Stabbing victim was known gang member

Full story: Pasadena Star-News

Authorities believe a 21-year-old man found dead in the Rio Hondo river earlier this month was a known gang member and may have been living in the wash.
Comments
1 - 20 of 391 Comments Last updated Mar 2, 2013
First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Bob

Thousand Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Judged:

Was he legal or illegal?
flores

La Crescenta, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

good ridance.
KCC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

What a tragic. The fact that he was homeless gives some insight that he had no person to turn to share costs on a living. We live in tough times that a paycheck is not enough to cover today's high rents. To survive the now violent streets, some turn to a gang lifestyle for protection, which in turn can also invite violence. Your damned if you do and damned if you don't. We should not swiftly pass judgment. We too, may be one paycheck away from the streets. May this guy rest in peace.

“FIGHT ON!!!”

Since: Aug 08

Welcome back, Sark!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Bob wrote:
Was he legal or illegal?
Are you legal or illegal?
mr_d_opa

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Good one less dirtbad we have to pay taxes for!!!! I hope his parents are proud.
CCC

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Wow... this is sad.. regardless if he was a gang member or ilegal.. it is a life that has been lost. What ever the reason, he is now dead and hopefully forgiven for all of his sins. See, this is what is wrong now a days with our society.. quick to pass judgment , but we shouldn't because we dont know what will happen to anyone in the future. God bless everyone and pray.. pray.. pray for a better world, not only for us but for the many children out in this sad world.
man bear pig

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Too bad. What's up with these guys?
Pablo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

CCC wrote:
See, this is what is wrong now a days with our society.. quick to pass judgment , but we shouldn't because we dont know what will happen to anyone in the future.
No, you are incorrect. What's wrong with our society nowadays is that we fail to comdemn evil behavior. Look, I'll leave it up to God if this guy should go to hell or not ... but I'm sick of people who tolerate and make excuses for criminal behavior in my community. If these scum remove each other from my community through violence, I feel no great loss at their passing. Naturally, I'm not thrilled about murder of someone who could have redeemed himself (but did not), but I'm delighted that there will be TWO less predators around here when the perp gets caught.
whatado

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Pablo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are incorrect. What's wrong with our society nowadays is that we fail to comdemn evil behavior. Look, I'll leave it up to God if this guy should go to hell or not ... but I'm sick of people who tolerate and make excuses for criminal behavior in my community. If these scum remove each other from my community through violence, I feel no great loss at their passing. Naturally, I'm not thrilled about murder of someone who could have redeemed himself (but did not), but I'm delighted that there will be TWO less predators around here when the perp gets caught.
I've got to agree with you!
banger-hater

Cerritos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

Good! lol I dont think many people are going to care if some scumbag gang member gets stabbed... Great!! I hope more get stabbed lol
TJF

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

El Monte Flores Gang wrote:
First and foremost, I would like to say, rest in peace little hommie. Jaime was a lost young man who lost his life because of the choices he made. But at the same time, how many choices did he have? Every one chooses his own destiny no matter what the circumstances are. People from the most worst,impoverished and forgotten areas of the world become successful and live a good life. But what can you tell a boy who loses his family at an early age, and lives in a gutter such as EL MONTE!!!!
Im not trying to excuse his reason for becoming a gang member or anything to that extent, but what do you tell a boy when he has (literally)no place to call home. Do you say it's his fault because his parents where drug addicts.Do you say it's his fault he couldn't get a job because because of his legal status. What choices do you have when you see your friends making money selling drugs, pimping women on Garvey ave, and living what seems to be a good life. Many of you are fortunate enough to never know how that feels. But for the people who have to live that on a daily bases, the only thing I can say is " I dont judge you". Jaime was living under a bridge at the time of his death and that's really sad, so no matter if he was a gang member he was still a member of the human race.
P.S.
I know alot of you are going to disagree with me because Im a known member of The EL Monte Flores Gang. To you I say F#k you and it's still
EL MONTE FLORES GANG!!!!!!!!
And to you and your gang I say F#K YOU!!!!!!!
Stupid criminals

West Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

So, people who live under bridges do not know the difference between right and wrong? My dad was orphaned at age 12 but somehow managed to avoid becoming a criminal. Sure, some people have fewer choices in life than others, but we all have the ability to choose between right and wrong.
First and foremost, I would like to say, rest in peace little hommie. Jaime was a lost young man who lost his life because of the choices he made. But at the same time, how many choices did he have? Every one chooses his own destiny no matter what the circumstances are. People from the most worst,impoverished and forgotten areas of the world become successful and live a good life. But what can you tell a boy who loses his family at an early age, and lives in a gutter such as EL MONTE!!!!
Im not trying to excuse his reason for becoming a gang member or anything to that extent, but what do you tell a boy when he has (literally)no place to call home. Do you say it's his fault because his parents where drug addicts.Do you say it's his fault he couldn't get a job because because of his legal status. What choices do you have when you see your friends making money selling drugs, pimping women on Garvey ave, and living what seems to be a good life. Many of you are fortunate enough to never know how that feels. But for the people who have to live that on a daily bases, the only thing I can say is " I dont judge you". Jaime was living under a bridge at the time of his death and that's really sad, so no matter if he was a gang member he was still a member of the human race.
P.S.
I know alot of you are going to disagree with me because Im a known member of The EL Monte Flores Gang. To you I say F#k you and it's still
juan pablo

Campbell, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

where were his gang banger buddies to help him while he was living under a bridge?......,nowhere.No honor among gang members,just the end results of the gang life,strung out ,prison, death,being a parasite is not a valid choice. EMF whatever happened to death before dishonor?
St Peter

Sun Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

Pablo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. You don't even know who this guy was. Exactly what criminal behavior are you talking about, he was stabbed. And what gives you the right to pass judgement. "Only Jesus can make that judgment since only He can give Salvation. Nor may we who discern poor behavioral based on His Word think of ourselves as better" ...
Your Mom

Sun Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

TJF wrote:
<quoted text>And to you and your gang I say F#K YOU!!!!!!!
Great, another computer tough guy. You fluffys make me laugh. Rule of thumb, don't post anything you won't say to their face.
Montebello man

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

P.S.
If you are such a good hommie then why wasn't he living with you? You knew he was under that bridge. Where were all his hommies?

Look i grew up in East L.A. my mother died when i was fifteen years old and my dad wasn't around. I stayed out of gangs and got my s h i t together. I own my home and raised two boys that are college bound. Gangs take you down. IT'S ALL ABOUT CHOICE.
Concerned Citizen

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

P.S.
A known gang member?! Dude, look at your style of writing. You don't belong in a gang. There are only two avenue's that a gang will take you to: prison or death. You choose. Get your shit together and live a decent life. Flores gang is as old as the street I walk on. I know, my family knew the parents of the kids that started the gang. We live behind them in the next street in EM. You continue on this path you'll amount to NOTHING!
Your Son

Sun Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

Montebello man wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are such a good hommie then why wasn't he living with you? You knew he was under that bridge. Where were all his hommies?
Look i grew up in East L.A. my mother died when i was fifteen years old and my dad wasn't around. I stayed out of gangs and got my **** together. I own my home and raised two boys that are college bound. Gangs take you down. IT'S ALL ABOUT CHOICE.
"I grew up in East L.A...." wah wah wah. Dude, nobody cares about your life story.
Misenthrope

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

Sad that a person died but you`d think being a member of a gang, the other gang members would have housed him and not let him liver down by a river.
some one special

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

wow this is so sad people putting people down. The only one he has to answer to is the Lord upstairs so everyone should just leave the poor soul alone. Rest in Peace from a Mother of a Monte Flores Member.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr Donny B 7,921
La Jolla's Water Deficiency (Jan '13) 3 hr james marple 13
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 4 hr LMSA future 4,939
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Bruin For Life 27,013
East side bolen gang of baldwin park (Jun '08) 8 hr sky is the limit 532
Donation to La Puente Councilman David Argudo Q... (Mar '10) 10 hr Concerned Citizen 20
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 10 hr blasters 200,565

Search the Rowland Heights Forum:
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE