UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 20 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#17783 Feb 8, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>BrewIn!!:o you are on a roll!!!! did someone pisss you off today, or did Bill Walton get to you that much? lmao
Guys, if you have the game on tape I highly suggest playing it again but this time only to listen to Walton. To use his word against him, That was the worst bit of color commentating I have ever heard in the history of NCAA basketball".

We was so negative and critical of UCLA that I would have thought CT and his fellow rich brats might have paid Walton off to do his rant against his former University.

I really don't give a rats ahss what philosophical babble he says on the Pac12 Network, but this was ESPN. There could be potential Bruin recruits listening to his nonsense, after all being the second greatest college player ever next to Kareem!

I know Howland has his problems, but last night Walton WAS the problem! You would never have heard ex-Bruin announcers like Donny Mac or Reggie Miller excessively bust on their old school like that! I think Walton's back pain killers have warped his brain!!!

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#17784 Feb 8, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude the Rain always brings the snakes out from under their rocks, this was expected.
The snakes expected, yes, Walton being an excessive ahsshole downer, was not! Heh heh

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#17785 Feb 8, 2013
OK its complete all the snakes from El Monte have crawled out today Topix hit the trifecta with all the Bigot Trolls from El Monte,

“I LOST A BET, SO I HAD TO GROW”

Since: Aug 09

THIS MUSTACHE. HAHA (WEIRDO)

#17787 Feb 8, 2013
I forget who posted Shabazz waiving his arms jumping up and down clapping his hands begging to take the last shot last night...I had to see it for myself, luckily I recorded the game...I was happy to see Shabazz wanting to take the last shot, that is actually a good thing, it shows you have the confidence in yourself, and beting the leading scorer in the team and leading the nation in socoring for freshmen, I am totally okay with that...what I am disappointed at is what I saw, after the shot was made the entired team dog piled on Larry Drew, except for one player, Shabazz...that, is disppointing. Shabazz should have reacted with joy, as the team had won at the buzzer.

#17788 Feb 8, 2013
**being the leading scorer - NOT beting the leading scorer.
Brendon Ayanbadejo

Los Angeles, CA

#17789 Feb 8, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
**being the leading scorer - NOT beting the leading scorer.
Hi ya toots, you can be my leading scorer :) I can dog pile on you all you want, it's what we Bruins do best!....Go Bruins!
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#17790 Feb 8, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
I forget who posted Shabazz waiving his arms jumping up and down clapping his hands begging to take the last shot last night...I had to see it for myself, luckily I recorded the game...I was happy to see Shabazz wanting to take the last shot, that is actually a good thing, it shows you have the confidence in yourself, and beting the leading scorer in the team and leading the nation in socoring for freshmen, I am totally okay with that...what I am disappointed at is what I saw, after the shot was made the entired team dog piled on Larry Drew, except for one player, Shabazz...that, is disppointing. Shabazz should have reacted with joy, as the team had won at the buzzer.
It was me who posted that.He wanted the ball because it was tied and he had nothing to lose...my guess is he would not have been so animated asking for the ball if ucla were down 1 !, still , he went from looking like a turkey having a spaszz attack , to a guy who looked like someone poured lemon in his beer after the game winner went down!,pfft....you can have that Turkey , BFL...
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#17791 Feb 8, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
ya this team is not gelling and Howland's, well you already know how I feel about him. Needing a buzzer beater at home against a team that had already lost 9 games?
I agree we could easily loss two more games and I don't see this team getting past the 2nd round, if invited in the 1st place.
Besides,......... were a FOOTBALL school
38-28 Bam !!!!!
BTW - When is the annual blowout trip to Hec Edmondson , for UCLA?!
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#17792 Feb 8, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Please man, dont get into the whole Wooden-and-how-he-was-a-cheat- too thing. That will set Rob off on a Topix tirade (with long, drawn out posts that last for miles) in trying to defend his beloved coaching hero. We heard similar defenses like when the entire Afro-American community in the DC area tried defending Marian Berry despite him being filmed on video buying coke. If video was available back in Woodens days we wouldnt even be having this conversation and the rafters at Pauley would be empty... HaHa
If sports were truly honest and meant to be a even playing field for everyone,you could probably clear the Pauley rafters of just about everything!.....might put a couple of blemishes on SC .....but it would be worth it!,lol
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#17793 Feb 8, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
BTW IE Trojan, Shabazz leads all freshmen in scoring at over 18 points.
Who gives a Shyt?!!, he was 8 for 23!!,with that money shots he probably should have had at least 30!...combined ,your 3 ballyhooed / joke-freshman were a cool 12 for 42!!!!,pfft ,give me a friggin Break!!
Those guys are all a joke , you want to talk great freshman ,talk about Derrick Rose , who buy the way -'bitch slapped' the current NBA greats of today:Westbrook-Love-Collison , and your 3 stooges you have now are no where near those guys!......ohhhh ,did I mention UmMHA Bahamute ,lmao...

#17794 Feb 9, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>If sports were truly honest and meant to be a even playing field for everyone,you could probably clear the Pauley rafters of just about everything!.....might put a couple of blemishes on SC .....but it would be worth it!,lol
Yah, and Heritage Hall would be completely empty of hardware, wood, crystal and stone monuments, and filled with dust and crickets.

#17795 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>Who gives a Shyt?!!, he was 8 for 23!!,with that money shots he probably should have had at least 30!...combined ,your 3 ballyhooed / joke-freshman were a cool 12 for 42!!!!,pfft ,give me a friggin Break!!
Those guys are all a joke , you want to talk great freshman ,talk about Derrick Rose , who buy the way -'bitch slapped' the current NBA greats of today:Westbrook-Love-Collison , and your 3 stooges you have now are no where near those guys!......ohhhh ,did I mention UmMHA Bahamute ,lmao...
Derrick Rose? buahahahahaha first of all Derrick Rose, should not have even been on the court, the dude never attended class, by the time the NCAA found out the season was over and he was playing in the NBA, Caliapari and Carroll must have traded cheating secrets. I Kevin Love, and Westbrook are enjoying GREAT NBA careers, Rose? he spends more time rehabing his knees than he does on the court!!!

#17796 Feb 9, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Please man, dont get into the whole Wooden-and-how-he-was-a-cheat- too thing. That will set Rob off on a Topix tirade (with long, drawn out posts that last for miles) in trying to defend his beloved coaching hero. We heard similar defenses like when the entire Afro-American community in the DC area tried defending Marian Berry despite him being filmed on video buying coke. If video was available back in Woodens days we wouldnt even be having this conversation and the rafters at Pauley would be empty... HaHa
How many players with felonies you got this week?(pin drop)

How did you do with all of your 5 star recruits last year?(pin drop)

How does it feel to get beat by UCLA football with a team full of 3 star Freshmen?(pin drop)

By the end of 2014 you will be referring to last season as The Good Old Days (when we won 7 games)

UCLA - we just win.
USC - gets 5-star players, that are schooled by 3-stars.
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#17797 Feb 9, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Derrick Rose? buahahahahaha first of all Derrick Rose, should not have even been on the court, the dude never attended class, by the time the NCAA found out the season was over and he was playing in the NBA, Caliapari and Carroll must have traded cheating secrets. I Kevin Love, and Westbrook are enjoying GREAT NBA careers, Rose? he spends more time rehabing his knees than he does on the court!!!
Westbrook is doing well and has yet to suffer a set back-Love has missed several weeks earlier in his career and is out now for weeks with a broken hand.Rose was kick'n ass when he was healthy and led his team deep into the playoffs until he ran into the best on the planet(James), what has Love done in that regard?, and as I stated earlier Rose kicked RW and KL ass in collage , and would still do it now!.And as far as an advantage Rose had by not attending class...are you trying to say Shabazz is getting smarter by going to class , but his game on the court is getting dumbed down , and as a result, when he's on the court, he often times looks like (even you somewhat agreed)A Turkey having a conniption fit!.....if thats what your saying.....OK , I'll buy that...
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#17798 Feb 9, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Derrick Rose? buahahahahaha first of all Derrick Rose, should not have even been on the court, the dude never attended class, by the time the NCAA found out the season was over and he was playing in the NBA, Caliapari and Carroll must have traded cheating secrets. I Kevin Love, and Westbrook are enjoying GREAT NBA careers, Rose? he spends more time rehabing his knees than he does on the court!!!
No one was ever better at cheating than JW. As you state, he was never penalized.

Only an idiot would try to deny it.

#17799 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>Westbrook is doing well and has yet to suffer a set back-Love has missed several weeks earlier in his career and is out now for weeks with a broken hand.Rose was kick'n ass when he was healthy and led his team deep into the playoffs until he ran into the best on the planet(James), what has Love done in that regard?, and as I stated earlier Rose kicked RW and KL ass in collage , and would still do it now!.And as far as an advantage Rose had by not attending class...are you trying to say Shabazz is getting smarter by going to class , but his game on the court is getting dumbed down , and as a result, when he's on the court, he often times looks like (even you somewhat agreed)A Turkey having a conniption fit!.....if thats what your saying.....OK , I'll buy that...
I can't even remember Derrick Rose playing, that's how long it's been since he had his ass on the floor.

#17800 Feb 9, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one was ever better at cheating than JW. As you state, he was never penalized.
Only an idiot would try to deny it.
Jealousy, is all I see, from the trOJan twins.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#17801 Feb 9, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Jealousy, is all I see, from the trOJan twins.
Because you're delusional. You like to accuse others of cheating, but can't admit it when it's one of your own.

The only reason you cry about PC cheating is because YOU were jealous that he kicked ass for 10 years. Hilarious, that you'd whine like a bitch now that "we're just jealous", when that was YOU from 2001-2010.

#17802 Feb 9, 2013
Final Recruiting Rankings: 5-star Priest Willis has officially signed the letter of intent, after him and Tahaan Goodman told Kiffin to take a hike when offering both a scholarship on NSD...UCLA #5 USC #18 The Monopoly is OVER.

U - C - LLLLLLL - A! U-C-L-A fight! fight! fight!!!

#17803 Feb 9, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you're delusional. You like to accuse others of cheating, but can't admit it when it's one of your own.
The only reason you cry about PC cheating is because YOU were jealous that he kicked ass for 10 years. Hilarious, that you'd whine like a bitch now that "we're just jealous", when that was YOU from 2001-2010.
Your Blind, your twin made the first "cheating" accusation, I just responded. He mentioned John Wooden/UCLA (never penalized) and I mentioned Marv Goux/USC PENALIZED. You know better than to start shyt like this,(cheting topic) but your twin doesn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tuttle Turd Has NO SWAG! He's a lonely half bre... 13 min Boys in blue 1
Please Save Baldwin Park from Tuttle Turd 16 min Stop Tuttle Turd 11
Tuttle's Man Crush 17 min The Truth 7
Tuttle Secret Bromance 18 min The Truth 4
Tuttle loud & proud & seen at West Hollywood Me... 20 min Civic Minded 9
Pacheco Teaching Young People at Church needs t... 2 hr Pacheco Sick 1
LMP gang celebrates 31 years (Jun '08) 2 hr DL Cholito 1,785
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE