Mira Loma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Laura Santo says wrote:
I currently am employed as a Community Relations Representative for Royal Coaches Auto Body and Towing in Baldwin Park, a socially responsible, community-oriented family business.
Crooks working for crooks
This lady is well known around city chambers and and local city elections. This lady is known as the cash and favor lady. Royal Coaches has Laura make the offerings and sometimes the payouts and if she doesn't make them Little Willie does.
It is a real shame to see how corrupt politicians and tow companies work together to scam the system.
Thats right

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

If Laura Santo ever plans on rebuilding her reputation in this town she needs to distance herself from this tow company. Royal Coaches does nothing but feeds off citizens. I will never ever give her a vote until she does something positive for this community. Working for this rip off tow company is not something positive for Baldwin Park.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rowland Heights Discussions

Search the Rowland Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 25 min larry 200,344
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 32 min Fight On 26,701
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 1 hr GradsDad 1,270
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 3 hr Davis 4,813
BPUSD misconduct of officials and employees goe... (Sep '07) 7 hr Get This 2,426
Do you approve of Brian Bergman as Mayor? 8 hr LHH Resident 1
Soccer Leagues Run in Baldwin Park Corrupt 8 hr Corruption 1
•••
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••