San Dimas family seeks help locating ...

San Dimas family seeks help locating missing 14-year-old girl

There are 24 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Dec 1, 2009, titled San Dimas family seeks help locating missing 14-year-old girl. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A San Dimas family is asking for help in finding a missing 14-year-old girl. Family members say they have not seen Tabatha "Tabby" Alonso since Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Noo

Pomona, CA

#1 Dec 1, 2009
I think the mother should be charged with child endangerment.
critic

Montclair, CA

#2 Dec 1, 2009
You must be kidding. How do you come to that conclusion?
Anyway, why post the story when there's NO PHOTO????
Come on Bulletin, I know you have enough trouble getting your paper delivered to PAYING subscribers, but surely you have enough sense to post a photo of a missing kid!
Just a name

Chino Hills, CA

#3 Dec 1, 2009
For her kid being missing?
Obviously

Glendale, CA

#4 Dec 1, 2009
I think "Noo" is referring to the fact that the mother is aware of her child doing drugs and sneaking off to raves. As a mother of a 14 year old myself, it's my job to know what my daughter is doing and where she is at all times. I check her computer, text messages, etc. Some may think that is a violation of her privacy, but as a mother, it is my job to do my best to keep her safe and make sure she is on the correct path toward being a responsible woman.

I hope this young girl is found soon and is able to be reunited with her family. And when she does get home, I hope the mother tightens her reigns on this young girl.
Weird

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#5 Dec 1, 2009
Something is very strange here when especially the watch commander says no report was done. She's probably drugged up at someones house and will show up soon. When she does she needs to go directly to drug treatment.
A FRIEND

Colton, CA

#6 Dec 1, 2009
Her mother knows of the drug problem because she has been trying to help her...and the sneaking off to raves.. well she was supposed to be at a friends house and the mother of the friend assured she was fine...this is the same woman that hid this runaway child from her mother for a week! Tabby has been in counceling.. and her mom does watch over her, she does not have a cell phone either like most teens. She is doing her job as a mom, too bad the police wouldent help her when she asked! The friends mother allowed Tabby to hide while she remained highly intoxicated, and that woman did nothing! Either did the good for nothing cops! But with the persistance of her mom, she got her daughter back and got her help!
Obviously wrote:
I think "Noo" is referring to the fact that the mother is aware of her child doing drugs and sneaking off to raves. As a mother of a 14 year old myself, it's my job to know what my daughter is doing and where she is at all times. I check her computer, text messages, etc. Some may think that is a violation of her privacy, but as a mother, it is my job to do my best to keep her safe and make sure she is on the correct path toward being a responsible woman.
I hope this young girl is found soon and is able to be reunited with her family. And when she does get home, I hope the mother tightens her reigns on this young girl.
Lost

San Jose, CA

#7 Dec 1, 2009
Child has been found and in the Hospital
Debra

Riverside, CA

#8 Dec 1, 2009
Why would a 14 year old be allowed to hang anywhere,,,for gosh sake she 14 years old!!!
Drug problem not surprised at all. If you allow your children to run around unsupervised what do you expect to get, Children need boundaries. I hope you fine her and change your parenting ways.
David Martinez

Riverside, CA

#9 Dec 1, 2009
Debra wrote:
Why would a 14 year old be allowed to hang anywhere,,,for gosh sake she 14 years old!!!
Drug problem not surprised at all. If you allow your children to run around unsupervised what do you expect to get, Children need boundaries. I hope you fine her and change your parenting ways.
You're absolutely correct. I could not agree more. The parents are the ones to blame here. They lack judgement and their parenting skills are atrocious. What was the mother thinking when she allows her 14 year old to roam around unsupervised? This isn't Des Moines Iowa 1955; some small town where everyone knows each other and the crime rate is nil. No. Southern California is a melting pot of gangs, drugs, pedophiles and just down right malicious and nasty people. The first commentary here was not far fetched by stating that the mother endangered her daughter. For others to defend the mother and her wanton disregard for her daughter's safety is pure insanity.

David Martinez
TimetoGet Real

Colton, CA

#10 Dec 1, 2009
Fourteen is young. If you are doing your job as a parent up until this point, no adolescent in this age group should be doing these things.

If she were older, then maybe the parents might not have control at that point. At 14, it's the parenting. They did not raise the child right, they did not control the child's environment, and they do not have the child in a place where she is safe from her own poor choices.
hecnut69

Lakewood, CA

#11 Dec 2, 2009
i would be willing to bet this little brat never got a spanking. when my girls do something wrong more than once they get belt. so far ive only had to do that once in thier teens.
Leann

Arcadia, CA

#12 Dec 2, 2009
The sad thing is 'society' or the 'system' failed the child, not the parents. This is what is WRONG here... it's always someone else's fault. Parents just don't stand up and take responsibility for their actions or lack of.
Raves

AOL

#13 Dec 2, 2009
Im not sure if you all realize what Raves are like anymore. Raves are no longer in whearhouses they are organized and there are several Rave places in San Bernardino. San Bernardino allows these underage Raves to take place in there city without doing anything about them. Ravers are into there Rave familles more than there real familles. Im very sorry that the girl is missing. I hope you find her safe. I lost my daughter 2 years ago to Raving and I think they should be shut down or at least made to be 18+. Lets bring back the Rave Act it needs to be voted on.
Good luck
steven from azusa

United States

#14 Dec 2, 2009
leave taby alone she is home with her mom let them live in peace .god bless you
Nala

Riverside, CA

#15 Dec 2, 2009
Thanks for making our scene look like its a bad thing..
Nala

Riverside, CA

#16 Dec 2, 2009
Raves wrote:
Im not sure if you all realize what Raves are like anymore. Raves are no longer in whearhouses they are organized and there are several Rave places in San Bernardino. San Bernardino allows these underage Raves to take place in there city without doing anything about them. Ravers are into there Rave familles more than there real familles. Im very sorry that the girl is missing. I hope you find her safe. I lost my daughter 2 years ago to Raving and I think they should be shut down or at least made to be 18+. Lets bring back the Rave Act it needs to be voted on.
Good luck
You lost your daughter to raving? Oh wow, you make it sound like it's a drug.. Like it's a negative thing. Raving isnt negative, it's the people in the scene that make it negative, just like how a school isnt bad, it's the little brats in the school that make it bad. Everyone is an individual and no one is forced to rave.. She chose that path, dont blame it on the rave scene.. Blame it on her.
crimeman

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Dec 2, 2009
Obviously wrote:
no one really knows what their kid is doing at all times.law enforce meet is no help,unless you hit or theaten your teen.its more to this story then we all no.you have teens doing drugs and having sex at school, on the way home from school,stopping by their friends homes.so just keep your eyes wide open.teens or sneaky.
Raves

AOL

#18 Dec 2, 2009
Nala,
Im sorry you feel that the Rave scene is good. The Rave scene is designed to keep young people in it for a long time and try drugs. OK you are the person who dosnt roll at Raves good for you but most of you Ravers Roll, Flip, and just get altered for the fun of it. I know you don't care about the people who loose there kids to Raving but you should. For your sake I hope we get Raving stopped or at least 18+ before your kids get to be 14. Oh and by the way I lost my daughter to drugs so yes to me Raves are a drug. Have you ever herd of Rave birthdays, Rave marriage's, rave anniversaries, rave familles, well sounds like a lifestyle to me. I would like to see the Hudson, the ASU Fox, and all other places in San Bernardino shut down. This is so sad it is going to take more kids dying to get these places to take responsibly. I thought there was a curfew law in this state why do the police allow the under 18 kids to attend these Raves??
Good luck Nala and yes you will grow up someday I hope.
oh pooter

Baldwin Park, CA

#19 Dec 2, 2009
It is just so sad that people can make such negative comments about the parents of a missing girl. Ever think if it was your child, that you would appreciate these comments, on top of being scared for your daughters life? If people want to point fingers at others, please remember, someone will surely be pointing them at you one day... remember the comments that you typed out this day.

All I care for is the safe return of Tabatha to her family and that they can work things out. Drugs are a bad thing...I have been there, I know and I don't wish it upon anyone!!
haha

Portland, OR

#20 Dec 3, 2009
Debra wrote:
DUh. Her mother is WHITE! White mothers let there kids do anything. White people parents are scared of their kids. She is probably getting f'ed by her dad and grandpa.

Who cares..next story

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 34,796
Pacheco out scamming monies for weed growers 10 hr We Know 2
Raquel Monica Garcia running for Senate just filed 10 hr What a Joke 1
Have boys or girls been Molested or Harrassed ... 10 hr Please come forward 1
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) Fri My two cents 10,079
Look at City Agenda for Police Chief !!!!!! Nov 16 Monja muneca 2
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Nov 4 Raydot 4,556

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages