UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 32718 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Fight On

Los Angeles, CA

#25579 Dec 1, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, they are the best unsanctioned team in LA. He'll cry about me pointing out this simple fact and say we had 11 players on offense and 11 players on defense.
But he's too stupid to see that the same can be said about UCLA's teams during the PC years...they had 11 on each side of the ball. Yet he still cries about the PC dominance. He wants THOSE years to be asterisked for USC, but not THESE years for UCLA. LOL!!
Either those years were asterisked and these are, too, or neither are. You can't have it both ways, unless you want to look like a complete moron.
Regarding the refs...in all sports, you play well enough that the refs can't control the outcome!
Let them enjoy it while they can. They can't compete with a fully rostered USC.
FIGHT ON!!
Dude those refs were so bad, they cost us the game. No way those gay bruins beat us at home without paying the refs.

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#25581 Dec 1, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, they are the best unsanctioned team in LA. He'll cry about me pointing out this simple fact and say we had 11 players on offense and 11 players on defense.
But he's too stupid to see that the same can be said about UCLA's teams during the PC years...they had 11 on each side of the ball. Yet he still cries about the PC dominance. He wants THOSE years to be asterisked for USC, but not THESE years for UCLA. LOL!!
Either those years were asterisked and these are, too, or neither are. You can't have it both ways, unless you want to look like a complete moron.
Regarding the refs...in all sports, you play well enough that the refs can't control the outcome!
FIGHT ON!!
The old referee line and bad call excuses have run their course for SC. I am tired of hearing that crap especially when I can give SC fans at least three separate plays that the Trojans got a break on.

And YES we certainly are enjoying it. Remember, we have the tougher schedule this year which some of you Trojans kept reminding us of. You know the same one you had last year in route to that 7-6 season. Heh heh heh heh

And sanctions or not, this contest was all about perception for future recruitment and where players will now want to go to play football in Southern California!

Go Bruins!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#25582 Dec 1, 2013
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
You're team has an empty tank and will get rolled by Mighty USC next week. You guys talked shytt all year now you fagges have been silenced, that is the definition of a bandwagon fagge with your pic under the definition....LMFAO!!!
35 to FOURTEEN
LMFAO

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#25583 Dec 1, 2013
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
And you guys ALMOST won a game last night....LMFAO!!
AND YOUR DIDN'T

35 to fourteen

LMFAOAH
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#25584 Dec 1, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Remember, we have the tougher schedule this year which some of you Trojans kept reminding us of. You know the same one you had last year in route to that 7-6 season.
Of course, I remember that schedule. Your team did only 2 games better with a full roster. So, 7-6 was not bad as far as I'm concerned.

As for the ref calls, you're preaching to the choir. I'll complain about them while I'm at the game, but at the end of the say it's just as I wrote earlier...you play well enough to take them out of the equation.

Congratulations! Another year,(maybe two), to go.

We came home to read about Paul Walker, reminded that it's just a game. Of course, it was the result of his friend's stupidity. But a little sad just the same.

Have a great Christmas & New Year's!! Be safe out there!!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#25585 Dec 1, 2013
[QUOTE who="Fight On the topix troll and #1 SC bandwaggon fan"]<quoted text>
You Ruins CHOKED on National TV last night FACT!....LMFAO!![/QUOTE]

Who ckoked on the big one last night 35 TO 14 troll??

LMFAO

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#25586 Dec 1, 2013
You mean: Once again UCLA proved they can't play with the big boys and that they always choke in front of a big audience and they fumbled the chance to control their own destiny! Face it toots you guys had a better team last season with Neuheisel's players.... In 3, 2, 1,...Spin spin spin spin spin! LMFAO![/QUOTE]

who's choking now troll? 35 to 14

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#25587 Dec 1, 2013
And 6 days til Mighty USC destroys the hapless lil Bruins!...LMFAO!![/QUOTE]

well only 365 days till your mighty trojans get another shot,
enjoy all 365 days troll

LMFAO, 35 14

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#25588 Dec 1, 2013
Just admit it Sparky your Ruins choked the big one. You guys blew it, you have no excuses, who cares about a near come back, if they would have played right there would have been no need for a come back, and to top it off your beloved Hag's FG kicker choked as she does on a big one. Once again, just admit that your team chokes in big games and against good teams....6 more days to another Bruin arse kicking...LMFAO![/QUOTE]

Time to preform the HEIMLICH on your trojans troll 35 to 14

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#25589 Dec 1, 2013
LMFAO! I would say put your money where your mouth is but you would have to remove MBD/BN's pekker and that wont happen. Enjoy the week Sweet thang, the forecast for Saturday is dark and gloomy for your Bruins. It's gonna be an blowout,45-21 USC only cuz of a mercy TD at the end of the game for you guys, which you fagges will still celebrate even though you will be dominated but again that's the way Bruins like it...LMFAO!![/QUOTE]

Bright and SUNNY here in Manhattan Beach troll, hear is dark and gloomy in la puenta, LMFAO 35 to 14

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#25590 Dec 1, 2013
[QUOTE who="Fight On the topix troll and #1 SC bandwaggon fan"]We got screwed so bad. How much did fucla pay those refs. We still own LA so f uck you slob, your gonna get blown out in your bowl game.[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaaaaaa "a good old fashion butt wooping, LMFAO toll

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#25591 Dec 1, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>The old referee line and bad call excuses have run their course for SC. I am tired of hearing that crap especially when I can give SC fans at least three separate plays that the Trojans got a break on.
And YES we certainly are enjoying it. Remember, we have the tougher schedule this year which some of you Trojans kept reminding us of. You know the same one you had last year in route to that 7-6 season. Heh heh heh heh
And sanctions or not, this contest was all about perception for future recruitment and where players will now want to go to play football in Southern California!
Go Bruins!
bright sunny day in Manhattan Beach, how bout in the Valley?

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#25592 Dec 1, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
FIGHT ON!!
expected a little more from you,
but not from Fight On the topix troll and #1 SC bandwaggon fan

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#25593 Dec 1, 2013
[QUOTE who="Fight On the topix troll & #1 SC bandwaggon fan]We got screwed so bad. How much did fucla pay those refs. We still own LA so f uck you slob, your gonna get blown out in your bowl game.[/QUOTE]

don't hurt yourself troll when you fall of your bandwaggon

35 to 14 LMFAO
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#25594 Dec 1, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
expected a little more from you,
but not from Fight On the topix troll and #1 SC bandwaggon fan
In response to fools who claim that even with the reductions we have 11 players on each side of the ball?! The same can be said of all the teams that faced PC's USC teams. But they'll cry about those.

I just expect people to be more adult and compare apples to apples. But that's just me. I realize sense and logic are difficult, or more like impossible, for some people.

Congratulations on the win!! As I stated, you should get at least one more next year. It's all good.

8-9 win seasons are down years for us, but not bad for having a partial roster. I know 8-9 win seasons are celebrated in Westwood.

Coach O did OK as an interim, but it's time to find our next coach.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#25595 Dec 1, 2013
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#25596 Dec 1, 2013
BTW, it was funny hearing Mora already start campaigning for BH & other juniors to stay another year. He said exactly what I did to idiots who assumed MB regretted having stayed for his senior year.

It's the time of your life. You can go back and get your degree, yes. But you can never go back and experience it the same way you would have as a 21-22 year old.

The money will still be there next year, even if it's less than he'd get this year. Give UCLA a chance to have a 10+ win regular season!! Unlike Myles Jack, that is something that REALLY only comes around about every 10 years!!!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#25597 Dec 1, 2013
Trojan wrote:
BTW, it was funny hearing Mora already start campaigning for BH & other juniors to stay another year. He said exactly what I did to idiots who assumed MB regretted having stayed for his senior year.
It's the time of your life. You can go back and get your degree, yes. But you can never go back and experience it the same way you would have as a 21-22 year old.
The money will still be there next year, even if it's less than he'd get this year. Give UCLA a chance to have a 10+ win regular season!! Unlike Myles Jack, that is something that REALLY only comes around about every 10 years!!!
BH is a red shirt Soph, but I agree, Jack's the real deal, and how about using Vanderdoes as a Running back yesterday? 305 lbs coming at ya, watch out!!!
Like the AU/Bama game??? did you get to see it?

San Fernando Valley

#25598 Dec 1, 2013
Trojan wrote:
The money will still be there next year, even if it's less than he'd get this year.
I agree. Not to mention that another year of preparation can only enhance a kid's fundamentals for the game they hope to make a (short) living at.

That is why I am a big proponent of no more "one and done" in basketball. Experience the college life, embrace the institution that gave you a free place to play/stay. I see too many athletes have a pretty good freshman season, then run off to the NBA just because they have been projected as a last first round pick.

If you are really that good, your "game" will still be there a year from now. NBA should definitely require 2 years I college, especially because there is such a limited roster available for NBA athletes!

Any chance we may hear a peep out of CT or CPEM? If not I understand because the game was not even close enough for any sort of rebuttal (CPEM) or bad call/excuse (CT). LOL

San Fernando Valley

#25599 Dec 1, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
bright sunny day in Manhattan Beach, how bout in the Valley?
Yes the Valley is pleasantly mild this morning with a beautiful Bruin colored sky! The sun feels exceptionally warm and nourishing today!!!!!!!!!!

Go Bruins! Let's get that 10th win!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Xanies bar, Blues, oc's molly Addyis weed 45 min backintheday 2
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 49 min LMSA 7,310
News 18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) 20 hr Joe escandon 1,802
News Man stabbed by gang members (Feb '09) Sat Rene Rio 182
News Baldwin Park man charged with attempted murder Sat Rene Rio 1
News Reputed gang leader from Rowland Heights among ... (Apr '10) Jan 6 SoCalNative 19
News 5.1-Magnitude Quake Strikes La Habra An Hour Af... (Mar '14) Dec 27 TalCeck Thize Mul... 3

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages