UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl. Full Story
Trojan

Encino, CA

#16512 Dec 11, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Use any terminology, formula, or “era” talk you want, but USC consistently has the best recruiting classes year after year. And aside from all the haters and their cheating propaganda talk b.s., why do you think that is Robbie?
USC - WHERE THE WINNERS COME TO PLAY WITH CLASS AND TRADITION!
There's about a dozen schools that are practically self recruiting. Not being one of them, he can't comprehend it.

Same as all Trojans being part of the same family. Many people who aren't a part of it, can't get it or are just jealous they aren't part of the club.

But I do have to agree with him about us needing to concentrate on non-skilled positions.(His posts the last two days have actually been civil and discussion worthy.)

Fight On!

“UCLA112 Natties ClownCollege98”

Since: Aug 09

UCLA 35 - Clown College 14

#16513 Dec 11, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Use any terminology, formula, or “era” talk you want, but USC consistently has the best recruiting classes year after year. And aside from all the haters and their cheating propaganda talk b.s., why do you think that is Robbie?
USC - WHERE THE WINNERS COME TO PLAY WITH CLASS AND TRADITION!
usc has always had the best "rankings" in recruiting classes for sure the past 12 yeaez, but how many titles? ONE you apparently don't read my comments about that or you don't understand the concept of recruiting...LET ME EXPLAIN IT AGAIN IN A FIRST GRADE LEVEL...you can have fifteen 5-star recruits, and that would ti e you the top class because each recruit is with a certain number of points based on whether he is a 2-star or a 5-star tecruit in terms of the most of the method system USC has the most 5-star recruits....THIS MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the real world of college football if all of them play the same position, and/or you don't recruit for the positions being vacated by players leaving or to increase your depth in areas where you're thin at...you didn't play football did you?

As for why do tol recruits keep coming ti usx? I have a couple theories, none of which you will like.
1. USC has been known to let their athletes run wild getting arrested without any repercussions, the charges ALWAYS get dropped.
2. USC has been known/rumored to pay players very well...as Marc Tyler confirmed last year when he said "USC really breaks breas for the football players".
3. It's a thug haven as evidenced by 5 players arrested for rape the last decade. Why haven? Charges were dropped in each case, that's freaking awesome!!! If youor me got arrested for the same thing, do you think we would be as lucky? hell no!!
4. USC has been deported in the past of players not attending class yet getting passing grades.
5. Usc is a good school, and its a free pass for most of these players to get even a basket weaving degree from a good school.
6. Many of these players would not have a chance to get into UCLA because RIGHT NOW UCLA has the toughest admission standards for a public school in the nation, making ZERO EXCEPTIONS for student athletes, therefore missing out on some top talent that UCLA might otherwise get.
7. The USC players are lied to promising they will Ger a chance to compete, but end IP on the bench because the coacbes have predetermined who's gonna play and who is not like getting benched for the entire game for fumbling once...or lied to promising they will be the main stay on the offense and vet 5 carries per game - Silas Redd.

Truth hurts, don't it?? Don't ask next time.

#16514 Dec 11, 2012
^^^some typos, due to my handset being stupid, not user error. Lol

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#16515 Dec 11, 2012
Here you go again with this BS.
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
1. USC has been known to let their athletes run wild getting arrested without any repercussions, the charges ALWAYS get dropped.
Spouting off about things that happened 10 years ago. Get over it. Not making excuses, not saying what you write is valid, just saying it has been a while since we have had anybody do something truly stupid and "get away with it" as you so eloquently put. Time to retire this.
2. USC has been known/rumored to pay players very well...as Marc Tyler confirmed last year when he said "USC really breaks breas for the football players".
Please... the NCAA is so far up our arse we can taste them. Do your really think if USC or a booster or a wannabe agent was giving a kid money they wouldn't know? Pat Haden and company are keeping the athletic department clean. Again, time to retire this.
3. It's a thug haven as evidenced by 5 players arrested for rape the last decade.
You're repeating yourself, this is the same as the 1st one. Retire it and move on.
4. USC has been deported in the past of players not attending class yet getting passing grades.
Having been on campus and actually attending classes, I can proclaim you 100% factually incorrect on this. One of the 1st guys I befriended on campus was a football player in my 1st class. We had the same major so I saw him (and a few others) in many classes thereafter, and they all did their work and participated in class and collaborated on group projects. Later, as an employee, I was able to work with one football player who had lost his scholarship due to academic issues and rather than transfer, he stuck it out, regained his eligibility and his scholarship, and went on to graduate. Only one time did I see an (ex)athlete get a little special consideration: a former baseball player asked for and received a slight reprieve in doing a presentation as he was planning on traveling to game 1 of the World Series where a former close teammate was slated to be the starting pitcher. Alas, it didn't pan out (think Steve Bartman) and he was there that day and did his presentation.
5. Usc is a good school, and its a free pass for most of these players to get even a basket weaving degree from a good school.
No such major exists at USC, sorry to disappoint you. And, again, you're repeating yourself. And as I've stated before, your are 100% factually incorrect. Get over yourself already.

Burn, baby, burn!

#16516 Dec 11, 2012
6. Many of these players would not have a chance to get into UCLA because RIGHT NOW UCLA has the toughest admission standards for a public school in the nation, making ZERO EXCEPTIONS for student athletes, therefore missing out on some top talent that UCLA might otherwise get.
Again, you are wrong. You couldn't be more wrong. I love it when you post this, because I get to demonstrate just how BLINDED you are by your hatred of USC. Every once in a while you post this nonsense and every once in a while I have to remind you that UCLA (as most universities) has an "admissions by exception" program that allows a small percentage of students to be admitted who don't normally qualify for admission. Proof? Here ya go, page 1:
Approximately 215 applicants were admitted by exception last
year, of which about 100 were athletes.
http://www.senate.ucla.edu/Committee/cuars/Do...

More proof? Ok, here you go:
Under current policy, up to 6 percent of accepted applicants can be admitted through admission by exception. At UCLA, only 2 percent of admitted students are accepted through this program, a bulk of whom are student-athletes, said newly elected Undergraduate Students Association Council President Jenny Wood. The program is designed to prevent students with great potential from slipping through the cracks.“If you’re going to be the star of the UCLA football team and you’re not eligible for the UC, they might recognize your unusual football skills,” said UC Academic Senate Chair George Blumenthal.
7. The USC players are lied to promising they will Ger a chance to compete, but end IP on the bench because the coacbes have predetermined who's gonna play and who is not
Yup, that's why, as true freshmen, Robert Woods, Marqise Lee, and now Nelson Agholor all got significant playing time. Oh wait, they out hustled and out worked more experienced players and got on the field? So they got a chance to compete and got on the field? Wow, fascinating!
Truth hurts, don't it?? Don't ask next time.
Yup, it sure does, why don't you tell us all about it?

Burn, baby, burn!

#16517 Dec 11, 2012
Link from the Daily Bruin for the 2nd quote above:

http://www.dailybruin.com/index.php/article/2...

Burn, baby, burn!

#16518 Dec 11, 2012
Sorry for the double post.

#16519 Dec 11, 2012
CPEM, thanks for your link from the Daily Bruin
, however that story us from 2005 hard to accept this as a fact for the present, as we know guidelines change, admission standards cbange Circumstances change, etc etc...other than than that hard to argue with your some of your points.

It should be noted however that CT's question was "how is that USC year in and year out keep getting the beat recruiting classes?" Therefore, it's only fair that I point out reported incidents in the the time period he us referring to because he wasn't talking about this year's recruiting class, he said "classes" so don't you think you are mistakingly accusing me of bringing up past incidents?

“TRADITION RICH!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#16520 Dec 11, 2012
CPEM wrote:
Here you go again with this BS.
<quoted text>
Spouting off about things that happened 10 years ago. Get over it. Not making excuses, not saying what you write is valid, just saying it has been a while since we have had anybody do something truly stupid and "get away with it" as you so eloquently put. Time to retire this.
<quoted text>
Please... the NCAA is so far up our arse we can taste them. Do your really think if USC or a booster or a wannabe agent was giving a kid money they wouldn't know? Pat Haden and company are keeping the athletic department clean. Again, time to retire this.
<quoted text>
You're repeating yourself, this is the same as the 1st one. Retire it and move on.
<quoted text>
Having been on campus and actually attending classes, I can proclaim you 100% factually incorrect on this. One of the 1st guys I befriended on campus was a football player in my 1st class. We had the same major so I saw him (and a few others) in many classes thereafter, and they all did their work and participated in class and collaborated on group projects. Later, as an employee, I was able to work with one football player who had lost his scholarship due to academic issues and rather than transfer, he stuck it out, regained his eligibility and his scholarship, and went on to graduate. Only one time did I see an (ex)athlete get a little special consideration: a former baseball player asked for and received a slight reprieve in doing a presentation as he was planning on traveling to game 1 of the World Series where a former close teammate was slated to be the starting pitcher. Alas, it didn't pan out (think Steve Bartman) and he was there that day and did his presentation.
<quoted text>
No such major exists at USC, sorry to disappoint you. And, again, you're repeating yourself. And as I've stated before, your are 100% factually incorrect. Get over yourself already.
Thank You!
FIGHT ON

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#16521 Dec 11, 2012
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are wrong. You couldn't be more wrong. I love it when you post this, because I get to demonstrate just how BLINDED you are by your hatred of USC. Every once in a while you post this nonsense and every once in a while I have to remind you that UCLA (as most universities) has an "admissions by exception" program that allows a small percentage of students to be admitted who don't normally qualify for admission. Proof? Here ya go, page 1:
<quoted text>
http://www.senate.ucla.edu/Committee/cuars/Do...
More proof? Ok, here you go:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yup, that's why, as true freshmen, Robert Woods, Marqise Lee, and now Nelson Agholor all got significant playing time. Oh wait, they out hustled and out worked more experienced players and got on the field? So they got a chance to compete and got on the field? Wow, fascinating!
<quoted text>
Yup, it sure does, why don't you tell us all about it?
And thank you again!

FIGHT ON

#16522 Dec 11, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>And thank you again!
FIGHT ON
why are you thanking him? For outdated information? You asked me questions and I gave answers accordingly...he posts information links that are not relevant to the present times.

Burn, baby, burn!

#16523 Dec 12, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>why are you thanking him? For outdated information? You asked me questions and I gave answers accordingly...he posts information links that are not relevant to the present times.
So blinded...

Burn, baby, burn!

#16524 Dec 12, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>why are you thanking him? For outdated information? You asked me questions and I gave answers accordingly...he posts information links that are not relevant to the present times.
*sigh*
Deep in the throws of an education crisis, we're now learning California colleges and universities are admitting thousands of students who don't make the grade. It is called admission-by-exception and the 10-campus U.C. system is really going for it, increasing its admission-by-exception by 60 percent in 2010.
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story...
Or is a story written 11 months ago outdated?

How about straight from the UC website:

[QUOTE]Sometimes even the most creative, focused and intellectually passionate students aren't able to fulfill our admission requirements. Even these students have a chance to attend UC. Some students are home-schooled and don't have transcripts. Others have life circumstances that have prevented them living up to their promise. The list is endless. If you believe you have the ability and potential to succeed at UC, you may qualify for admission by exception.
http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/f...

Hey, we understand. I just shattered (for the 20th time) your perception of UCLA and you're in the "denial" stage of the 5 stages of grief. Next comes anger, but I think you've already combined that in with the denial stage. You've been stuck in those two stages for far too long. Time to move on.

Burn, baby, burn!

#16525 Dec 12, 2012
And from the Academic Senate at UCLA:
Notwithstanding the requirements for freshman admission specified in SR 419, 424, 440, and 450, campuses may admit applicants who do not satisfy the
University’s minimum requirements, provided that the proportion of the enrolled freshman class admitted in this manner does not exceed six (6) percent.
Page 14: http://www.senate.ucla.edu/issues/documents/S...

These are regulations that went into effect for the Fall 2012 freshman class. Is this outdated as well?
Trojan

Encino, CA

#16526 Dec 12, 2012
CPEM wrote:
And from the Academic Senate at UCLA:
<quoted text>
Page 14: http://www.senate.ucla.edu/issues/documents/S...
These are regulations that went into effect for the Fall 2012 freshman class. Is this outdated as well?
He admitted about a month that he could never be objective about USC. So, we shouldn't be surprised that he can't give USC credit where credit is due.

In his eyes, anything associated with UCLA will always be good and anything associated with USC will always be bad.

#16527 Dec 12, 2012
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
*sigh*
<quoted text>
http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/f...
Hey, we understand. I just shattered (for the 20th time) your perception of UCLA and you're in the "denial" stage of the 5 stages of grief. Next comes anger, but I think you've already combined that in with the denial stage. You've been stuck in those two stages for far too long. Time to move on.
you haven't shattered anything...fact remains UCLA has the toughest admission standards for student athletes in the nation for public universities and third overall only behind Notre Dame and Stanford...Mr Research Buff, can you prove me wrong??

#16528 Dec 12, 2012
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
He admitted about a month that he could never be objective about USC. So, we shouldn't be surprised that he can't give USC credit where credit is due.
In his eyes, anything associated with UCLA will always be good and anything associated with USC will always be bad.
BINGO!!! I'm glad you get it...if only CPEM would get that.

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#16529 Dec 12, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>BINGO!!! I'm glad you get it...if only CPEM would get that.
Robbie up the meds. You have Baylor coming up. You will need a double dose... HaHa

USC - WR MARQISE LEE/FIRST TEAM ALL AMERICAN

Burn, baby, burn!

#16530 Dec 12, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>BINGO!!! I'm glad you get it...if only CPEM would get that.
Oh, I get it, so does that mean you can post all the nonsense you want about USC and not have any one contradict you? That is some nice dream world you live in.
Trojan

Encino, CA

#16531 Dec 12, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Robbie up the meds. You have Baylor coming up. You will need a double dose... HaHa
USC - WR MARQISE LEE/FIRST TEAM ALL AMERICAN
That may be true. But GT's triple option offense will pose problems for us, too. Not to mention the fact it's a big let down game for us.

I hope LK gets the kids up for it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) 1 hr TSM 1,746
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 2 hr DAVIS 5,261
Faking it the green way: Artificial grass looks... (May '09) 9 hr Fyi 18
Vineland and Stichman Residents were Lied to At... 10 hr Watching 2
East side bolen gang of baldwin park (Jun '08) 21 hr HMV TAX FREE GANG 555
La Mirada Boosters In trouble under Moschetti Tue LM parent 18
Mobile Home Living (Feb '07) Tue Cathy Smith 87

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match