Long Beach police search for killers of 15-year-old boy

Police on Wednesday were searching for two male suspects who fatally shot a 15-year-old boy in a possibly gang-related shooting. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LiveAndLetLive

Long Beach, CA

#57 Jun 17, 2010
Jim P wrote:
Yep, fifteen years old, out at 2:15 in the morning. No doubt a Boy Scout working on his astronomy merit badge.Murder is still murder but it doesn't sound like we lost much at first glance.
Below is a caption found in the news story about the young boy.
"Mao Eng, a 15-year-old shot at 2:15 a.m. Monday near Burbank Elementary School just 20 feet from arriving home after visiting a paralyzed friend; this is a photo taken from his school identification card."
My comment: Not all people are fortunate to have transportation. So walking is the natural way to get from one place to another. Just as you wish death for the young victim, so does death will come upone one of your family members in the future as well. I bet when your life gets taken away, people will say the same about you: "We don't lost much at first glance."
giveituploser

United States

#58 Jun 17, 2010
Sad wrote:
I have a 15 year old son..I can imagine the heart- break the family is going through now.
I know some will say, "Why did these lousy parents let their 15 year old out and about at 2:15 AM? What bad parents."
When I was 15 I did as I chose,and no one could tell me anything. I am barely able to control my 15 year-old son, and predict that soon I will be up late at night worrying about him, wondering where he is at.
Let me tell you, short of chaining them in the house, they will do as they please. They think they are invincible, and nothing you say or do, say showing them this article, will change their mind.
Then you come from the most dysfunctional family ever. My parents, and all my friends parents, would NEVER allow a 15 year old to be out in that neighborhood at that hour. If the kid is "uncontrollable," then the dysfunction in that family began long before this, and there's no excuse for it.
You say you can't control a 15 year old? How about telling the kid you'll call child services, and leave him in the system if he's ever out past curfew while living in your home?
You won't do it because you're gutless and dysfunctional. That's why your kid acts like he's independent, rather than a contributor to your household. You're a mess, so he's a mess.
Don't make sorry excuses for your own ignorance and cowardice as a parent. It's pathetic. You are pathetic. If you're too stupid, or don't have the money to properly raise a kid, DON'T HAVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!
Salls

Los Angeles, CA

#59 Jun 17, 2010
Juan el mexican chingon wrote:
All this is politicians fault, they tide police officers hands to go out there to do their job.
if "they tide police officers hands to go out there to do their job" then the LBPD has the cleanest hands around!

But, really,.,.it's a loss for all, but I agree that he should have been home aw well. My 16 year old son is home by 10 pm.,.the rules that he follows.,.,
LiveAndLetLive

Long Beach, CA

#60 Jun 17, 2010
I am disgusted at these haters who always put the blame on the deceased. For example, when PT ran a news story about the double murder of the Long Beach Cambodian couple, the haters just jumped on them and blamed them for "being out so late (1:00)". Then when it was clarified that the couple went out to move their parked car so that they would avoid getting the hefty ticket, the haters did not let up and they accused the deceased male as the "thief" trying to jack someone's car instead. Then when it was clarified that the deceased man actually had job working nightshift for a company, and the haters still wouldn't let up. They continued to attack his private life and morality and stuff. These haters are just too much. Now they are attacking the 15 year-old deceased. How sick they really are! The point of the news story is to ask for help so that it can lead to the arrest of the two suspects who acted illegally in the society. It is never a point of the story to bash the deceased. There are unfortunate people out there who do not have a car as a form of transportation. When I was 15, I walked all the times. I walked to the library. I walked to catch the city bus. I walked to a grocery store. I walked to a laundromat. I walked to pick up my younger siblings from school. I lived with my late diabetic mom who had amputated legs and couldn't drive because we didn't have any money. We had no father either because he was killed in the war. So if you are one of those haters, you are one hundred times worst than the deceased victims.
LiveAndLetLive

Long Beach, CA

#62 Jun 17, 2010
stopit wrote:
<quoted text>He shouldn't have been running with gang members, either current, or ex-gang members. His parents were out of control. He should have been home. Stop playing the victim, when you should be ashamed of yourselves for letting a 15 year old outside in that area at 2:30 am, you ignorant asian hillbilly.
And you live in America??!!!! Who appointed you to tell people they should not do this and that?! I bet you are the same lame retard who wants to do away with McDonald's because they make people FAT. Luckily, the Supreme Court said that McDonald's will remain because they provide CHOICES to the consumers. Just because you are alive, it does not mean that your life is better than the deceased boy.
sarah palin lover

Long Beach, CA

#64 Jun 17, 2010
illiterate...oops...I am too wet thinking of Russia!
Jim P

Puyallup, WA

#65 Jun 17, 2010
same thing wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wife was just killed and robbed while walking downtown.
Tough luck, too bad she asked for it by being stupid wearing that diamond wedding ring!
Your comparison escapes me, he was not robbed, he was not walking downtown at a normal time of day and he was not wearing a diamond wedding ring: Our dead lad here was returning from a "visit" to a "former" gang member at 2 in the morning...plus he was a "stubborn teen, who was attending a local continuation school, would sometimes stay out late at night despite his family's protests, his sister said."

I think we can diminish the "innocent little kid in the wrong place at the wrong time" side of his biography. There is more to the story than we have yet gotten but it will come out.
G in LB

AOL

#66 Jun 17, 2010
si1verblade wrote:
Mao Eng is a 15 yr old boy who loved to skateboard... He came from his best friends house who is disabled ... Mao Eng helps take care of his Best friend.. Mao Eng has a family brothers sisters mom dad grandparents uncles aunts a dog named MiMi he loved to play with... He never hurt a living thing.. He was always happy and had smiles for everyone that passed him.. Think Before you pass judgement on people you dont know... Don't be ignorant just because he lived in LBC doesnt mean he was in a gang... He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time... He was Killed 30 feet from his parents front door... so yeah shame on you and to all the people who think the way you do...This couldve been your brother sister mom dad aunt uncle ect... Think before you spit out words..........In memory of Mao Eng who is up in Heaven skateboarding his **** off.....

It didn't say he was a caretaker for hid friend, but it did say his friend had gang affiliations how much care can someone need at that time of night and I'd bet he has a caretaker. Face it if and child is out at 2:15 am hes not trying for sainthood.
Lb Res

Pasadena, CA

#67 Jun 17, 2010
sarah palin lover wrote:
I wouldn't worry about "Mao's" family reading this blog site, they are probably illiterat both in their Cambodian language and in English.
2:15 am, arriving home from visiting a paralyzed friend who probably is that way from another gun shot bullet.
We have let too many illegals, cambods, gooks into this country!
I can see Russia from my porch and it sure looks good compared to the third world country called America!
Ya betcha!
You know what, "sarah palin lover"? You shouldn't even be one to pass any judgment especially when you know NOTHING ABOUT THE ENG FAMILY, you inconsiderate, ignorant, moron! If Russia looks so good to you, then pack up & stay on that side of the hemisphere & STOP getting yourself involved with this so called "third world country". Don't s*** where you eat & get your head out of your a**! I'm pretty sure you don't bleed silver & gold. You bleed, red just like the rest of us. And nothing makes you better than anyone else here, if anything, your ignorance makes you lower than than dirt itself. Get off your high horse and put a sock in it!

For your information. I know this family very well. They are all "legal and literate". And perhaps comprehend & has more class than you. His friend was not paralyzed from any gang related activities (it was from an accident, you know-it-all) and none of them are gang affiliated. So do your self a favor, go do some research before you open up your mouth & make yourself look stupid. Ooops! Too late, you already do!=X

You poor, little thing...you need some help, but you're not gonna find it here! Might you consider enrolling in my Clueless 101 Class? You can borrow my hands if you need an extra set to slap yourself senseless and then again to slap some sense back into you. The pleasure is all mine!

Thanks for your input, but nobody cares!
Lb Res

Pasadena, CA

#68 Jun 17, 2010
stopit wrote:
<quoted text>
He shouldn't have been running with gang members, either current, or ex-gang members. His parents were out of control. He should have been home. Stop playing the victim, when you should be ashamed of yourselves for letting a 15 year old outside in that area at 2:30 am, you ignorant asian hillbilly.
Wow! You and Sarah Palin Lover should run off together to Russia and get married! Both of you are just as ignorant and idiotic as one another. Perfect couple! Too bad neither of you will live happily ever after =(
Lb Res

Pasadena, CA

#69 Jun 17, 2010
Lb Res wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You and Sarah Palin Lover should run off together to Russia and get married! Both of you are just as ignorant and idiotic as one another. Perfect couple! Too bad neither of you will live happily ever after =(
Hey Sarah Palin Lover, I'm just as "wet" thinking about it. Oh joy!:D
LBC Guy

Long Beach, CA

#71 Jun 18, 2010
Ok so this loser hung out with gang members and he expect us to feel sorry for him?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Rest In Pieces loser@!!!!!!!!
Eng

Long Beach, CA

#72 Jun 21, 2010
Time like these are hard.. you left so early. If you had grown up in a good neighbor hood it would of been okay. Sometimes is the wrong place at the wrong time. My heart goes out to you bro. Eng family stay strong. And for those punks idiots karma will get you.
LB Girl

Seal Beach, CA

#73 Jun 24, 2010
All I wanna say is I knew Mao when he was in elementary school he was one of my close friends, everyone that knew him said he was a great friend and its true he always put a smile on everyone's face no matter the situation. I dont wanna start any drama then what is already going on here. I read the story and I couldnt believe that someone I actually knew passed away. It's so sad to hear that he didn't die from natural causes, he died from possible gang members and at that they might have been Hispanic. Im mexican and when I read something that involves hispanics killing others it dissapoints me that my own race if they are immigrants they are given the chance to live in the United States and they abuse it and hurt others.....If they arent immigrants then still shame on them for making our race look bad.....
No matter the race all I wanna say is that Mao I'm going to miss you so much and the good times we had in Elementary School. I wish I could have known you in middle school and even now.
R.I.P
Love your friend,
Betty
Cornell94

Cedar Creek, TX

#74 Jun 24, 2010
Jim P wrote:
Yep, fifteen years old, out at 2:15 in the morning. No doubt a Boy Scout working on his astronomy merit badge.
Murder is still murder but it doesn't sound like we lost much at first glance.
Your a deutschebag,my friend knew him...Mao you shall be missed,and never forgotten...he was a strong kid...
Cornell94

Cedar Creek, TX

#75 Jun 24, 2010
oogie bby wrote:
this 15 yr old boy was my nephew. his life was taken before his prime, everyone here who thinks this is nothing u must not have eva lost a love one like how my family have everyone hurd the sayin that a mother tell there child that " i dnt want to b alive to lay you to rest, but for to lay me, first" he whole family watch now have to lay him to rest where it should have been him to do it to us
he was da youngest and the first to go it kills me inside to think that hes gone if u have nothin nyc to say then plz dnt say it a young boy life was taken for no reason. r.i.p mao end " ill always love and miss you my nefew.
He was strong...I hope the killer rots in jail...and if he gets out...I'll be there ready to beat him...RIP Mao...you'll never be forgotten...Betty will miss you...=*(
Natalie

Long Beach, CA

#76 Nov 15, 2013
R.I.P uncle u will be missed the pain hurts really bad i love u just remember what u told me <3 we miss u so verry much i wish u were here rest in paradise see u soon <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMP gang celebrates 31 years (Jun '08) 1 hr john 1,736
WaterScam '13 - San Diego (Nov '13) 1 hr james marple 6
Helping the homeless people at La Palma Park (Sep '12) 1 hr trufer 121
mayor manuel lozano sued peraonally for $10,000 4 hr West Covina 1
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Bruin For Life 27,607
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr Misty Me 7,968
SF gay pride event celebrates 40th anniversary (Jun '10) 8 hr OK Mr macho 100

Fire Warning for Los Angeles County was issued at October 01 at 8:19PM PDT

Rowland Heights News Video

Rowland Heights Dating
Find my Match

Rowland Heights Jobs

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rowland Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rowland Heights

Personal Finance