Glendora Mountain Road has been the s...

Glendora Mountain Road has been the scene of four deaths, 165 a...

There are 53 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Glendora Mountain Road has been the scene of four deaths, 165 a.... In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

Some see the history of Glendora Mountain Road as prime example of a dangerous roadway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
calwatch

Montclair, CA

#1 Jun 21, 2008
"The biggest problem is speed," Bustamante said. "Perhaps the thrill of it, or the testing of man against machine. I don't know why people do what they do."

...BECAUSE THEY'RE TEENAGERS, and they're going to do these things. Spoken like a middle aged cop.
Mark

Encino, CA

#2 Jun 23, 2008
more enforcement... More funding...

Hwy 39 and GMR need to set up a joint task force and impound and cite the motorcycles and rocket racers driving without any regard for their own safety and passengers but the innocent motorists negotiating the windy, sharp and steep roads. These are highly modified low profile vehicles drifting into opposing lanes and traveling excessive speeds. Once the word gets out and it being actively patrolled, the careless teens will find another area. Proactive productivity to avoid a death is well worth the effort.
austin brock

Claremont, CA

#3 Sep 29, 2008
its cuz we and/or the daggers rule
Thetruthhurts

Pomona, CA

#4 Sep 29, 2008
calwatch wrote:
"The biggest problem is speed," Bustamante said. "Perhaps the thrill of it, or the testing of man against machine. I don't know why people do what they do."
...BECAUSE THEY'RE TEENAGERS, and they're going to do these things. Spoken like a middle aged cop.
I think the cop made a valid statement. Can you think of another reason why they might be doing it? Maybe they had planned to set out commit suicide from the beginning. Not only has this happened "because they are teenagers," but because they are ignorant and don't fear the reality of death. Today's teens are very insensitive to real life.

It's not the road's fault. I find it to be a very pleasant drive on a nice day. There wasn't this problem 20 years ago and before. It's just the way kids are now...dumb and ignorant.
iwont

Sherman Oaks, CA

#5 Sep 29, 2008
Thetruthhurts wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the cop made a valid statement. Can you think of another reason why they might be doing it? Maybe they had planned to set out commit suicide from the beginning. Not only has this happened "because they are teenagers," but because they are ignorant and don't fear the reality of death. Today's teens are very insensitive to real life.
It's not the road's fault. I find it to be a very pleasant drive on a nice day. There wasn't this problem 20 years ago and before. It's just the way kids are now...dumb and ignorant.
no they just want to see if death hurts
iwont

Sherman Oaks, CA

#6 Sep 29, 2008
Thetruthhurts wrote:
<quoted text>
i know how we could solve the problem, get the politicians of rancho cuacamonga and fontana and get them to lobby to build more houses up there.
they cant go fast if there is no space
Thetruthhurts

Pomona, CA

#7 Sep 29, 2008
iwont wrote:
<quoted text>
i know how we could solve the problem, get the politicians of rancho cuacamonga and fontana and get them to lobby to build more houses up there.
they cant go fast if there is no space
I don't think that would work because Glendora Ridge Road is in L.A. County and sort of far from Rancho and Fontana. Besides, the place is too rugged for homes to be built on.
javi

Sherman Oaks, CA

#8 Sep 29, 2008
Thetruthhurts wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that would work because Glendora Ridge Road is in L.A. County and sort of far from Rancho and Fontana. Besides, the place is too rugged for homes to be built on.
they could still be built. just look at the houses above hunters ridge.
remember mayor mark said that nothing is impossible
when it comes to build more houses(like how he prefers to have more houses instead of a super wal mart in the fontana promenade
Thetruthhurts

Pomona, CA

#9 Sep 29, 2008
javi wrote:
<quoted text>
they could still be built. just look at the houses above hunters ridge.
remember mayor mark said that nothing is impossible
when it comes to build more houses(like how he prefers to have more houses instead of a super wal mart in the fontana promenade
I don't think you know where Glendora Ridge Road is or its terrain. Hunter's Ridge is built on an alluvial plave, meaning it's a gradual downward slope from the foothills. Homes can be built on terrain like that, but Glendora Ridge Road is a twisty, turning, narrow, two-lane road that rides along the backside of the mountains as seen in these pics:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/dk1964/...

http://www.unique-design.net/adventure/gabrie...

I couldn't see many homes being built there, at least not enough to slow traffic down.
javi

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Sep 30, 2008
Thetruthhurts wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you know where Glendora Ridge Road is or its terrain. Hunter's Ridge is built on an alluvial plave, meaning it's a gradual downward slope from the foothills. Homes can be built on terrain like that, but Glendora Ridge Road is a twisty, turning, narrow, two-lane road that rides along the backside of the mountains as seen in these pics:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/dk1964/...
http://www.unique-design.net/adventure/gabrie...
I couldn't see many homes being built there, at least not enough to slow traffic down.
hey the first picture is were i go mountain riding in my bike.
houses still can be built.
except it will be on very unstable land. any rain can knock a house of its foundation, but houses still can be built.
if they really want to slow them down, they should put speed bumps(not speed humps) every 1/4 mile
equijen

West Covina, CA

#11 Oct 29, 2008
The accident in June was verified by two different investigations that the girl driving was well within the posted speed limit. There are no barriers, just a little curb, and sometimes loose gravel on the road. The turns are sharp and sometimes come up very unexpectedly.
Plain and simple, the road is dangerous. It needs to be updated and made safer: lowered speed limit, signs for speed reducing on some curves, barriers at dangerous spots.
Checkpoint Charlie

Del Mar, CA

#12 Oct 29, 2008
equijen wrote:
The accident in June was verified by two different investigations that the girl driving was well within the posted speed limit. There are no barriers, just a little curb, and sometimes loose gravel on the road. The turns are sharp and sometimes come up very unexpectedly.
Plain and simple, the road is dangerous. It needs to be updated and made safer: lowered speed limit, signs for speed reducing on some curves, barriers at dangerous spots.
You have to remember 20 years ago there weren't cell phones and the ability to text on them....
The Slide

San Dimas, CA

#13 Oct 29, 2008
Who's at fault here? The City of Glendora for allowing a dangerous streach of road way to be left unprotected for all drivers?

Maybe Glendors's Traffic Engineer can answer this question for us all?
Mark

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Nov 6, 2008
Well, the issue that i have found is that locals thinking that they are going to prevent deaths will go up and put large rocks and gravel on the road to try and damage/destroy those "low profile rice rockets", this in itself has caused many accidents. I personally have seen a friend of mine almost go over the cliff because he hit one of these rocks and blew two tires. The reason why the local PD doesn't patrol this stretch of road very much is because they don't have jurisdiction because it is national forest area. the only people that have jurisdiction up there are sheriffs and highway patrol and most of the time its not worth it to go up there and write a few fix it tickets.
Public Comment

Chino, CA

#15 Nov 6, 2008
The Glendora Village IDIOT speaks again. He blames the city of Glendora for every accident on that COUNTY, STATE, FEDERAK road.
The Slide wrote:
Who's at fault here? The City of Glendora for allowing a dangerous streach of road way to be left unprotected for all drivers?

Maybe Glendors's Traffic Engineer can answer this question for us all?
Flash

San Dimas, CA

#16 Nov 6, 2008
What "pubic commic" fails, repeat fails to understand that Glendora is responsible for any and all roads with in it's city limit boundries thats called being responsible to it's citizens and keeping up the GOOD PR for the image of the City and it's residents.

What "pubic commie" fails to bring out is that this streach of road way has always been a problem and handling the problem from the beginning is a real "problem" for some people in authority here in Glendora, California!
Public Comment

Chino, CA

#17 Nov 8, 2008
Guess that Glendora needs to start policing the 210 and 57 Fwys. They still pass through Glendora don't they?
Flash wrote:
What "pubic commic" fails, repeat fails to understand that Glendora is responsible for any and all roads with in it's city limit boundries
Flash

San Dimas, CA

#18 Nov 8, 2008
What "pubic commie" fails to bring out is that this streach of road way has always been a problem and handling the problem from the beginning is a real "problem" for some people in authority here in Glendora, California!
shatnose

Pomona, CA

#19 Nov 9, 2008
GMR is a great drive people know its a little twisty but its great to get out the city for a bit.Putting houses on it would ruin its beauty if people think its dangerous then they should stop complaining and stay off it.The bikers are annoying because their like 'lets put on super tight leather and zoom around like days of thunder'i wish people would go to salt flats to act like assholes
MikeGagger

San Dimas, CA

#20 Nov 10, 2008
There ya go! It just shows the last poster can not share and also has a clear misuse of the english language!

Grow up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stacey Kenney has been known to be a user of he... (Mar '10) 8 hr Robert 6
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 14 hr Bozo the clown 6,875
News Pomona Police Seek Man Following Pot Factory Bust (Apr '07) 18 hr Lmf 21
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 hr Truth_Hurts01 32,621
Poor Donkey Tuttle Bored Turkey Weekend 19 hr Three Stogies Trio 11
LMP gang celebrates 31 years (Jun '08) 21 hr Beaver 1,863
history of gangs in west covina (Dec '07) Fri Rukus 2,781

Rowland Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages