Benton Middle School students start new school year with schedule changes

Sep 6, 2013 Full story: Whittier Daily News 13

LA MIRADA >> School began Thursday for an estimated 19,500 students in the Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District, but it was a little different for the more than 600 students at Benton Middle School who were facing schedule changes that had angered many parents last year.

Read more
Parent

Foothill Ranch, CA

#1 Sep 16, 2013
I am happy my child was lucky enough to attend Benton during the great times. Now it looks like it on it's way back to the dark side. Tragic turn of events and it is being blamed on needing a few more teachers? I am very happy we are no longer in the Norwalk La Mirada school district. I could go on but there is no point.
Another Parent

La Mirada, CA

#2 Sep 16, 2013
I am happy with the education my children received at NLMUSD. They all went to elem, middle and high school at NLMUSD schools. I couldn't be more proud of the intelligent, well rounded, successful adults they are today. Their teachers and counselor at LMHS are responsible for this. Keep up the good work, NLMUSD!
Really

Whittier, CA

#3 Sep 17, 2013
And what is best for Benton is an x-Power Ranger who couldn't make it in show business!!!!???? check out Gotto's websites.
Wow

La Mirada, CA

#4 Sep 17, 2013
To Another Parent, You must be an employee or board member of the district because you are way off on your praise for NLMUSD. Please look what has happened to Benton Middle School. My child just graduated from there and what the district has allowed to happen to two season educators is just a crime. When will NLMUSD treat the educators who excel in every way with respect?
Really

Whittier, CA

#5 Sep 19, 2013
Power ranger power...celebrity over academic proficiency???? is that what you want for your child????? if so keep your kid at Benton...not going to make it in show business and won't be selected for an academic challenge oriented college
black momma

Norwalk, CA

#6 Sep 20, 2013
If you took a guided tour to the schools in Los Angeles you would have a new
Found appreciation for the exposure that our children are obtaining. The staff cares and the fact the teachers take an active interest in our children. Kari Martinez deserves teacher of the century a gem if we had a just one Kari Martinez in every
District it would make a difference to the world of teaching. No masters, pH.d could compare to her giving nature and the true dedication she sincerely exhibit is beyond the call of duty.
Parent

Foothill Ranch, CA

#7 Sep 20, 2013
Really wrote:
Power ranger power...celebrity over academic proficiency???? is that what you want for your child????? if so keep your kid at Benton...not going to make it in show business and won't be selected for an academic challenge oriented college
My child is in 9th grade at Troy Tech. You comments don't really mean a whole lot of anything. Other that just how silly you look.
Kids need a role model

Whittier, CA

#8 Sep 20, 2013
The only reason Gotto was selected as principal by Perez was to show parents that he has show biz in his blood and he can catapult your child to stardom with his connections even though he didn't use them for hisself. Don't be fooled cuz the White Power Ranger wont be coming to your kid's rescue!
Duh

Whittier, CA

#9 Oct 6, 2013
Or should I say DOH...Whats up with this wannabe super star power ranger??????? I asked one question and he freaked! My kid deserves better!!!! How about yours?????
Laugh

Whittier, CA

#10 Oct 6, 2013
He is a pointexter fore sure.
Really

Whittier, CA

#11 Oct 8, 2013
Nuts???? Then you haven't checked out Gotto's internet sites...Power Ranger is leading your children????? Got my kids out!
Laugh

Whittier, CA

#12 Dec 5, 2013
Still a pointexter. really odd person
important messanger

Whittier, CA

#14 Jan 10, 2014
Gotto is a power ranger...send him back to Hollywood...he is not good for kids who want a real education

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Children briefly trapped after tree falls on ca... 3 hr bigpun 1
hpt 3 hr La Mirada fan 2
all gang members in baldwin park should be shot! (Feb '13) 3 hr Sur 13 Beat 22
Tony Aiello, come out of the closet...for clowns (Apr '10) 4 hr LMKnows 13
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Trojan 29,273
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) 7 hr Kevin 4,815
News Four drive-by shootings in Baldwin Park apparen... (Oct '12) 8 hr Stomper13 48

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at March 29 at 3:19PM PDT

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]