Benton Middle School's new principal - NOT IMPRESSED!!

Posted in the Rowland Heights Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of115
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Need To Know

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 24, 2010
 
LM Res,You seem to be on this site all of the time and are very interested in what is happening at the schools in La Mirada so I would suggest if you have a child going to Benton you should go straight to the source...make an appt. with Green and ask her the questions you are asking on this site.
Don't bother with this site. I interviewed every principal before my children attended a school. I know for sure that some of the terrible teachers are still there.
LM Res

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 25, 2010
 
Need To Know wrote:
LM Res,You seem to be on this site all of the time and are very interested in what is happening at the schools in La Mirada so I would suggest if you have a child going to Benton you should go straight to the source...make an appt. with Green and ask her the questions you are asking on this site.
Don't bother with this site. I interviewed every principal before my children attended a school. I know for sure that some of the terrible teachers are still there.
I've only been on this site twice but I did meet with Michelle Green and no, I wasn't impressed. But she really didn't have time to answer any questions, so you are right, I probably should make an appointment and see if I can get some answers from her, but you don't always get the truth out of people and I was just wondering if anyone knew what school she came from and why she left. That is basically it. There are other people in my family that might be on the site as well, just wanted to see if anyone, anywhere knew a little bit more about her and where she came from and why. You don't always get the truth from the source. She was pretty rude and not sure that I will get the truth and that is why I came here. It seems that you check in on topix from time to time obviously, but I won't hold it against you. LOL Have a nice day.
Real Patriot

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 25, 2010
 
LM Res wrote:
<quoted text>
I've only been on this site twice but I did meet with Michelle Green and no, I wasn't impressed. But she really didn't have time to answer any questions, so you are right, I probably should make an appointment and see if I can get some answers from her, but you don't always get the truth out of people and I was just wondering if anyone knew what school she came from and why she left. That is basically it. There are other people in my family that might be on the site as well, just wanted to see if anyone, anywhere knew a little bit more about her and where she came from and why. You don't always get the truth from the source. She was pretty rude and not sure that I will get the truth and that is why I came here. It seems that you check in on topix from time to time obviously, but I won't hold it against you. LOL Have a nice day.
I think you're just concerned about some gossip.
LM Res

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 25, 2010
 
Real Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're just concerned about some gossip.
No, not really, just facts will do, where she came from and why she left, just want to make sure she is here on good terms, she doesn't seem like she really cared too much about helping us out while we were there, and other people were willing to help, but she told them not to. So we left with a bad taste in our mouths. Don't need to know much more than where she came from and why she left and if it was on good terms. I hope it was on good terms and that she will help the kids with her choices, I hope it was just a bad day to be talking to her. She just didn't really seem to care all that much.
mos def

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 25, 2010
 
Michelle Green was the principal of La Pluma for the last six or seven years. She is an outstanding principal with a genuine concern for her students. She can come off as harsh at times, but it's usually because she has a million things on her plate. Ms. Green greatly improved the test scores at La Pluma, started a performing arts program, and was generally liked by everyone. She was transferred to Benton to start their Visual and Performing Arts academy.

Hope this alleviates your fears, but I have to ask why exactly are you not impressed her looks and what does that have to do with her skills as a principal?
Healthier

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 25, 2010
 
mos def wrote:
Michelle Green was the principal of La Pluma for the last six or seven years. She is an outstanding principal with a genuine concern for her students. She can come off as harsh at times, but it's usually because she has a million things on her plate. Ms. Green greatly improved the test scores at La Pluma, started a performing arts program, and was generally liked by everyone. She was transferred to Benton to start their Visual and Performing Arts academy.
Hope this alleviates your fears, but I have to ask why exactly are you not impressed her looks and what does that have to do with her skills as a principal?
I am glad to hear something different than just gossip, she sounds like a get things done person... I am more concerned with the over weight issues at this age group/ And the lack of Soccer & Track program that will greatly benefit these students both physical and academically; instead of, painting....
LM Mom

Poway, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 25, 2010
 
My daughter is not going to Benton, but I have two friends who are sending their daughters there and have been very impressed with the principal. It is one of the reasons they have been so excited about attending there. It sounds like perhaps you expected something unrealistic and are now looking for a reason to gossip and ruin her good name. This is middle school - give your child the chance to succeed and like the principal and the school without getting in the way. She's a great principal with a proven, effective track record.
real patriot

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 26, 2010
 
In order for a school/faculty to be effective, parents and students must be actively involved with all aspects of the school and community. Weight issues start at home, how far did you run this morning or for how long did you keep your heart rate up at Training heart rate?

Oh! I forgot to mention, I am a physical education teacher.

Lightfighter

no one

Arcadia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 26, 2010
 
If anyone expected one on one time with Mrs. Green yesterday, it wasn't going to happen. The volunteers and Mrs. Green were at the school until 2:30 a.m. getting things ready for us parents to get our information. Plus there were 100's of people there. I would suggest making a personal appointment and directing your issues straight to her. I've only heard extremely positive comments regarding Mrs. Green and we are looking forward to an amazing school year with the entire family being involved.
Healthier

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 26, 2010
 
real patriot wrote:
In order for a school/faculty to be effective, parents and students must be actively involved with all aspects of the school and community. Weight issues start at home, how far did you run this morning or for how long did you keep your heart rate up at Training heart rate?
Oh! I forgot to mention, I am a physical education teacher.
Lightfighter
some good ideas, but answer this: why is it that the higher calorie food is served at the schools?$$, so again a 9.99 ball or regular school running shoes goes along way and is alot less that any idea that other activities will have.
LM Res

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 26, 2010
 
mos def wrote:
Michelle Green was the principal of La Pluma for the last six or seven years. She is an outstanding principal with a genuine concern for her students. She can come off as harsh at times, but it's usually because she has a million things on her plate. Ms. Green greatly improved the test scores at La Pluma, started a performing arts program, and was generally liked by everyone. She was transferred to Benton to start their Visual and Performing Arts academy.
Hope this alleviates your fears, but I have to ask why exactly are you not impressed her looks and what does that have to do with her skills as a principal?
Yes, I appreciate you filling me in and I feel a lot better about things, I might have just got a bad first impression, I know she is busy, and just really dressed down because she was getting ready for the big day for the parents and students. But along with her attitude I just didn't get a good feeling. I didn't know she was the principal at La Pluma, but I had heard good things about the principal there so now I know who she is, and I am looking forward to seeing how this year works out for eveyone. No gossip needed just wanted a few facts and if anyone knew anything about her bad or good. So thanks again.
Please---

Lynwood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 26, 2010
 
Healthier wrote:
<quoted text>
some good ideas, but answer this: why is it that the higher calorie food is served at the schools?$$, so again a 9.99 ball or regular school running shoes goes along way and is alot less that any idea that other activities will have.
What? Your post makes no sense.
no one

Arcadia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 26, 2010
 
Healthier wrote:
<quoted text>
some good ideas, but answer this: why is it that the higher calorie food is served at the schools?$$, so again a 9.99 ball or regular school running shoes goes along way and is alot less that any idea that other activities will have.
I'd rather the school focus on academics rather than physical education. It's our responsibility to not use the TV and and Wii games as babysitters and get our kids active outside of school and at home.
Healthier

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 26, 2010
 
no one wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather the school focus on academics rather than physical education. It's our responsibility to not use the TV and and Wii games as babysitters and get our kids active outside of school and at home.
I guess the sign of the times, must allow for 1 person to be at the house, but last i checked it usually takes 2 incomes to live in so. cal. Academics would be a breathe of fresh air since tax payers spend 5x if not more to keep them locked up... what a waste
mos def

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 26, 2010
 
LM Res wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I appreciate you filling me in and I feel a lot better about things, I might have just got a bad first impression, I know she is busy, and just really dressed down because she was getting ready for the big day for the parents and students. But along with her attitude I just didn't get a good feeling. I didn't know she was the principal at La Pluma, but I had heard good things about the principal there so now I know who she is, and I am looking forward to seeing how this year works out for eveyone. No gossip needed just wanted a few facts and if anyone knew anything about her bad or good. So thanks again.
So you come on here start a post labeled "Benton Principal NOT IMPRESSED", complain about the way the woman looks (which you still have not answered what exactly bothered you, but I have a suspicion) and when you find you are totally wrong say "I just wanted a few facts." Your post represents the irresponsibility of most posters on this forum. You meet a person one time and you feel it necessary to come on a public forum and berate her without even doing any research under the disguise of a fake name. You should be ashamed. BTW, I'm not impressed with you either.
mos def

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 26, 2010
 
Healthier wrote:
<quoted text>
some good ideas, but answer this: why is it that the higher calorie food is served at the schools?$$, so again a 9.99 ball or regular school running shoes goes along way and is alot less that any idea that other activities will have.
If you don't like the school lunches, then pack a healthy lunch for your kids.
LM Res

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 27, 2010
 
mos def wrote:
<quoted text>
So you come on here start a post labeled "Benton Principal NOT IMPRESSED", complain about the way the woman looks (which you still have not answered what exactly bothered you, but I have a suspicion) and when you find you are totally wrong say "I just wanted a few facts." Your post represents the irresponsibility of most posters on this forum. You meet a person one time and you feel it necessary to come on a public forum and berate her without even doing any research under the disguise of a fake name. You should be ashamed. BTW, I'm not impressed with you either.
If you read my first post you will notice at the beginning, I asked if anyone had anything positive to share about her. I wanted to know the good things more than the bad things, because I know people aren't perfect. I was just saying that my first impresstion was that I wasn't impressed, that is not gossip, it was my opinion, her attitude that day stunk and I wanted to know a little
more about her and where she came from and why. You gave me the facts that I wanted, that she came from La Pluma and that she was well liked there and that was basically all I wanted to know. what is the big deal, I think people who are going on this forum are apparently very touchy about stuff and need to relax. I noticed you use your real name as well. Mos Def. Anyway, thanks again for answering my ?'s Take a chill and maybe if this site erks your nerves so much you shouldn't go on anymore. Have a great day!! BTW, I'm still not impressed with her, but things remain to be seen and I will keep an open mind about it. Thanks again!! LOL RELAX!!
lm res 2

Cypress, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 27, 2010
 
LM Mom wrote:
My daughter is not going to Benton, but I have two friends who are sending their daughters there and have been very impressed with the principal. It is one of the reasons they have been so excited about attending there. It sounds like perhaps you expected something unrealistic and are now looking for a reason to gossip and ruin her good name. This is middle school - give your child the chance to succeed and like the principal and the school without getting in the way. She's a great principal with a proven, effective track record.
This is clearly from the principal herself. This and the other one from "mos def" calling herself outstanding.

There is not a student I know who would be anxious to go to this school because of the principal. The students were afraid of her on the few occasions she actually interacted with them
LM Res

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 27, 2010
 
lm res 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is clearly from the principal herself. This and the other one from "mos def" calling herself outstanding.
There is not a student I know who would be anxious to go to this school because of the principal. The students were afraid of her on the few occasions she actually interacted with them
Good to know, she is a bit tall and a bit scary acting, like I said, wasn't a great first impression, mostly it was her attitude, so I will see how this first year goes here and hopefully she will show her best colors. I'm hoping. There are a few teachers that my other child had that I really did like here, so I hope my younger one does well. Thanks for your input. Still trying to keep an open mind.
lm res 2

Cypress, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 27, 2010
 
Pardon me, "this" principal.

And if your truely after the facts go onto the district website and look at la plumas events calender under the ABOUT US tab. Look thru 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 school years. You'll find that the ACADEMY CLASSES/PERFORMING ART classes are only available for a few hand picked students (by principal naturally). Ton of money dumped into these 30 or so students (including prins son). For the remaining 330, only a handful of perf arts were available. They had more beg knitting classes then any, claases that didn't start till a whole hour after school let out and we had to pay even though the instructors had been paid through school fund.

Just do homework and ask parents who are not afaid to be truthful. Really, the more students who go to benton, the better for my children going to another nlmusd school.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of115
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rowland Heights Discussions

Search the Rowland Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) 37 min Standards 1,220
Maclaren Hall childrens center or juvinile center (Dec '10) 1 hr Candice Montenegro 105
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr BleedOheart 199,071
Baldwin Park Royal Coaches criminal enterprise 4 hr someone 6
Youtube of Mayor Manuel Lozano gets SPANKED! (Feb '13) 9 hr Luna 126
Whittier Varrio Locos Gang (Jun '07) 10 hr clem 1,314
Some Damage After 5.1 Quake 14 hr Amused Observer 2
•••
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••