Local CHP offices stop using Rowland Heights tow service

Sep 3, 2011 Full story: Pasadena Star-News 29

A Rowland Heights-based towing company was recently suspended from the list of tow companies used by two local California Highway Patrol offices.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
An Observer

Azusa, CA

#1 Sep 3, 2011
So Bob's Towing is on suspension from all of their CHP contracts. I wonder if West Covina and the Sheriff's will do the same. I have heard that West Covina Police has been citing Bob's trucks for various equipment violations. I told you they are the company to watch in La Puente. Why would Solis and Argudo back a company with so many problems and turn their backs on a quality company like Haddick's ? Wait...who's hands are in Bob's pockets? Is that Solis and Argudo? Could explain why these two politicians are pushing so hard for a company that the Sheriff's Department says isn't needed.
Really

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2 Sep 4, 2011
I hear Royal Coaches is also going under investigation with all their political payoffs in the cities they operate in. The fact is AAA insurance will not let them be an official towing company for them with all their criminal violations of peoples rights and stealing property from the towed cars. Hey Salazar boys pucker up all those BP council election contributions just went down the toilet again your going to lose your franchise very soon. I guess you haven't heard if Monica wins she has vowed to go Sheriffs. and that means no more franchise for BP Haddicks will be towing and your finished. Well either way your company is done in BP.
HaddicksSux

San Jose, CA

#3 Sep 8, 2011
An Observer wrote:
So Bob's Towing is on suspension from all of their CHP contracts. I wonder if West Covina and the Sheriff's will do the same. I have heard that West Covina Police has been citing Bob's trucks for various equipment violations. I told you they are the company to watch in La Puente. Why would Solis and Argudo back a company with so many problems and turn their backs on a quality company like Haddick's ? Wait...who's hands are in Bob's pockets? Is that Solis and Argudo? Could explain why these two politicians are pushing so hard for a company that the Sheriff's
Department says isn't needed.
Be quiet Haddicks Towing! please stop playing dirty and making up lies on the Internet and to others. You don't know what you are talkingabout. I'm a local tower that knows about bobs, Haddicks, and royal coaches and I can tell you that Bobs is the best in the SGV and face it nobody likes the best. everybody is jealous
WHO?

Baldwin Park, CA

#4 Sep 9, 2011
HaddicksSux wrote:
<quoted text>Be quiet Haddicks Towing! please stop playing dirty and making up lies on the Internet and to others. You don't know what you are talkingabout. I'm a local tower that knows about bobs, Haddicks, and royal coaches and I can tell you that Bobs is the best in the SGV and face it nobody likes the best. everybody is jealous
And... That's why your are suspended from CHP? Yes, that makes sense.
you know who this is

Irvine, CA

#5 Sep 9, 2011
[QUOTE who="WHO?"]<quote d text>
And... That's why your are suspended from CHP? Yes, that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

BOBS won't be suspended for long. once they find out it was B.S., BOBS will go straight back on rotation in no time. you are just making us famous. yea we lost some money, but it's not about the money baby, it's about the hat and the feather. we love towing and love to be competitive. we don't play dirty like you. we just keep doing what we do best: TOWING.long live BOBS
Who?

Escalon, CA

#6 Sep 9, 2011
you know who this is wrote:
[QUOTE who="WHO?"]<quote d text>
And... That's why your are suspended from CHP? Yes, that makes sense. "

BOBS won't be suspended for long. once they find out it was B.S., BOBS will go straight back on rotation in no time. you are just making us famous. yea we lost some money, but it's not about the money baby, it's about the hat and the feather. we love towing and love to be competitive. we don't play dirty like you. we just keep doing what we do best: TOWING.long live BOBS

Oh once they find out BOBS is BS. That's what you meant right? Famous for being crooks and shady. Keep doing what you do best... Stealing from your customers, padding pockets, and doing "business" the way you do... Shitty.
JOE THE TOW GUY

Rosemead, CA

#8 Sep 9, 2011
you know who this is wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea ! Famous is right ! Just read all the stories in the newspaper! Bobs and the La Puente councel men all sleeping together! Not the kind of famous I would want to be ! Today it's the CHP, tomorrow it will be the sheriffs, then AAA. Do your self a all of us a favor and hop on your carpets and fly back to the middle east where you came from !
Car Parker

Covina, CA

#9 Sep 9, 2011
Ok Here is the skinny. A electronic devise, with G P S software was reported missing from an impounded vehicle at Bobs Tow. It was traced right to the home of the owner of Bobs tow and recovered.

My question is why the CHP didn't suspend Royal Coaches when a cell phone went missing from a theft recovery that was impounded by Royal Coaches. The cell phone was purchased from an Royal Coaches yard sale where 50 other cell phones were on sale.

Too funny my face hurts

Walnut, CA

#10 Sep 9, 2011
Looks like the people are saying what they really think!
bobs suks

Duarte, CA

#11 Sep 9, 2011
hey charlie all i wanna know is do u smoke camels lmfao
bobs suks

Baldwin Park, CA

#14 Sep 10, 2011
the reason i ask if you smoke camels is because you guys all walk around with that joe cool attitude thinking your so cool but what year is tiny a 90 were in2011 have a good day

Since: Sep 11

Whittier, CA

#15 Sep 10, 2011
bobs suks wrote:
the reason i ask if you smoke camels is because you guys all walk around with that joe cool attitude thinking your so cool but what year is tiny a 90 were in2011 have a good day
Wait a second ass wipe you have no clue Tiny is a 98 now lets talk about truck age the purple people eater at Haddicks looks all new but lets get real the tow body is from 1977 and what year is it 2011 real tow trucks have booms the only boom Jesses plays with is in his pants
BOOM BOOM BOOM

Rosemead, CA

#16 Sep 10, 2011
LOL ! I bet Jesse's boom in his pants could out-lift Bobs trucks booms any day ! LOL ! Havent see Bobs in West Covina, Did they drop your sorry ass's too ? Boom Boom ! LOL !
The green machine

Walnut, CA

#17 Sep 10, 2011
We know!

Since: Sep 11

Whittier, CA

#18 Sep 10, 2011
BOOM BOOM BOOM wrote:
LOL ! I bet Jesse's boom in his pants could out-lift Bobs trucks booms any day ! LOL ! Havent see Bobs in West Covina, Did they drop your sorry ass's too ? Boom Boom ! LOL !
I bet that the old toyota Bob higggins used that Charlie still owns and yes has a boom can out work the purple people eater of Haddicks no boom wonder LOL
Yelp Reviews of Bobs

Walnut, CA

#19 Sep 10, 2011
Go to Yelp! Review's of Bob's Towing
Elite '11
774 friends297 reviewsalice c.
Laguna Woods, CA
3/15/2009 Smartass Bob's installed the wrong car battery on our almost-abandoned '95 Camry.'Nuff said.
AAA seriously, I mean, seriously needs to rethink having Bob's Towing as their road-side service provider. Like, seriously.
SGV King

United States

#20 Sep 10, 2011
BOOM BOOM BOOM wrote:
Umm no you are entirely wrong. we impoundedd 11 cars fromWest Co police last night alone. not to mention Walnut Sheriffs or Esst LA sheriffs. call us daily. if it makes you feel any better, yesterday on Friday we serviced 350 AAA calls. earlier this week we ordered 3 brand new flatbeds this week. baby, we have a lot of money. I am a college graduate from a 4-year university.so don't underestimate my capabilty. i was born in a tow truck and
I'm gonna die in a tow truck. it's my hobby I do it cuz I enjoy pulling levers and love the challenges my business throws at me. we make so manny millions that we dont need or have the time to be shady and corrupt.
Yelp Reviews of Bobs

Walnut, CA

#21 Sep 10, 2011
About This BusinessProvided by business
Specialties
We Specialize In Every Towing Aspect You Can Imagine!

History
Established in 1976

Bob Higgins started Bob's Texaco Gas Station & Towing in 1976. Bob later sold the business in the year 2000 to its current owners/operators, the Al-Badawi Family .

Meet the Business Owner: Taz B.
At Bob's Towing, we keep our game plan nice and sweet. We arrive to our calls in a timely fashion and make sure our clients are more than happy. Everything else will follow in place.-Taz AL-Badawi
Yelp Reviews of Bobs

Walnut, CA

#22 Sep 10, 2011

64 friends29 reviewsLesley C.
West Covina, CA
4/26/2010 They have THE WORST service EVER!!!

My mom was parked in a parking lot and one of the drivers of their service truck just swung open their door and hit my mom's passenger side mirror. They DID NOT take responsibility and the driver, Cue, was trying to block my mom from getting his license plate. The passenger of his car, Robert, "tried" making it sound good that they would help us and gave my mom their card to call for this problem saying that they would talk to their manger about it. WHAT A LIE!

They NEVER returned her call and EVERY TIME I called or my mom called, they said that the manager wasn't there. They just didn't want to take the responsibility of hitting someone else's car. They EVEN HUNG up on our insurance agent multiple times. Robert probably AKA Bob is the manager. They are lying and this SHOWS THAT THEIR MORALE AND COMPANY POLICIES ARE HORRIBLE!

I can't believe that AAA does business with them, totally complaining about that to AAA.

I AGREE with Rock, they should do us ALL A FAVOR AND SHUT DOWN!
Yelp Reviews of Bobs

Walnut, CA

#23 Sep 10, 2011
Review from Dawn K.
0 friends144 reviewsDawn K.
Diamond Bar, CA
9/17/2010 These people are crooks. They are also a predatory towing company - so watch out. We had our service car parked in a shopping center while helping a customer (in the shopping center) and Bob's towing came to tow the car away! They broke the driver's side window when they couldn't get the car on the truck. Fortunately we saw them break the window and came running out. They would not tell us their names (said they were called "Bob Dylan") but that changed quickly once we called the cops on them. The police arrived and helped us out - Bob's towing agreed to pay the damage for the broken window . Then they refused to pay. We finally got a check from them - and they deliberately wrote the wrong name on the check and refused to re-do it! After (literally) 50 calls to them (I tied up their phone lines the whole day so that they would stop hanging up on me), we FINALLY got a check. BEWARE. These people are CRIMINALS. We reported them to AAA who wouldn't so anything about it since the incident did not happen because we called AAA. Hmmmm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Brew In 28,505
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 5 hr davis 5,303
18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) 15 hr NOGALES Aves 1,763
Santa Ana jury convicts two men of gang-related... (Jul '07) 15 hr O TOWN 1,137
Keeping La Mirada Cool (Dec '09) 17 hr oiny 10
La Mirada residential fire causes $10,000 damage Sat infirmer 3
SLAYER Guitarist, Jeff Hanneman, Passes Away At 49 (May '13) Fri happy 8

Winter Storm Watch for Los Angeles County was issued at December 28 at 1:27PM PST

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rowland Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:32 pm PST