Azusa Rock Quarry mining proposal get...

Azusa Rock Quarry mining proposal gets council's approval

There are 271 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Jul 7, 2010, titled Azusa Rock Quarry mining proposal gets council's approval. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

In a decision they said would define their careers, Azusa City Council members on Wednesday voted 4-1 to approve the Azusa Rock Quarry mining proposal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Azusa, CA

#264 Aug 1, 2010
AtoZ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Quit acting as if you are so naive! It's quite obvious who is behind the referendum! The names might have changed around to AAME but it's still the same people from Save Our Canyon behind it with the financial support mainly from Duarte.
Check your own AAME website that has links to Save Our Canyon....and then check the Save Our Canyon website which has the first link on their main page for the referendum.
AAME website also does not talk about Fish Ridge like the Save Our Canyon website - not even once. The fact that they do not acknowledge the merits of at least saving the Fish ridge in the new plan is one thing, but both of the websites ignore to even mention the Fish ridge by its name anywhere like it doesn't even exist.
Later on during the debate there has been talk about saving both ridges...but from the very beginning supporters and members of SOC like yourself have been very vocal in their support of keeping the mining on the east.
So, when you point out our sign on our headquarters should be taken down because the words "Stop Mining" are in the phrase "Stop Mining Expansion", because you feel it's misleading. You are purporting word play like that is not naive.

But when I play your game, it is?

If you can't take it, common sense dictates, don't dish it out.

The General Plan also has the words "No new mining". When that was pointed out to you you had an annurism so large it caused your ears to bleed.
AtoZ

La Puente, CA

#265 Aug 1, 2010
JeriV wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the most amazing grasp on circle logic, I'm impressed.
"I did what I did, because of what I think you would do in my position."
"Duarte would do it to us, we might as well do it to them", I do believe I am quoting you on that one.
Maybe, just maybe, EVERYONE does not think as egocentrically as you, thank goodness. But, I doubt you will ever understand that concept.
Now you are starting to quote me in your own words...I think you are one twisted person...and people like yourself have lost all sense of what was in front of the Azusa City council before they reached a decision...

You fail to understand that Vulcan is a business that can not be routed out that easily... It will be legal/financial suicide for Azusa if they tried to go that route. Now if Vulcan is going to stay here and have the right to mine till 2038...do you not think that Azusa would first and foremost look to the interest of the residents in their jurisdiction.

Now you call me egocentrical for thinking that way...Well in the same context I find you spiteful towards your North Azusa neighbors because of your support for the other side! Because of your maligned efforts if the proposal fails, the mining will continue east towards them and you very well know that...

Azusa, CA

#266 Aug 1, 2010
To base your opinion on the hypothesis:

Duarte would do the same to us if they were in our shoes. Let them suffer and keep it out of our neighborhoods.

Is, to say the least, egocentrical and rather paranoid.

I am of the opinion that there is a better option that can save both neighborhoods and both ridges.

If you feel I am spiteful for having that opinion, well, I'm not surprised.

Having had the grand pleasure of speaking with you in person and having experienced others like you, I can understand how you would to confuse any difference of opinion from your own as spiteful, misinformed, and "twisted".

Azusa, CA

#267 Aug 1, 2010
*tend to confuse
AtoZ

La Puente, CA

#268 Aug 1, 2010
JeriV wrote:
To base your opinion on the hypothesis:
Duarte would do the same to us if they were in our shoes. Let them suffer and keep it out of our neighborhoods.
Is, to say the least, egocentrical and rather paranoid.
I am of the opinion that there is a better option that can save both neighborhoods and both ridges.
If you feel I am spiteful for having that opinion, well, I'm not surprised.
Having had the grand pleasure of speaking with you in person and having experienced others like you, I can understand how you would to confuse any difference of opinion from your own as spiteful, misinformed, and "twisted".
Prove that you are not spiteful and twisted...

You have gone on record and said you would like to keep the mining on East. Do you deny that?

...or are you claiming that you have changed your view point and are singing a different tune now to save both Van Tassel and Fish ridge...??????
Done Deal

El Monte, CA

#269 Aug 1, 2010
AtoZ You will soon discover that more and more citizens from both Azusa and Duarte will be changing their perspective about saving both ridges

I have always thought that saving one ridge will still look terrible, cause Health problems and effect both communities.

As far as I am concerned You have already destroyed the East slope for ever. Because you can not revegitate back to its original condition. Now you want to do the same to the West. Then according to the loop holes and the misleading language in your agreement you will be mining the entire 270 areas. That means that you will eventually return to the East Slope and finish what you have already started.

Truth be known Vulcan initiated this so called swap at an time of economical uncertainty for the City of Azusa. What better time to push your cash lined agenda on to the city.

I think you better get used to Citizens changing their view point and singing a different tune to save both Van Tassel and Fish ridge. Before this is a DONE DEAL, Azusa and Duarte citizens will band together and recognize Vulcan must be stopped from destroying either ridge. Vulcan will not have the pleasure of sitting back and watch the fire works while these two Communities fight to save their ridges.

Duarte will fight to save their ridge and Azusa will fight to save their ridge.

But if they ban together they can save both ridges.

Vulcan hasn’t been paying their taxes You don’t care about the Community. The way I see it if Azusa city officials would grow a set of balls and demand that step up to your responsibilities pay your fair share taxes. Including your back taxes. Azusa would not be a Hoare to your expansion money. Both Ridges will be sparred and our children might out live us.
innocent

Zimbabwe

#270 Aug 28, 2013
i have the best antimony mining project that is lacking proper funding..
NO was right

Azusa, CA

#271 Feb 12, 2015
Hey A to Z,
you are now a proven liar.
AtoZ

Baldwin Park, CA

#272 Mar 7, 2015
NO was right wrote:
Hey A to Z,
you are now a proven liar.
Don't hold back on the details! Share your pain with everybody!
Save the BS

Azusa, CA

#273 Mar 8, 2015
AtoZ, now not only hides behind anonymity but still prevaricates after being exposed in front of the whole San Gabriel Valley.
AtoZ

Baldwin Park, CA

#274 Mar 9, 2015
Save the BS wrote:
AtoZ, now not only hides behind anonymity but still prevaricates after being exposed in front of the whole San Gabriel Valley.
Now that you got that off your chest, let's focus on why you had an itch all of sudden after 4 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This just in 50 min Sundance Kid 1
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) 2 hr Unknown 4,840
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 2 hr lmsa parent 7,319
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Chosen Traveler 32,719
News 2012-12-16 12:00 AM. Theft on 21XX W DOGWOOD AV... (Dec '12) 4 hr Fsp 106
News Man stabbed by gang members (Feb '09) 5 hr tellinitlikeitis 183
News Planned power outages today in La Puente and In... (May '10) 20 hr Charles 10

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages