UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 33652 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#24394 Oct 22, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll always like Manti.
I hear you Miss Wolfie. I also used to like my Bruin hero Cade McKnown until he stole fellow quarterback Tim Couch's girlfriend from behind his back :/

Go Bruins, Go Irish! Go girlfriends, real or not!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#24395 Oct 22, 2013
see my stalkers back PPPryckPapifightOn
Im s honored :)

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Lakewood, CA

#24396 Oct 23, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
maybe Lammade some sense
Orgeron has stressed a looser, fun-filled atmosphere since replacing Lane Kiffin, but it produced a mishap Monday.
Offensive lineman Jordan Simmons was carted to the trainers' table and then carted from the practice facility after suffering an apparent injury during a pre-practice drill in which coaches had offensive and defensive linemen compete in one-on-one pass coverage.
With players and coaches boisterously cheering, the 6-foot-4, 335-pound Simmons ran down the field and leapt for a pass. But Simmons came down hard on the turf and needed assistance to the sideline and cart. He was examined by athletic trainers and later by a team physician before he was carted to the locker room.
Simmons, a redshirt freshman, played briefly at right guard in place of Aundrey Walker against Notre Dame. Simmons had knee surgery before the 2012 season.
Another one? No knee brace?

West Hollywood, CA

#24397 Oct 23, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
see my stalkers back PPP, his name is fightOn
Im s honored :)
Where Nation? DabNabIt, I keep missing him :/

Go Bruins! We baby blue and gold need to stick together like flies on....something!

West Hollywood, CA

#24398 Oct 23, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Another one? No knee brace?
My my Miss Wolfie, what is that cute little bug in your avatar that when scrolled over says "Game Over" :)

Go Bruins, Go Warriors! Game Over!

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#24399 Oct 23, 2013
USC is down to 43 healthy SCHOLARSHIP players, since Saturday's game 14 are injured or hurt enough to not be able to practice yesterday...and although I sorta feel sorry for them they still have 69 on their roster, but, does any team really play all 69 players (don't excited about that 69 number Fight On & Jonathan)? USC probably has more NFL players on their roster, than 90% of the college teams, so just like Colin Cowherd said, the issue is not the 69 players on the roster (or 53 that travel) the issue is the coaching!!

Kiffin was not a good coach and Orgeron is even worse! was Orgeron thinking that giving the OLine cookies and Ice Cream was going to make them better? and what the hell was he doing making these guys horse around playing WR vs. DB? and lose an OLineman for the season? Orgeron is making Kiffin seem like Vince Lombardi at this point and time.

#24400 Oct 23, 2013
^^^ don't GET excited ^^^
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#24401 Oct 23, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
USC is down to 43 healthy SCHOLARSHIP players, since Saturday's game 14 are injured or hurt enough to not be able to practice yesterday...and although I sorta feel sorry for them they still have 69 on their roster, but, does any team really play all 69 players (don't excited about that 69 number Fight On & Jonathan)? USC probably has more NFL players on their roster, than 90% of the college teams, so just like Colin Cowherd said, the issue is not the 69 players on the roster (or 53 that travel) the issue is the coaching!!
Kiffin was not a good coach and Orgeron is even worse! was Orgeron thinking that giving the OLine cookies and Ice Cream was going to make them better? and what the hell was he doing making these guys horse around playing WR vs. DB? and lose an OLineman for the season? Orgeron is making Kiffin seem like Vince Lombardi at this point and time.
And yet you argued my remark about now having two hands tied behind our back. As I've stated before, you couldn't go one whole week without contradicting yourself if your life depended on it.

Yes, CEO is a great motivator & recruiter, but not HC material. I still hope he stays at USC, no matter who is selected as HC.

West Hollywood, CA

#24402 Oct 23, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
Please Lifer, can we stay focused on our UCLA Bruins and try to tear our sorrow away from our past anguish of playing those nasty Trojans for a moment. We have a big game of our own coming up here :/

You are sounding like how Coach Jimmy got sidetracked last season after we walloped lowly Colorado to then have ho-hum California whip our fannies by 26 points the following week :(

I understand not wanting our Bruins to focus on Oregon, the number one offense in the country with 4,500 total yards, the number two team in the country in rushing yards with 2,300, or that we will be playing the top candidate for the Heisman Trophy in this young fella Mister Mariota :/

Go Bruins! It is time we face the inevitable and stop misdirecting our fears!

West Hollywood, CA

#24403 Oct 23, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you argued my remark about now having two hands tied behind our back. As I've stated before, you couldn't go one whole week without contradicting yourself if your life depended on it.
Yes, CEO is a great motivator & recruiter, but not HC material. I still hope he stays at USC, no matter who is selected as HC.
Oh yeah, that future Trojan Head Coaching thing :/

Please Mister Trojan, could you at least let us Bruins bask in our glory of potentially another worthy season while your fellas are hindered by outside sources :/

I rather we Bruins think not of who is going to be the next coach of the desired Kings of the Hollywood media team and the admiration that comes with it :(

Go Bruins! We don't give a hootie about no asterisks! We are the champions......well at least of the South!

#24404 Oct 23, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is coaching, Penn State has the same problem USC does, and they are winning games. You've won 4 games, this year, why wasn't that a problem when you got those 4 Ws? it's only a problem when you lose? Colin Cowherd whom you idolize, even said the problem is not the number of players - you don't play all of them anyway, the problem is the coaching.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#24405 Oct 23, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>The problem is coaching, Penn State has the same problem USC does, and they are winning games. You've won 4 games, this year, why wasn't that a problem when you got those 4 Ws? it's only a problem when you lose? Colin Cowherd whom you idolize, even said the problem is not the number of players - you don't play all of them anyway, the problem is the coaching.
When Colin says something with which you agree, he's incapable of being wrong. But if not...

You're hilarious!

As FO/PPP stated, keep pretending an asterisk isn't warranted, if it makes you feel better about your team's performance. Enjoy it while it lasts. Me? I prefer to beat teams when they're at their best.
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#24406 Oct 23, 2013
BTW, we'll still give the Bruins a run for their money come Nov 30. A small part of me is glad it's going to be competitive.

For most of 1999-2011, it was like beating up on a girl.
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#24407 Oct 23, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
^^^ don't GET excited ^^^
No big talk?....no big pre talk about this weeks game with the Ducks!!,BFL?...ahahahahaahhaha aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
bruin for life

West Covina, CA

#24408 Oct 23, 2013
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>My my Miss Wolfie, what is that cute little bug in your avatar that when scrolled over says "Game Over" :)
Go Bruins, Go Warriors! Game Over!
Hey bite on you pinchie maricon! Why don't you meet me at the next hot party and show me what u got!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#24409 Oct 23, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>No big talk?....no big pre talk about this weeks game with the Ducks!!,BFL?...ahahahahaahhaha aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I think even BFL knows how this one's going to turn out. Good chance we'll both be 2-2 after Saturday.

#24410 Oct 23, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
When Colin says something with which you agree, he's incapable of being wrong. But if not...
You're hilarious!
As FO/PPP stated, keep pretending an asterisk isn't warranted, if it makes you feel better about your team's performance. Enjoy it while it lasts. Me? I prefer to beat teams when they're at their best.
My team is 5-1, we are doing just fine...what does your team have to do with ours that we need an asterisk (*)? you still have not clarified...is it that the NCAA took players from your program and gave them to us? is that you're playing with blinds?? I don't understand, please elaborate.

#24411 Oct 23, 2013
Trojan wrote:
BTW, we'll still give the Bruins a run for their money come Nov 30. A small part of me is glad it's going to be competitive.
For most of 1999-2011, it was like beating up on a girl.
We have 113 players on our program - scout teams included - and of those 113, Eighty-Five are either freshmen or sophomores, yet we're still ranked #11 in the AP and #12 in BCS, this may not be our year to dethrone Oregon or Stanford, but I like our chances for the future, regardless of what happens in Oregon or the remainder of this season...so if you are dumb enough to think that you will better than us anytime in the next 5 years, you're dumber than I thought. Oh, and BTW we will have 3 THREE true Freshmen and one true Sophomore starting against Oregon this week...so your BS about being short handed is a bunch of crap, your OLine is made up of experieced OLinmen with only 1 sophomore and the rest are juniors and a 6 year senior...so cut the BS out already, it's getting old.

#24412 Oct 23, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>No big talk?....no big pre talk about this weeks game with the Ducks!!,BFL?...ahahahahaahhaha aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
No Pep Talk here IET, we're gonna get QUACKED!!! but we'll give it our best shot.

#24413 Oct 23, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think even BFL knows how this one's going to turn out. Good chance we'll both be 2-2 after Saturday.
maybe, if you can get past Utah, but if their QB Wilson plays, it may be difficult for you, so we may be 2-2 but you're may be 1-3 we'll see, which is why the games are played.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murderer out and about (Dec '16) 1 hr Heartbroken 103011 10
the oldest and largest gang in whittier- wvls (Dec '07) 1 hr Pyppet 65
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 4 hr lmsa 9,495
Gay Jay Leno Darpa Cloaked Robbed Wal Mart Edna... 17 hr Duce 1
News Mailman makes his last delivery after 30 years ... Wed Anonymous 2
Ohana Means Pizza Wed Jaxx Bakk 4
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Jul 23 Lynn 4,551

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages