La Mirada to plant vines to make Santa Gertrudes Avenue block walls look better

Jul 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Whittier Daily News

Mark Stowell, public works director/ city engineer for La Mirada, walks past walls on Santa Gertrudes Avenue Monday, July 15, 2013 as he shows where the city is going to plant vines to hide the various private walls on the westside of the street from Lemon Drive to Rosecrans Avenue.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Aug 15, 2013
LM RES

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

What does a resident do when the vines that the city plants send roots into the the cracks and grout lines destroying the privately owned wall?
BrightEyes

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

I dunno... cry?
ADA

Arlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Is there enough clearance for the new sidewalks around those utility poles on Santa Gertrudes to meet ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act)?

Looks like some poles might need to be moved.

Better to do before the concrete is poured.
dad

Norwalk, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

i can only see more problems when they do.

Rat nesting
water wasting
maintenancing

Spending more money in the long term, wasting money for what the plants need.

better off building a new wall.
Common Sense

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

If the walls are falling down/leaning over, how will the vines improve this? Why when I drive down Imperial the walls are terrible in La Mirada and then you get to Friendly Hills and beyond, they are all new, the same, recently built, and beautiful? La Habra did not mask with vines they rebuilt.
Also, why wants you pass Santa Gertrudes they have nice center dividers, but west of their they are non-existent.
I often wonder why the public areas around La Mirada near where the councilmen live are much nicer than than other end of town! Drive down Valley View and Imperial and see what I mean.
LM Resident

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Common Sense wrote:
If the walls are falling down/leaning over, how will the vines improve this? Why when I drive down Imperial the walls are terrible in La Mirada and then you get to Friendly Hills and beyond, they are all new, the same, recently built, and beautiful? La Habra did not mask with vines they rebuilt.
Also, why wants you pass Santa Gertrudes they have nice center dividers, but west of their they are non-existent.
I often wonder why the public areas around La Mirada near where the councilmen live are much nicer than than other end of town! Drive down Valley View and Imperial and see what I mean.
I agree, after all we are the highest taxed city right now, so we can improve our City. Take that 1% tax increase and put it to solutions that will last, not a cosmetic make over.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Rowland Heights News Video

•••
•••

Rowland Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rowland Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE