Woman beaten, shot by estranged husband in West Covina gym

Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

A Hacienda Heights man forced his estranged wife into a vehicle after he beat her with a handgun and shot her in the leg at a gym Tuesday night, authorities said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lorretta lynn

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

thats what i call sticking to your man!
I go to this GYM

Alhambra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

What an idiot woman, beaten and then shot by her husband and she still refuses to help the police find this crazy bastard! He's going to end up killing her or someone else.
Worst of all is that my husband and I go this gym! What an idiot woman...come to think of it, some of the people that go to this gym are ghetto or don't speak of word of English.
father of two

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

She will end up dead and she know's it. Parents let their daughters grow up loving gangsters and let their sons grow up to be them. Bunch of ignorant losers. All of them need to be swept into the ovens.
father of two

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

yeah, yeah spell checkers...........knows it, not know's it
usa2010

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

she a afraid of him
usa2010

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

she needs help
Blah

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Sigh! she will end up dead one day. just like the people I knew. Stand up for yourself report him.
aaa

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

book her
helpher

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

It's very easy to criticize someone who won't do the the logical thing and press charges but I know that this woman is just completely terrified because she knows exactly what her ex-husband is capable of.
Tell me this, if she presses charges, will the police be able to guarantee her that he will never come back after her again? NOPE, the guy will probably serve a max of 1 to 2 years for beating her up along with the gun charges and trust me, he will come back after her with full force and wrath. I've seen it happen a hundred times on the evening news. So she definitely has a dilemma on her hands and hope she pulls out of this alive, but let's not all pretend that we know better than her.
NO NAME

Carson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

he got a down chick on his team (bonnie n clyde thing)
TooSmoggy

Porterville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Women need to be smart when leaving these abusers.Guys like this are usually wife beaters.Women need to get as far away from these guys as possible.If it's not possible then they sould buy a gun,obtain shooting lessons and apply for a conceled wepons permit.These abusive men when confronted are cowards.
spoon

Sherman Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Next time she gets shot, she won't be able to say who murdered her.
Name Withheld

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Not all men who beat their partners are "gang bangers", and not all women who are victims of domestic violence are "stupid". Believe it or not, it can be happening to one of your family members, neighbors, co-workers, your doctors or even your own children and you may not be aware of it. There are many reasons why a woman might not report the abuse or stand up against the men who beat them - not only are they scared and traumatized, but some may be so use to it that it is a part of their lives. They watch what they say, what they do so they won't get a beating - and when they do, they put the blame on THEMSELVES, because they are already brainwashed to feel that way. They feel they have no self-worth. So how can those who are not in this woman's situation name call the victim when they are not in her shoes? THIS CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE. Please have some consideration when speaking out on this sensitive topic.
NOT NORMAL

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Name Withheld wrote:
Not all men who beat their partners are "gang bangers", and not all women who are victims of domestic violence are "stupid". Believe it or not, it can be happening to one of your family members, neighbors, co-workers, your doctors or even your own children and you may not be aware of it. There are many reasons why a woman might not report the abuse or stand up against the men who beat them - not only are they scared and traumatized, but some may be so use to it that it is a part of their lives. They watch what they say, what they do so they won't get a beating - and when they do, they put the blame on THEMSELVES, because they are already brainwashed to feel that way. They feel they have no self-worth. So how can those who are not in this woman's situation name call the victim when they are not in her shoes? THIS CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE. Please have some consideration when speaking out on this sensitive topic.
You make this sound likes it's an everyday thing, that it can happen to anyone.
Any man who pistol whips his wife in a Bally's gym, shoots her then drags her to some clinic in LA is not a normal person, neither is she.
They BOTH need serious help, no THIS CANNOT HAPPEN TO JUST ANYONE.
IDKOO

Thermal, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

father of two wrote:
She will end up dead and she know's it. Parents let their daughters grow up loving gangsters and let their sons grow up to be them. Bunch of ignorant losers. All of them need to be swept into the ovens.
Who said anything about the dude being a GANGSTER??? Not only gangsters carry guns! Whats worse loving a gangster or loving an Naive person????
Dez

Sylmar, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

It is so easy for people on the outside looking in to "JUDGE". Why does the woman always have to be the victim in a situation like this? We only know the facts that the media puts out there, and half the time it is just LIES. If the shoe was on the other foot, the woman would be a HERO for standing up for herself. So us who are not in this woman shoes should just just mind their business and keep their comments to their selves.
Dez

Sylmar, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

NOT NORMAL wrote:
<quoted text>
You make this sound likes it's an everyday thing, that it can happen to anyone.
Any man who pistol whips his wife in a Bally's gym, shoots her then drags her to some clinic in LA is not a normal person, neither is she.
They BOTH need serious help, no THIS CANNOT HAPPEN TO JUST ANYONE.
Stuff like this does happen every day, but when you have money you can hide and keep out of the media easy.
Concerned

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

What concerns me is there was no mention of staff helping her. The aerobic room is scheduled to have a class at that time, so there must have been people to help.

ALSO, since Bally's is a sore subject with a lot of people, somebody at the club said they tried calling the aerobic supervisor 10 TIMES that night on her company-owned phone, and she never answered once that night. She only called back the next day.
Typical. One more reason to distrust gyms.
rude dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

they should shoot this dog in the leg ........
bendover

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

He was probably just trying out a new workout lesson.

a couple of whacks and curl of a finger

they should do some warm up stretch next time but she can just walk it off. that will make it go away

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE