UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 32599 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#28650 Aug 28, 2014
22 yrs old isn't a "kid" sorry.....,

And yes trojan we have all made mistakes, however, making himself out a "hero" and having his sister lie for him is going a bit too far,

And trojan you wern't so forgiving with Manti Teo now were you?

that being said. "ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?????"

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#28653 Aug 28, 2014
FLORIDA SWAMPER wrote:
<quoted text>
eVERY UNIVERSITY HAS COLLEGE PLAYERS THAT DO UNDESIRABLE THINGS, BUT WHEN A SCHOOL HAS HABITUAL IRREGULARTIES HAPPENING OVER AND OVER AND OVER IT FINALLY GETS TO A POINT WHERE THE NATIONAL MEDIA STARTS GIVING THE SCHOOL NICKNAMES... LIKE THE UNIVERSITY OF STUPID CLOWNS.
IT NEVER FEELS GOOD WHEN YOU HAVE A SOCIAL FIGURE FROM YOUR ALMA MATER DO SOMETHING STUPID OR WORSE, AN BELIEVE ME WE BOTH KNOW WITH O.J. SIMPSON AND AARON HERNANDEZ TO ACCOUNT FOR... NOT GOOD, NOT GOOD AT ALL!
GO GATORS - SEC FOOTBALL RULES!
Yes Mister Swamper all of our schools have skeletons in our closets but here at UCLA we would prefer to think about things like football tailgating on golf courses and intermingling regular and LGBT social events ;)

No need to bring up old wounds because every time we do our competitive enemies bring up our under-bellied Bruins of the past like:

Footballer Darryl Henley who is currently serving a 41-year prison sentence for trafficking cocaine and attempting to murder the judge and a witness from his trial by hiring contract killers :/

Or student Rodney Alcala, a convicted rapist and serial killer and was sentenced to death in California for five murders committed in that state in the seventies. His true victim count remains unknown, and is undeniably much higher :(

And more recently Paul Meyer who was arrested for the attempted murder of a female party guest he attempted to strangle at our Theta Chi house party. That DabNab UCLA chapter of Theta Chi also made news years earlier when a person visiting the house was found dead of a suspected overdose :9

Go Bruins, Go Gators! We both have our killers and it doesn’t take place on the football field!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28654 Aug 28, 2014
This hot off the press, trojan running back quits team, calls Sark a racist.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/28/usc-football-an...

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28655 Aug 28, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say he was a kid dumbass, I said he was a young man. Manti Teo wasn't a Trojan so why should I give F-uck. A young man of 22 can still be excused, but there is no excuse for a certain old man JW, who was a notorious cheater a criminal who knew better, and even lied til his death. He's in hell exchanging sulfur recepies with Htler.
Iw as responding to both you and CPEM Dipshyt read the frigging post!!!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28656 Aug 28, 2014
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
F-uck you slob! As far as me quoting the Bible JC and I are cool, so go F yourself!
Ya JC must really be proud of you potty mouth, what a hypocrite

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28658 Aug 28, 2014
Overheard on campus, Pat "comb over" Haden wishes he was back in the safety of the hospital, hasn't been a good week has it Patrica?

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#28659 Aug 28, 2014
The Clown College is also a racist school!!!:this according to a player that said "I will not play for a racist coach" http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014...

The Clown School just keeps on giving us reasons to LOL LOL LOL

what a JOKE of a school!!!!

West Hollywood, CA

#28660 Aug 28, 2014
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Iw as responding to both you and CPEM Dipshyt read the frigging post!!!
Oops, sorry there Mister Trojan. I do get a tad lathered when posting as MBD/Nation and there is something to report about USC :/

My apologizes as I realize this incident really doesn't amount to much. Believe me, when half of our basketballer camp during the Coach Bennie era was off smoking fun weed, the young fellas where calling him Coach Ben Howhitler :(

Go Bruins! I will try to curb my MBD/Nation enthusiasm but I can tell you I am going to be backed up this weekend with no hot tub release scheduled!

West Hollywood, CA

#28661 Aug 28, 2014
Bruin For Life wrote:
The Clown College is also a racist school!!!:this according to a player that said "I will not play for a racist coach" http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014...
The Clown School just keeps on giving us reasons to LOL LOL LOL
what a JOKE of a school!!!!
Please Lifer, let's not go overboard here or we will end up like that Lifeguard station in Malibu :/

If we label an entire University by one disgruntled comment by a third stringer, then those nasty Trojans would be entitled to call UCLA a homosexual school because of Coach Jimmy's Pro-LGBT comments...Hmmmmmm, maybe that isn't such a bad thing ;)

Go Bruins! I love all this non-football barbing as it keeps our minds off game three against Texas and onward!

West Hollywood, CA

#28662 Aug 28, 2014
Bruin Nation wrote:
This hot off the press, trojan running back quits team, calls Sark a racist. I got this from gossip column TMZ (sports addition) and so feel like a paparazzi right now!!! Anyway, I will come back shortly as PPP once I calm down and can think reasonably
Okay back as PPP now ;)

Sorry I continue to get carried way here. I realize that this player was probably upset at his lack of playing time so he vented his frustration. Sort of like seldom used Bruin basketballer Sooren Derboghosian who transferred to Drexel, while rumors around campus was he said Coach Stevie was a Mid-West, redneck racist :/

This probably didn't make much headlines because he already graduated from Westwood and AD Danny did well with damage control, which has been a challenge with Coach Stevie so far and the way he towel whips his son in the locker room shower ;)

Go Bruins! Catchers catch can as they say!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28663 Aug 28, 2014
Of course he'll be back, after he heals, nothing short of a murder charge keeps these fine young men off their roster
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/20...
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#28664 Aug 28, 2014
Bruin Nation wrote:
Of course he'll be back, after he heals, nothing short of a murder charge keeps these fine young men off their roster
PUHLEEEEEZE!!! if USC didn't keep 5 rapists from even a practice, do you think USC will keep a woman beater off the field after his ankles are ready? besides Carmen Trutanich has already taken care of all legalities to make sure the trOJans keep a clean record with never having a player charged with felony at worse, this thug will only be charged with a misdemeanor of disturbing the peace.
anonymous

West Covina, CA

#28665 Aug 28, 2014
CPEM wrote:
Let's do this:
Josh Shaw messed up big time. He did something stupid (possibly criminal) over the weekend, and rather than own up to it, he tried to cover it up with a lie that was quickly disproved. As most of us know, the cover up is almost always worse than the truth. When I first heard the story, my BS meter went off, which was why you didn't see me on here crowing about the "hero." Now the some of the truth has come out, and I'm sorry to say that my cynicism was well founded. These are college kids, and college kids are bound to do stupid things. I don't like how this reflects on my alma mater and the team. The university is a family, and like all families, the kids are going to get in trouble. He will be punished, as kids who get in trouble should. The severity of the punishment should reflect what he did. It should be a little more than the regular team member because, as a team captain, he needs to set the example.
Beyond that, the rest of the team is ready for the season. It's time to FIGHT ON!!!
How about doing this Pope boy.....STFU!.... bwahahaha!

West Hollywood, CA

#28666 Aug 28, 2014
Bruin Nation wrote:
Okay fellas, let's try to focus on the positive here in Westwood, just like we did when Coach Benny quickly reinstated Bruin basketballer Jerime Anderson after that unfortunate and freaky incident of a campus laptop falling into his backpack as he left class one day ;)

Go Bruins! Healing and returning stolen merchandize do wonders for restitution!

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#28668 Aug 29, 2014
FLORIDA SWAMPER wrote:
<quoted text>
eVERY UNIVERSITY HAS COLLEGE PLAYERS THAT DO UNDESIRABLE THINGS, BUT WHEN A SCHOOL HAS HABITUAL IRREGULARTIES HAPPENING OVER AND OVER AND OVER IT FINALLY GETS TO A POINT WHERE THE NATIONAL MEDIA STARTS GIVING THE SCHOOL NICKNAMES... LIKE THE UNIVERSITY OF STUPID CLOWNS.
IT NEVER FEELS GOOD WHEN YOU HAVE A SOCIAL FIGURE FROM YOUR ALMA MATER DO SOMETHING STUPID OR WORSE, AN BELIEVE ME WE BOTH KNOW WITH O.J. SIMPSON AND AARON HERNANDEZ TO ACCOUNT FOR... NOT GOOD, NOT GOOD AT ALL!
GO GATORS - SEC FOOTBALL RULES!
Well said Swamper, well said. Bruins have been dealing with TrOJan shenanigans and egotism since way back in the seventies, when SC invented a thing called Student Body Right and started to think their smelly shyt didn't stink.

Then they brought in high profile, non-academic athletes (the murderer Simpson, Anthony Davis, Charles "Trash Can Lid" White, etc) and the era of arrogance began and has never stopped!!! When they won regularly, the goody-two shoes Souther California suburbanites jumped on the bandwagon faster than a three hour sale at Macy's. They rode it for all it was worth and proclaimed foolish things like “USC is the NFL team of L.A.” and nonsense like that.

Now there may have been a few subtle periods here and there, but especially starting with Hollywood Carroll (you know him, the Seahawk coach who has the most player suspensions/fines of any NFL team), the SC Condoms thought they were literally above the law!

It wasn't until the NCAA finally started to improve their conceit-control riot gear and step up policing University "imperfections" and that is why today a lot of TrOJan fans bitch and complain that their team has reduced player sanctions and whoa is them. Then they boast "wait until we are back at full strength", but never admitting that just means back to their old ways of bringing in undesirable personalites of society..........but heck can they play football...Fight On!!!

As you stated, yes every University has problems, but the USC Condoms have the pleasure (of others) to be called "leader of the pack"!!! Heh heh heh heh heh heh

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#28669 Aug 29, 2014
Bruin Nation wrote:
The rest of us could only hope we have "win forever" sons who become just like these "fine young men"....right?! Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh

Go Bruins! Ready for a Virginia beatdown!!!
FLORIDA SWAMPER

Jacksonville, FL

#28670 Aug 29, 2014
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said Swamper, well said. Bruins have been dealing with TrOJan shenanigans and egotism since way back in the seventies, when SC invented a thing called Student Body Right and started to think their smelly shyt didn't stink.
Then they brought in high profile, non-academic athletes (the murderer Simpson, Anthony Davis, Charles "Trash Can Lid" White, etc) and the era of arrogance began and has never stopped!!! When they won regularly, the goody-two shoes Souther California suburbanites jumped on the bandwagon faster than a three hour sale at Macy's. They rode it for all it was worth and proclaimed foolish things like “USC is the NFL team of L.A.” and nonsense like that.
Now there may have been a few subtle periods here and there, but especially starting with Hollywood Carroll (you know him, the Seahawk coach who has the most player suspensions/fines of any NFL team), the SC Condoms thought they were literally above the law!
It wasn't until the NCAA finally started to improve their conceit-control riot gear and step up policing University "imperfections" and that is why today a lot of TrOJan fans bitch and complain that their team has reduced player sanctions and whoa is them. Then they boast "wait until we are back at full strength", but never admitting that just means back to their old ways of bringing in undesirable personalites of society..........but heck can they play football...Fight On!!!
As you stated, yes every University has problems, but the USC Condoms have the pleasure (of others) to be called "leader of the pack"!!! Heh heh heh heh heh heh
tHANKS. WE GATOR FANS COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND A SITUATION LIKE THAT. EVEN THOUGH NOT IN OUR OWN CONFERENCE, IN FLORIDA WE ALL HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH THE MIAMI HURRICANES, AND I KNOW YOU KNOW THEM, THE SCHOOL ROCKED WITH SCANDALS THROUGHOUT THEIR HISTORY LIKE PAY-FOR-PLAY REWARDS FROM RAPPERS, FALSIFYING RECRUIT APPLICATIONS, ALLOWING ALMOST HALF A MILLION DOLLARS IN “EXCESSIVE AID” TO PLAYERS, BYPASSING THEIR DRUG TESTING PROGRAM, MEDIATING OUT-OF-CONTROL BOOSTER FUNDING FOR PLAYER’S PLEASURES (INCLUDING PROSTITUTES), AND PROMOTING GENERALLY A THUG MENALTIY FROM THEIR PLAYERS.

YOU SAY THE TROJANS THINK THEIR S HIT DIDN’T STINK? WELL THE HURRICANES THOUGHT THEY WERE TOO GOOD WHERE IT WASN’T EVEN S HIT COMING OUT THEIR A-HOLES ANY LONGER. YEAH, SOMETIMES UNIVERSITIES AND THEIR CORRUPT AND HYPOCRITICAL ATHLETIC DIRECTORS (LIKE PAUL DEE) GET SO BIG HEADED AND SIDE TRACKED FROM THE SPOILS OF WINNING AND THE ACCOLADES (MONEY AND FAME) THAT COME WITH IT, IT BECOMES THE STANDARD POLICY FOR THE PROGRAM INSTEAD OF THE UNACCEPTABLE ANOMALY.
anonymous

West Covina, CA

#28671 Aug 29, 2014
FLORIDA SWAMPER wrote:
<quoted text>
tHANKS. WE GATOR FANS COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND A SITUATION LIKE THAT. EVEN THOUGH NOT IN OUR OWN CONFERENCE, IN FLORIDA WE ALL HAVE HAD TO DEAL WITH THE MIAMI HURRICANES, AND I KNOW YOU KNOW THEM, THE SCHOOL ROCKED WITH SCANDALS THROUGHOUT THEIR HISTORY LIKE PAY-FOR-PLAY REWARDS FROM RAPPERS, FALSIFYING RECRUIT APPLICATIONS, ALLOWING ALMOST HALF A MILLION DOLLARS IN “EXCESSIVE AID” TO PLAYERS, BYPASSING THEIR DRUG TESTING PROGRAM, MEDIATING OUT-OF-CONTROL BOOSTER FUNDING FOR PLAYER’S PLEASURES (INCLUDING PROSTITUTES), AND PROMOTING GENERALLY A THUG MENALTIY FROM THEIR PLAYERS.
YOU SAY THE TROJANS THINK THEIR S HIT DIDN’T STINK? WELL THE HURRICANES THOUGHT THEY WERE TOO GOOD WHERE IT WASN’T EVEN S HIT COMING OUT THEIR A-HOLES ANY LONGER. YEAH, SOMETIMES UNIVERSITIES AND THEIR CORRUPT AND HYPOCRITICAL ATHLETIC DIRECTORS (LIKE PAUL DEE) GET SO BIG HEADED AND SIDE TRACKED FROM THE SPOILS OF WINNING AND THE ACCOLADES (MONEY AND FAME) THAT COME WITH IT, IT BECOMES THE STANDARD POLICY FOR THE PROGRAM INSTEAD OF THE UNACCEPTABLE ANOMALY.
I concur with you SwampFella. My Bruins have been called the sleaziest basketball program in NCAA history. What Miami and USC did was nothing. My Bruins bought and paid for 10 NCAA titles. It's a good thing social media wasn't around in those days otherwise coach Wooden would have been fired. Can you imagine Lew Alcindor tweeting about Sam Gilbert giving him cash and paying for his Gf abortions or Bill Walton tweeting about coach Wooden letting him smoke illegal pot, or Sidney Wicks passing his tests when he couldn't spell Sidney?

Goooooo Bruuuuuins!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#28672 Aug 29, 2014
I see fight On/PPryck added another moniker, anonymous and that dushbag bags on others, she's the biggest troll on topix..FACT! funny how she continues to bring up past UNPROVEN accusations to deflect the current crap her beloved u$c is buried under this week.
LMFAO LOSER

West Hollywood, CA

#28673 Aug 29, 2014
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Brewski. Even though at the time a bit younger and juggling my alternative personality between my father listening to football games and my taking ballet lessons, I do vaguely remember those days of USC football and predominance over all things California ;)

It was very hard at home dance recital when all that filled the air in our quaint Westside home was USC Touchdown, USC Touchdown, USC Touchdown, USC Touchdown, over and over and over blaring out of the radio like multiple orgasms ;)

Then some years later and fast forward to my salon and all my customers and even my employees want to watch the USC football games, and I see that middle-aged hunk Pete Carroll smiling and pumping his fist in the air every time those nasty Trojans score a touchdown. If I wasn't a UCLA grad I would have to admit, it was somewhat exhilarating, especially in the direction of my loins ;)

Not sure what my point is other than whether we Bruins like it or not, those nasty USC Trojans and their successful football teams are literally a piece of fabric within the Southern California landscape year after year after year ;)

Go Bruins! I like our fabric too, such as the new LA Steel uniforms we will be parading down the runway tunnel some time this season!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ssk gangsters (Jan '13) 2 hr Bby sleepy 137
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 3 hr Lil Delinquent 2,776
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 3 hr Davis 6,868
News Man convicted in bizarre South El Monte home br... 18 hr Esther Heckman 3
News Coalition formed to back Washington Boulevard f... (Dec '13) 19 hr Smith Straightin 19
Tom Is Even Fatter Now 19 hr Marantha del Phat... 5
Black Culture: So Better Than Brown 19 hr Hector Casillas 1

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages