Parents coaching their own kids in hi...
LMHS ALUMNI

Fremont, CA

#21 Oct 9, 2008
LM NATIVE: You really are an idiot!!
I grew up playing in LM youth sports programs and LMHS sports programs. Watching my parents volunteer on and off the field. They taught me to step up and help out not just sit back and complain about other people! My children have played not only teams that I helped coach but on many teams that I was not on the coaching staff with. I have donated countless hours of volunteering off the field as well! And I hope I have taught my children to get involved in their children's lives on and off the field!
It's too bad you have so much pain in your heart...let it go man!
Fed up with LM Native

Whittier, CA

#22 Oct 9, 2008
LM Native wrote:
yeah, yeah, yeah. Blah, blah, blah. Same ol' LM youth sports politics. Sing us a new tune. By the way, I have never been associated in any way with Bobby Sox. I just support all youth organizations, period. Try it sometime. Donate some time to the youth, but not for your own childs benefit.
<quoted text>
You are so transparent. You do have a kid in the program and your time, if any, was no doubt limited as a coach due to your attitude. And you were never the NJB Coach of the Year. They would never honor someone with your attitude I am sure.
Umbilical Cord

Los Angeles, CA

#23 Oct 9, 2008
Coaching your kid is one of life's biggest conflicts of interest. Some navigate it well and fairly, most don't. It's bad enough on the youth level, where you wouldn't have enough coaches to fill the slots without parent coaches. It gets really ridiculous when a parent coach follows little Johnny into high school. Most of the time there are able, capable and available coaches to fill the slots, but the Weaselly "Mr. Conflict of Interest" Rabbitt already has the position in order to wreak more havoc on fairness and justice.
Cut the umbilical cord!!!
lm idiot

Whittier, CA

#24 Oct 9, 2008
were you a volunteer coach at NJB or a coach of a kid
to Umbilical Cord aka LMN

Whittier, CA

#25 Oct 10, 2008
Umbilical Cord wrote:
Coaching your kid is one of life's biggest conflicts of interest. Some navigate it well and fairly, most don't. It's bad enough on the youth level, where you wouldn't have enough coaches to fill the slots without parent coaches. It gets really ridiculous when a parent coach follows little Johnny into high school. Most of the time there are able, capable and available coaches to fill the slots, but the Weaselly "Mr. Conflict of Interest" Rabbitt already has the position in order to wreak more havoc on fairness and justice.
Cut the umbilical cord!!!
No grudge on your part? Yeah that is obvious. What about an administrator in same school district as their child..how does that rate? And would you happen to be one of those 'able, available coaches' who was not given the opportunity for failure to control your temper?
I bet you also smile and talk sweetly to such weaselly coaches to their face but feel quite the man spouting your negativity behind an annonymous pen name. I hope you never have influence over my children. You said you stopped coaching right?
LM Native

Buena Park, CA

#26 Oct 10, 2008
Umbilical cord is not me, but I agree with him. Please people, stop following little johnny to high school. Let other people coach. Let little johnny succeed without you holding his hand by 'coaching' him. Give it up already, grow-up, we are all embarassed for your type.
to Umbilical Cord aka LMN wrote:
<quoted text>
No grudge on your part? Yeah that is obvious. What about an administrator in same school district as their child..how does that rate? And would you happen to be one of those 'able, available coaches' who was not given the opportunity for failure to control your temper?
I bet you also smile and talk sweetly to such weaselly coaches to their face but feel quite the man spouting your negativity behind an annonymous pen name. I hope you never have influence over my children. You said you stopped coaching right?
LMN is umbilical cord

Whittier, CA

#27 Oct 11, 2008
LM Native wrote:
Umbilical cord is not me, but I agree with him. Please people, stop following little johnny to high school. Let other people coach. Let little johnny succeed without you holding his hand by 'coaching' him. Give it up already, grow-up, we are all embarassed for your type.
<quoted text>
I am embarassed for you. You act like a child who didn't get his way. It happens. Move on and set a good example for your children. Just because they can't play doesn't mean they won't be doctors one day.
LM Native

