Please, help about Gerald Lind

Please, help about Gerald Lind

Posted in the Rowland Heights Forum

izquierdo

Puerto Montt, Chile

#1 Jun 11, 2006
Does someone know what appened to Gerald Lind, from WEst Covina. I'm a friend of him from Chile, and he has not answered any of my last letters. Thanks
Betty McNamara

Oakland, CA

#2 Jun 29, 2012
izquierdo wrote:
Does someone know what appened to Gerald Lind, from WEst Covina. I'm a friend of him from Chile, and he has not answered any of my last letters. Thanks
I realize you asked about Jerry a long time ago. I knew Jerry from when he lived in Palo Alto, California and lost track of him too. Did you ever locate him?
Betty...[email protected]
Marlene

Middleton, ID

#3 Feb 24, 2013
izquierdo wrote:

Hola! I 'googled' Gerald Lind from West Covina and read you were concerned about him. Gerald 'Jerry' was my oldest brother who died March 19, 2011 at the Kaiser Permanente Hospital in Baldwin Park a few miles from West Covina where his home was. Jerry had been ill for about a year. He went into the Hospital Feb. 12, 2011 I learned he was there and flew from Idaho where I live to be at his side the last week of his life. He couldn't talk at that time but was greatly comforted by his favorite music which my oldest daughter had copied off her p.c. that he'd sent her as they were great friends the last 6 months of his life and had a reunion. He grew very calm when I played 'Mary walked in the forest, The German Boy's Choir and a Russian Chant' The doctor was amazed plus a childhood song we'd loved so long ago ...part of the singing was "And when your heart is full of love your 9 feet tall...Tumbelina, Tumbelina etc. I sang the Lord's prayer...Our Father which art in Heaven to him and stroked his forhead...the last day he was very peaceful and there was no doubt my brother went to Heaven. Sincerely Marlene Vaya con Dios
Marlene

Middleton, ID

#4 Feb 24, 2013
Betty McNamara wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize you asked about Jerry a long time ago. I knew Jerry from when he lived in Palo Alto, California and lost track of him too. Did you ever locate him?
Betty...[email protected]
Betty.....I am Gerald Lind's sister Marlene, I live in Idaho. He was ill the last year of his life. He lived in West Covina, died March 19th 2011 at the Kaiser Permanente Hospital a few miles away in Baldwin Park. I flew to be at his side the last week. Jerry was two and a half years older then myself I will be 77 the end of next month. I learned of his being in the Hospital through his handy man. My oldest daughter and Jerry were re-united six months before his death and weekly e-mailed each other. He sent her his favorite songs that way and she copied them to a tape for my casette player and I played them for him as I sat by his side. Mary walked through the forest, the German Boy's Choir, a Russian Chant all Christian music...I sang him the Lord's Prayer....he died peacefully. The last song was one of our favorite's from childhood Tumbelina....the last few words were "And when your heart is full of love your 9 feet tall" I miss him terribly...God Bless you Betty

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 min Chosen Traveler 33,428
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 10 min Davis 9,126
Police officer D N A data bank (Oct '12) 5 hr White Pachuco 17
Little Girl Waves Thong at Mexican Rally 10 hr Yer Mom 2
News High-rise towers, pedestrian bridge planned for... Mon David 1
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) Mon Homothug 2,809
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Mon Pasquali 4,850

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages