Disney's MyMagic+ system falls behind schedule

Nov 16, 2013 Full story: The Orlando Sentinel

Walt Disney World 's billion-dollar plan to outfit theme-park visitors with wireless rubber bracelets and get them planning more of their trips in advance has fallen behind schedule.

Full Story
Jim

Buffalo, NY

#1 Nov 18, 2013
For a billion dollars, Disney is trying to convince people to predict their vacation preferences weeks, if not months, in advance.
Expanding parks and creating interesting and fun attractions are the types of things that will alleviate crowding issues and will also turn a quick profit. Walt knew this from the start. The work done at California Adventure confirms the hypothesis. Technologies come and go. I suspect that most people want at least a semblance of spontaneity in their vacations.
A billion dollars plus for a technology that will quickly need updating, has no real proof of profit, and detracts from a vacationer's spontaneity, is indicative of a shortsighted management.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
La Mirada City Council election 8 hr The Incumbents 4
A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Dec 3 Los Angeles 4,494
Smoke 420 Nov 29 anonymous 1
Why the helicopters? Nov '14 1138d3nx 2
Local CHP offices stop using Rowland Heights to... (Sep '11) Oct '14 rjrroks 29
57/60 freeway project gets $10 million grant; c... Oct '14 ObamaLandGrabsInSGV 1
Arrest made in fatal Koreatown karaoke bar shoo... (Jun '09) Aug '14 rufus doofis 23

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rowland Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:29 am PST