UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 32332 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Trojan

La Habra, CA

#22164 Sep 12, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW PC was right Sanchez should have stayed his another year.
Geno may be the NYJ's long term guy. But he showed again tonight that he is not ready yet.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#22165 Sep 12, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Geno may be the NYJ's long term guy. But he showed again tonight that he is not ready yet.
no doubt, But MS is gone.
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#22166 Sep 12, 2013
LA County Sheriff arrested tonight for raping a teen. No shocker to those of us with a brain.

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#22167 Sep 13, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Okay now you are back to acting like a (B)ruin A-hole. Sort of like Rob in Vegas when he has a beer in his hand and his team is losing... HaHa
4th time asking you this question, will you finally answer it?
Q. Do you still think will USC win 10 games as you predicted?
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#22169 Sep 13, 2013
I predict , Ucla gets cornholed , in Lincoln!

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#22170 Sep 13, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure on the investigation thing, but these are his years of eligibility:
2009 redshirt
2010 freshman
2011 sophomore
2012 junior
2013 senior
He is one of the few who are good enough to make a go at the NFL but stayed and is a “seasoned” college veteran!
Yeah, it was kind of a shady deal. About 1 year before he was offered, his dad secured a licensing deal with Nebraska (and Iowa, Iowa State, and some other college) whereby he could sell officially licensed gear. You think Nebraska didn't feel obligated to agree to the deal in order to get the kid?

“Long Season Ahead”

Since: Nov 08

Lakewood, CA

#22171 Sep 13, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking for a great game, UCLA 38 Nebraska 24
Might be closer. But I honk the Bruins got this one.

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#22172 Sep 13, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
He was the only one who would take the job. Everyone else was not willing to deal with an unknown hand.
If you'll recall, everyone knew sanctions were about to be handed down, but nobody knew how harshly they were going to come down on us. He stepped up, not knowing what he would be handed. For that and that alone, I admired him.
Yes, he immediately started saying the stupidest things. But I attributed that to his inexperience.(Heck, Rob is probably at least 10 years his senior and posts the most retarded things!! I hope he'll get smarter in the years to come.)
Lane might have stood a chance, if he had been secure & confident enough to hire a decent O-coordinator and D-coordinator. But he wasn't. I still respect him for being able to take on an unknown handicap and will wish him nothing but the best when he moves on.
I sure as heck will never hold against him anything that happened with that schmuck Al Davis!
UT?! I won't comment on anything having to do with the SEC.:-)
Can you show us that post?

CRY ON TROJANS!

CRY ON!

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#22173 Sep 13, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
How fans conduct themselves on the road is not the best gauge of how classy they are. They realize they are on enemy turf.
I've been to South Bend 4 times for the big game and every time, nothing but class & hospitality. Cornhuskers MAY be great fans and worthy of your kind words. I'm just saying how they conducted themselves at the Rose Bowl doesn't mean too much.
Good luck this weekend! S/B a good game. I'll be at the Coliseum, so I won't be able to watch.
Wow! Changing tune.LOL

CRY ON TROJANS!

CRY ON!

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#22174 Sep 13, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>4th time asking you this question, will you finally answer it?
He's broadcast only. Why bother asking.
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#22176 Sep 13, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Changing tune.LOL
CRY ON TROJANS!
CRY ON!
I haven't changed anything.

The only one crying is you! You always do!!

“Long Season Ahead”

Lakewood, CA

#22177 Sep 13, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't changed anything.
The only one crying is you! You always do!!
CRY ON TROJANS!

CRY ON!

If BC wins will you go away?
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#22178 Sep 13, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
CRY ON TROJANS!
CRY ON!
If BC wins will you go away?
As I've stated, only one crying is you. Keep it up. I love it!!

“TROJANS HAVE RESTORED ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#22179 Sep 13, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW PC was right Sanchez should have stayed his another year.
Even though Mark is a friend, I agreed from day one with PC on this. In the NFL it is truly difficult to be thrust into starting roles from day one with QBs. Not to say it cant be done (look at Andrew Luck & RG3), but too many of the young guys try to be the team do-it-all leader from the get go and injuries usually come into play because they try to over extend instead of learning from the sidelines for a few years on how to let the game come to them

#22180 Sep 13, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
I predict , Ucla gets cornholed , in Lincoln!
Hey IET, I hope you're not thinking of paying for the Canelo Mayweather fight tomorrow. I know of a way you can watch the fight for free...it's called "livestream" would you like to know you can watch if for free? Let me know buddy. okay? ;)

San Marino, CA

#22181 Sep 13, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>4th time asking you this question, will you finally answer it?
As Trojan reminded us about our hands being tied during the sanction process, CLK has had to make do with very skilled players but lack of depth. With that said, I admit I am disappointed with the lack of QB production following MB7 departing. CLK now needs (and has just recently done so) make the decision to go with one guy (Kessler) and let his confidence grow. Look at the title of this forum as a reminder to your QB woes prior to Hundley. I still feel the Trojans will rebound and make a game of it in conference play but realistically (offensive adjusting defense looks good) an 8 win season is more probable and in line to about how many games the (B)ruins will win.

USC - WE FIGHT ON AND WIN

San Marino, CA

#22182 Sep 13, 2013
Just Me Wolfie wrote:
<quoted text>
He's broadcast only. Why bother asking.
Speaking of broadcast only, you and the hubby sit with Obama at any games recently or have I not given you enough time to conjuror that up yet... HaHa

HAG ON!

#22183 Sep 13, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of broadcast only, you and the hubby sit with Obama at any games recently or have I not given you enough time to conjuror that up yet... HaHa
HAG ON!
you think usc USC will still go 11-2?

San Marino, CA

#22184 Sep 13, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>you think usc USC will still go 11-2?
Please Robbie

@Nebraska
@Utah
@Stanford
@Oregon
@Arizona
@USC

I am actually being kind and giving your (B)ruins the possibility of 2 wins out of that road schedule. That gives you an 8-4 record assuming you can also handle ASU and Washington at the Rose Bowl (which I think 1-1 is more like it). If you dont think I am right, then I sure hope for your sake that you will consider what you lose in Vegas over your UCLA bets as “extra money”
Trojan

La Habra, CA

#22186 Sep 13, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Even though Mark is a friend, I agreed from day one with PC on this. In the NFL it is truly difficult to be thrust into starting roles from day one with QBs. Not to say it cant be done (look at Andrew Luck & RG3), but too many of the young guys try to be the team do-it-all leader from the get go and injuries usually come into play because they try to over extend instead of learning from the sidelines for a few years on how to let the game come to them
Should be an interesting game tomorrow. Cody stated earlier this week, it's been tough to worry about winning the game, when he was more concerned with trying to win the job.

Now that he's been handed the keys, we'll see how he does. If things don't turn around by game 5 or 6, CLK needs to give the freshman a shot. Let him take some hits and maybe throw a few picks in a season that is going to be mediocre, at best,(by USC standards).

Fight On!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) 12 hr Sharrp Shooter 2,764
News Friends of former La Puente Councilwoman Lola S... (Jan '10) Sat Wymandaniel45 7
LOOKING for Green Chiles and who remembers (Sep '06) Sat Don Brunty 63
Gay Brea Sat Gayguy_320 2
News Gang member held in shooting of 9-year-old (Oct '09) Aug 21 P up hoes down 48
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Jul 29 Hanson Bologna 4,511
Married with lesbian desires Mar '16 BrenRey 1

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages