Irwindale Police Lieutenant Mario Cam...

Irwindale Police Lieutenant Mario Camacho

Posted in the Rowland Heights Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
CAR BARKER

West Covina, CA

#1 Apr 12, 2013
January 03, 2013|Los Angeles Times

Ex-Irwindale police cadet charges sexual harassment by lieutenant
Woman's lawsuit says Lt. Mario Camacho pressured her to accept his advances in exchange for favorable treatment at work and a reduced rate on a rental condo.

A cadet who said she was sexually harassed and later forced to quit has sued the Irwindale Police Department, the second lawsuit in six months to question the behavior of a high-ranking police lieutenant

Both lawsuits filed against the agency name Lt. Mario Camacho. In July, Officer Rudy Campos filed a federal lawsuit alleging that he didn't get overtime and received negative performance evaluations after he voted against a contract provision Camacho favored. That case is pending.

The most recent complaint, filed Dec. 11 in Los Angeles County Superior Court, alleges that Camacho sexually harassed Alma Chavez, a non-sworn police cadet who started working with the department in 2008. She alleged that Camacho held her hand, kissed her and groped her while they were on duty, sometimes in his office or city-owned car.

Initially, she rebuffed his advances, but gave in when he created "a hostile work environment," according to the lawsuit. When Chavez accepted Camacho's advances, he promised her a full-time permanent position with the city.

Camacho "would be really mean to her and make it difficult for her at work, but when she accepted the advances he was really nice to her," said Brandi Harper, a lawyer representing Chavez and Campos. "When she started, she was 19 years old, her dream was to be a police officer and he knew it."

Irwindale Police Chief Dennis Smith referred questions to attorney Jeffrey Thompson, who is representing the department in both lawsuits. He declined to comment on any specifics.

"The city takes these type of matters very seriously and believes it has done nothing wrong in this case," Thompson said. "We will be defending it aggressively."

During Chavez's more than four years of employment at the Irwindale Police Department, Camacho gave her gift cards worth hundreds of dollars at Victoria's Secret and Forever 21, as well as a Tiffany's bracelet and Louis Vuitton purse, according to court records..

In an October deposition, Camacho didn't deny that he gave her gifts and admitted kissing and holding Chavez's hand while they were on duty because they "were close friends."

He said he also lent her money and rented Chavez a condo he owned at below-market value to help her out, but later asked her to move out when he discovered someone else was staying there and not paying rent.

In the lawsuit, Chavez said that she felt forced to quit and that Camacho was upset because she was living at the condo with her boyfriend. He allegedly called her into a meeting and told her, "I can't stand working with you anymore, this meeting will be your two weeks' notice."

She submitted a resignation letter after that meeting, according to the complaint.

Thompson declined to say whether Camacho had been disciplined or placed on administrative leave.

adolfo.flores@latimes.com
Car Barker

West Covina, CA

#2 May 10, 2013
Car Parker wrote "Chief Smith was forced to retire." My source tells me it looks like your savior will be gone and can't protect you anymore. I'm sure you are next on the chopping block to be fired! Hope you have a stomach for digging through trash cans looking for cans and bottles to recycle. bye bye
Savings

San Dimas, CA

#3 May 10, 2013
This is litigation for the three is going to cost millions.

Maybe the Irwindale PD should close up shop and turn the real police work over to the Sheriffs Department instead, look at the millions Irwindale would save.

George Ogden of West Covina is the Car Barker.
Car Parker

West Covina, CA

#4 May 14, 2013
Is it really true? I'm so sad to hear from my sources that Irwindale Police Chief Dennis Smith and his 2nd in command Lieutenant Mario Camacho have been fired from the police department for wrongdoing. Now they will have a good police department that recognizes sexual harassment as illegal. I hope there are no more cover-up. Or I will have to report it to my friends at the DAs office. SGV Tribune, where is this breaking story in your paper?
Really

La Puente, CA

#5 May 15, 2013
Car Parker wrote:
Is it really true? I'm so sad to hear from my sources that Irwindale Police Chief Dennis Smith and his 2nd in command Lieutenant Mario Camacho have been fired from the police department for wrongdoing. Now they will have a good police department that recognizes sexual harassment as illegal. I hope there are no more cover-up. Or I will have to report it to my friends at the DAs office. SGV Tribune, where is this breaking story in your paper?
I heard they're getting fired for having actually believed that they could get James hunley clean. Obviously they were insane to think they could achieve the impossible. I'm surprised they weren't committed in an insane asylum.
resident

United States

#6 May 23, 2013
Yea I hear two officers were forceing an employee calling at late nites after work hours
Ha ha ha

Fontana, CA

#7 May 23, 2013
resident wrote:
Yea I hear two officers were forceing an employee calling at late nites after work hours
What are you trying to say?
resident

Lawndale, CA

#8 May 23, 2013
Ha ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you trying to say?

Irwindale PD will be haveing a job fair soon there will be two more job openings
resident

United States

#9 May 24, 2013
Thanks to RC & LG
Ha ha ha

La Puente, CA

#10 May 24, 2013
resident wrote:
Thanks to RC & LG
If you're going to say something, say it. Don't be pussyfooting around.
Anonymous

San Francisco, CA

#11 May 24, 2013
Cops in So Cal are nothing but gang bangers with a badge. Anyone with a brain knows this.
Car Parker

United States

#12 May 25, 2013
resident wrote:
Thanks to RC & LG
Okay, let's thank them for telling the truth and fighting corruption like me. These two officers are probably tired of the cover ups and want to see change. My sources tell me its a long shot and doubt they will be in trouble. Learn how to spell loser
Car Parker

Monrovia, CA

#13 May 25, 2013
I know you want to be just like me. and using my blogging name is as close as you are going to get.

Camacho is not the problem with Irwindale P D.

What we have is the Breceda boys are mad because they are not getting away with their shiiiit

Let me give you a little inside information. Beware you are being watched. looooser

Ha ha ha

La Puente, CA

#14 May 25, 2013
Car Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, let's thank them for telling the truth and fighting corruption like me. These two officers are probably tired of the cover ups and want to see change. My sources tell me its a long shot and doubt they will be in trouble. Learn how to spell loser
He didn't misspell anything, assface.
Super Trooper

United States

#15 May 26, 2013
What is wrong with these men with badges who are supposed to protect and serve? They need to meet with the same sex therapist that helped Tiger Woods with his problem. Time to air out the dirty house and clean out the dirt.
Car Parker

Monrovia, CA

#16 May 27, 2013
Hey leave tiger out of this. He was only following his dads advice. His dad told him to focus on his golf and f every thing else.

I agree with you about Irwindale police department.

What we have here is bad cops, We will call them the Breceda boys, who are in deed bad cops who think they can get away with anything and have Breceda protect them. We finally get a Chief who suspends a few of them, and they retaliate against the good officers.

Where is the Irwindale blue line.

OH I forgot it on the road to mark the city limits.

With the D A and the F B I looking up Irwindales ass You would think they would knock off their shiiit
Car Barker

United States

#18 Aug 26, 2013
Anyone know what happened to this pig? Is he still employed by Irwindale, or did they trim the fat? I think more female victims are out there and need to come FOWARD. It seems like this is Irwindales year of loses and lawsuits. Might have to sell all the parks to keep afloat.
Car Parker

Monrovia, CA

#19 Aug 26, 2013
Mario Camacho playing house with an adult is no crime.
What A Bunch Of Dummies

Fountain Valley, CA

#20 Aug 27, 2013
Car Parker wrote:
Mario Camacho playing house with an adult is no crime.
Read this jackass!

Elements of the Crime PC 243.4 Sexual Battery In order to be convicted of PC 243.4, the prosecutor must be able to prove that you:

1. Touched the intimate part of another person;
2. That there was no consent for the touching or that the consent was fraudulently obtained;
3. That the touching was done for sexual arousal, gratification, or abuse.

He should share jail cells with Dave Fraijo. They have both embarrassed the community they had served, and all of the law enforcement officers in the world who are sworn to protect.
Car Parker

Monrovia, CA

#21 Aug 27, 2013
hey brain dead she excepted his advances and moved into his condo and enjoyed gifts and money.

no crime

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 56 min Chosen Traveler 35,810
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 2 hr Champion 11,208
Gustavo Romo a Snake and not for Baldwin Park 8 hr Not a Bluff 1
News Sheriff's deputies arrest two after high-speed ... (Sep '10) Mon Stand up for kids 24
News State to close Chino youth authority facility (Aug '09) Apr 23 Lontae Sims 39
News Beltran gets life sentence (Apr '09) Apr 23 Kat 444
tragedy el monte high (Apr '06) Apr 23 Brent F 106

Rowland Heights Jobs

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages