La Mirada planning farmers market

La Mirada planning farmers market

There are 14 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Jan 21, 2008, titled La Mirada planning farmers market. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

“I think most of our (customers) are from folks who live and work in Whittier and find it convenient.”

City officials here plan to begin a farmers market in the civic center area parking lot. via Whittier Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Resident

Acton, CA

#1 Jan 21, 2008
That would be great! It's about time.

BudH

“BudH- Clinton Harris same one.”

Since: Dec 07

La Mirada,Ca.

#2 Jan 21, 2008
That is an outstanding idea:)
La Mirada Parent

Acton, CA

#4 Mar 3, 2008
Great idea!

Since: Apr 08

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Apr 28, 2008
La Mirada is in need of a farmers market! One of the things I love most about La Mirada is the fact that we are still a tight knit community that is still considered a small town in the eyes of Los Angeles. Thriving as a community is what I have seen in the 16 years I have lived here. From enjoying the Celebration in the Park, Knobe Catch, Summer events in the park ect, We should all feel blessed that we have such a grand community! I say that the farmers market would bring our community even closer together. In many cities I see this happening. Why not La Mirada?
idk

Paramount, CA

#6 May 15, 2008
hey brick house is fun.. but they should let us be free a little more

but wat ever i don't care atleast i don't have 2 be w/ my mom or family

i could be w/ my friends & have fun & 4get all about my problems i have in life rite..

wat ever yeah..

so have fun & enjoy it !!!!!

=b =) ;)
ABC

Chino Hills, CA

#7 May 17, 2008
With the Kabosch put on the Pot Clinic.

Some folks might need to recoup their expenses for hydroponics and grow lights.

(Ever notice how some of the sellers at these so-called "Farmer's Marekts" are selling the same brand of lettuce, from the same company as Albertson's and charging 75 cents more?)
great idea

Los Angeles, CA

#8 May 20, 2008
i think its great..great family fun.
great idea

Ventura, CA

#9 Jul 19, 2008
i agree
La Habra Ranch

Whittier, CA

#10 Jul 19, 2008
I love Farmers Markets! Where will the produce be coming from? I will NOT buy overpriced lettuce!We do have La Habra Ranch market with great prices!
Jennifer

Midway City, CA

#11 Sep 1, 2012
autumnsrose444 wrote:
La Mirada is in need of a farmers market! One of the things I love most about La Mirada is the fact that we are still a tight knit community that is still considered a small town in the eyes of Los Angeles. Thriving as a community is what I have seen in the 16 years I have lived here. From enjoying the Celebration in the Park, Knobe Catch, Summer events in the park ect, We should all feel blessed that we have such a grand community! I say that the farmers market would bring our community even closer together. In many cities I see this happening. Why not La Mirada?
I agree with autumrose444. We need farmers in the La Mirada area.
Jennifer

Midway City, CA

#12 Sep 1, 2012
I love farmer's market.
La Mirada Resident

Irvine, CA

#13 Oct 22, 2012
Me too! However, it will only happen in La Mirada if BIOLA wants one.
Fahrmr Jon

Panorama City, CA

#14 Feb 8, 2013
I second that emotion.
Farmer in the Del

Arcadia, CA

#15 Feb 8, 2013
I once knew a La Mirada farmer that was quite the raging acoholic. I went to his farm one time and caught him trying to plant his chickens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowland Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 6 min Davis Follower 6,600
Pacheco Why so Nervous Tuttle won't Hurt You 55 min BK Baca in San Diego 2
Rumor or Truth - The Tuttle wants to be City Ma... 1 hr Dysfunctional 6
Monica Garcia Now Living at BP Blvd and Foster ... 1 hr Awh Honey 3
Real Men Don't DO Illegal and Wrong Things to S... 2 hr It will Come 3
Baldwin Park City Manager Going Sid Mousavi Int... 2 hr Not Normal 9
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Bruin For Life 32,288
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rowland Heights Mortgages