Buena Park, CA

#28 Oct 11, 2008
Your right,'IT' does happen. To bad we all have to pay for it.
LMN is umbilical cord wrote:
<quoted text>
I am embarassed for you. You act like a child who didn't get his way. It happens. Move on and set a good example for your children. Just because they can't play doesn't mean they won't be doctors one day.
LM Native

Buena Park, CA

#29 Oct 11, 2008
Thanks for the backup, umbilical cord.
Umbilical Cord

Los Angeles, CA

#30 Oct 11, 2008
You're welcome, LM Native. We have touched a nerve in the people who personally attack us, even though they don't even know who we are and assuming we are writing these posts because their kid starts and ours don't. Wrong. I write these posts because parents who coach their kid all of their lives are boring and unethical. They don't want to address the issue of the enormous conflict of interest of coaching their kid in high school. They don't want to address the fact that it IS embarrassing what they are doing and that we see through them and have for years. They don't want to address the fact that their kid may not have been an all-star at Pony or Little League or a starter in high school if they weren't "involved" coaches. In short, they were hoping they were flying under the radar with their shennanigans and are offended that we have actually had the nerve to point out that they have been wearing Bozo noses around La Mirada all these years.

Cut the umbilical cord!!!
LM Native

Buena Park, CA

#31 Oct 14, 2008
The part that tears at my heart every day is parents struggling in trying to explain to their kids that the reason the coaches son/daughter gets to play more is, because they are the coaches son/daughter. It's horrible, but I guess part of life. I just don't understand why the 'adults' that are doing this don't see what they're doing.
Umbilical Cord wrote:
You're welcome, LM Native. We have touched a nerve in the people who personally attack us, even though they don't even know who we are and assuming we are writing these posts because their kid starts and ours don't. Wrong. I write these posts because parents who coach their kid all of their lives are boring and unethical. They don't want to address the issue of the enormous conflict of interest of coaching their kid in high school. They don't want to address the fact that it IS embarrassing what they are doing and that we see through them and have for years. They don't want to address the fact that their kid may not have been an all-star at Pony or Little League or a starter in high school if they weren't "involved" coaches. In short, they were hoping they were flying under the radar with their shennanigans and are offended that we have actually had the nerve to point out that they have been wearing Bozo noses around La Mirada all these years.
Cut the umbilical cord!!!
Umbilical Cord

Whittier, CA

#32 Oct 15, 2008
LM Native wrote:
The part that tears at my heart every day is parents struggling in trying to explain to their kids that the reason the coaches son/daughter gets to play more is, because they are the coaches son/daughter. It's horrible, but I guess part of life. I just don't understand why the 'adults' that are doing this don't see what they're doing.
<quoted text>
LM Native - this is probably not as big of a problem as you and I might think based upon our personal situations. But alas, when little Sally doesn't make the team and little Taylor sits the bench...that is hard for parents like us to understand with all the years of hard work and our dedication to the youth in La Mirada. But maybe it is time that we act like 'adults' and move on. Let us be a positive role model in our childrens' lives. I am game if you are!
LM Native

Whittier, CA

#33 Oct 15, 2008
Umbilical Cord, as always I agree with you 100%. We are so much alike, sometimes I confuse myself and think I really am you. But I guess we really set the record straight on Saturday huh? hahaha
If I were more of a man, I would stop and thank those who do help the children of our community and would stop being spiteful for something I can't have (and truthfully don't deserve). What was I thinking?
Parent

Aurora, CO

#35 Nov 28, 2012
Get over it wrote:
Happens at every school in every sport. You are not going to hire someone outside of the city to work for the pay these coaches make. I am thankful to all of our coaches, to our aides, to our teachers, to our PTA presidents, to the ASB and all those who actually work to support our schools while others sit home and try to stir up negativity in their blogging. It seems that sour grapes make for a good whine.
If your kid is good enough you wouldn't have to coach him. Go get a real job and support the coaches who don't coach their own kids.
Parent

Aurora, CO

#36 Nov 28, 2012
LMHS ALUMNI wrote:
LM NATIVE: You really are an idiot!!
I grew up playing in LM youth sports programs and LMHS sports programs. Watching my parents volunteer on and off the field. They taught me to step up and help out not just sit back and complain about other people! My children have played not only teams that I helped coach but on many teams that I was not on the coaching staff with. I have donated countless hours of volunteering off the field as well! And I hope I have taught my children to get involved in their children's lives on and off the field!
It's too bad you have so much pain in your heart...let it go man!
Totally agree with you when it comes to youth leagues. Coaching your kid in High School causes many problems and is unacceptable. if your kid is good enough he will do fine playing at another school or for another coach.
Livid on LI

Saddle River, NJ

#37 Mar 26, 2013
How about this one: A parent is being allowed to coach his son on our HS team along with 5 other players on the team that are on this same parents travel team. Are you kidding me? If that is NOT A CONFLICT OF INTEREST, I don't know what is. Oh actually, isn't it the same thing if a teacher were to have his/her own child in their class as a student. That wouldn't be allowed, now would it? So how is this coaching thing any different???? So what are frustrated parents to do???
lu lu the coach

Leland, NC

#38 Apr 25, 2013
LM Native wrote:
Probably the biggest problem we have in high school sports today: Parents coaching their own children. It is absolutely unacceptable. It causes way to much distraction and gives some people way to much influence in the sysytem using our tax dollars. LMHS Basketball is a good example, but keep in mind the corruption exists in most high schools, LM is no exception. It should never, ever be allowed. THEIR SHOULD BE NO PARENT COACHES IN HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS, NEVER, EVER. REPEAT, THERE SHOULD BE NO PARENT COACHES IN HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS, PERIOD.
It is just not fair to the child. The child should get to play or not play based on his performance and attitude, not based on the parents and their favoritism towards their child or friends child. It is just bully behavior to ask a middle schooler or high schooler to deal with the politics of a parent coach in any sport. Very unethical practice to allow the parent to coach any school team period.
Googoo

Taylor, MI

#39 Feb 21, 2014
LMHS ALUMNI wrote:
LM NATIVE: OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE NEVER COACHED ANY OF YOUR KID'S SPORTS! I'LL BET THE COACH/PARENT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT HAS BEEN COACHING HERE IN LM FOR MANY YEARS AT THE RECREATION LEVEL AS WELL AS THE HS LEVEL! IF YOU ARE THAT MUCH OF A NATIVE YOU'LL KNOW THAT IT'S OUR LM PARENT/COACHES (yes I reversed that on purpose)THAT CONTRIBUTE THE MOST TIME TO THEIR KID'S ACTIVITIES. THEY DEDICATE THEIR TIME AND KNOWLEDGE TO HELP OTHER LM KIDS AND WE HAVE GREAT YOUTH PROGRAMS TO SHOW FOR IT.
~~~~~~~~~~
A BIG THANKS GOES OUT TO ALL OUR SPORTS PROGRAMS PARENT/COACHES!!!!
We know why these people coach. Low self esteem and they want better for their offspring. All this is at the expense of any other child who is actually more skilled than their kid. What a shame
yesreally

La Mirada, CA

#40 Mar 5, 2014
Parents help coach at lmll to help get their cusp child on the Team.
IE, Ron Allen. Enough said
disgusted

Auburn, WA

#41 Mar 23, 2014
we have experienced parent coaches at every level, both our daughter and our son play basketball, and in EVERY instance including High School, they favored their child and other better players were denied opportunities. Gross.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Planned power outages today in La Puente and In... (May '10) 10 hr Charles 10
Xanies bar, Blues, oc's molly Addyis weed 12 hr backintheday 2
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 12 hr LMSA 7,310
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 hr Trojan 32,718
News 18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) Sat Joe escandon 1,802
News Man stabbed by gang members (Feb '09) Sat Rene Rio 182
News Reputed gang leader from Rowland Heights among ... (Apr '10) Jan 6 SoCalNative 19

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages