Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins an...

Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 23244 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#13073 Jul 23, 2012
VOTER wrote:
<quoted text>
So just who do you support for president Defiant????
I'm still completely undecided. Both of these two candidates are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Even Hillary Clinton would be a better choice.

Obama has shown over 3 1/2 years of totally failed leadership. Romney is a flip-flop artist that was governor of a state known as Taxachusetts.
RomneyCare was the model for ObamaCare.

I am an Independant. I don't support candidates by party line. I support who I think is the best man or woman for the job. You can vote for either one of these two and probably get the same results, IMO.

Just hold your nose at the voting booth.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13074 Jul 23, 2012
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord Obama Almighty!. Finally a sane and rational post that I somewhat agree with.
Romney is about as two-faced as it gets and he was also governor of a state that burns witches and handguns at the stake. He's just as much
of a creep as Obama.
Ron Paul takes Social Security as did Ayn Rand.

Paul Ryan's budgets adds $5 TRILLION to the deficit.

Who the hell is Gary Johnson.

There are no libertarians in disaster areas.

Your political philosophy and $3.45 will get you coffee at Starbucks.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13075 Jul 23, 2012
Defiant something tells me that Romney is the worst.THERE'S something about that guy that genuinely creeps me out.I've voted for three republicans in a row.THEY finally found one I won't vote for.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#13076 Jul 23, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Defiant something tells me that Romney is the worst.THERE'S something about that guy that genuinely creeps me out.I've voted for three republicans in a row.THEY finally found one I won't vote for.
I'm not having a good feeling about him either. I detest liberals and I think he is probably as liberal as Obama, if not worse.

Bush was no conservative either. People called me a liberal for speaking my mind about him but even the Religious Right finally realized that they were suckered by him.

We are getting nothing but lying crapsacks to vote for. This little video sums up my feelings about the whole thing.

The Most Honest 3-1/2 Minutes of TV

Read more at http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/826699...

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13077 Jul 23, 2012
The closest thing to a real conservative was Paul.He told the truth.Americans apparently want sugarcoated lies.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#13078 Jul 23, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
The closest thing to a real conservative was Paul.He told the truth.Americans apparently want sugarcoated lies.
Ron Paul was also a threat to the Establishment. The same Establishment that picks out the puppets that they want us to vote for. These puppets are
only out to get richer by doing the bidding of greedy corporations.

Obama is just as much of a corporate puppet as the rest of them. Nobody
wants to admit it. His "Hope and Change" is total crap. Nothing has
changed for the poor people except that there are now MORE poor
people.

I work in downtown Houston. It is almost impossible to walk three blocks without being hit up for spare change. It has gotten worse in the past three
years and I have been there five. The media won't tell the truth about how the economy is really doing.

I don't think that electing Romney is going to help. So far, all I have seen
from this campaign is a lot of money spent on mud slinging and not one damn thing to fix any problems.

Location hidden

#13080 Jul 23, 2012
Bull pucky. Obama is the best Republican running this go around. Bishoprick Romney is crazy.

He has been in office for years and:

- there are more guns and tons more ammo everywhere

- no blue helmets in black helicopters have landed on your lawn and forced you to eat broccoli

- gay marriage may or may not happen but it is no threat to heterosexual marriage, divorce and living together are the threats to heterosexual marriage

- he is trying to cut $500M from Medicare fraud, abuse, inefficiencies, costs and the right is going after him for this? They cannot find anything else to gripe about!

- the rightwing is so out of ammo against Obama that they are dredging up long discredited junk to fill the airwaves

Location hidden

#13081 Jul 23, 2012
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Paul was also a threat to the Establishment. The same Establishment that picks out the puppets that they want us to vote for. These puppets are
only out to get richer by doing the bidding of greedy corporations.
Obama is just as much of a corporate puppet as the rest of them. Nobody
wants to admit it. His "Hope and Change" is total crap. Nothing has
changed for the poor people except that there are now MORE poor
people.
I work in downtown Houston. It is almost impossible to walk three blocks without being hit up for spare change. It has gotten worse in the past three
years and I have been there five. The media won't tell the truth about how the economy is really doing.
I don't think that electing Romney is going to help. So far, all I have seen
from this campaign is a lot of money spent on mud slinging and not one damn thing to fix any problems.
All the drop in income happened UNDER BUSH.

The recovery is weak because the bubble and burst were HUGE. In parts of the country housing is recovering which is amazing after the devastation that happened UNDER BUSH.

Why don't you stop voting in Congressional Republiscum who keep trying to derail the economy so idiots in flyover country vote in more Republiscum who do nothing whatsoever useful. The only point of the TeaBagger Caucus is to get jobs for the TeaBagger Caucus.

Bush could have made a go at paying off the National Debt by 2010 which is what Greenspan feared. Instead Bush cratered the economy by cutting revenue and upping expenses. The first MBA President was the worst President in modern US History.

Location hidden

#13082 Jul 23, 2012
"But, the Fed head said, "the most recent projections, granted their tentativeness, nonetheless make clear that the highly desirable goal of paying off the federal debt is in reach before the end of the decade."

And that could be a bad thing.

Running surpluses without a debt, Greenspan warned, would result in the "longer-term fiscal policy issue" of a government paying off its debt, particularly long-term Treasury bonds, before the bonds mature costing it extra money by buying back those securities from private investors before they mature.

Which is very expensive better to buy back only matured bonds, which won't be possible until at least 2011."

time.com

Location hidden

#13083 Jul 23, 2012
That article was from January 2001.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#13084 Jul 24, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
All the drop in income happened UNDER BUSH.
The recovery is weak because the bubble and burst were HUGE. In parts of the country housing is recovering which is amazing after the devastation that happened UNDER BUSH.
Why don't you stop voting in Congressional Republiscum who keep trying to derail the economy so idiots in flyover country vote in more Republiscum who do nothing whatsoever useful. The only point of the TeaBagger Caucus is to get jobs for the TeaBagger Caucus.
Bush could have made a go at paying off the National Debt by 2010 which is what Greenspan feared. Instead Bush cratered the economy by cutting revenue and upping expenses. The first MBA President was the worst President in modern US History.
So you are still blaming bush?
I blame truman , that bastard.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#13085 Jul 24, 2012
Bush was a f>up. Barrac isn't any better.

Location hidden

#13086 Jul 24, 2012
Prior to MBA President, businessman Bumbler Bush we were on track to pay off the National Debt by 2010 or, heck, 2011.

Bishopric businessman Romney promises to return to Bush policies and more. He already has signed on to $5 TRILLION in additional debt.
VOTER

Wichita Falls, TX

#13087 Jul 24, 2012
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still completely undecided. Both of these two candidates are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Even Hillary Clinton would be a better choice.
Obama has shown over 3 1/2 years of totally failed leadership. Romney is a flip-flop artist that was governor of a state known as Taxachusetts.
RomneyCare was the model for ObamaCare.
I am an Independant. I don't support candidates by party line. I support who I think is the best man or woman for the job. You can vote for either one of these two and probably get the same results, IMO.
Just hold your nose at the voting booth.
Agreed. I too am an independent. I vote for the most qualified candidate, and pay no attention to party titles. I can't believe in this country these are the best candidates we can come up with. I would ABSOLUTELY vote for Hillary Clinton before I would vote for either of these 2, and if she would throw her hat in the race I think she could win....
VOTER

Wichita Falls, TX

#13088 Jul 24, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are still blaming bush?
I blame truman , that bastard.
If you voted when Truman was running for President you must be 90 years old. That explains a whole lot....

Location hidden

#13089 Jul 24, 2012
VOTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I too am an independent. I vote for the most qualified candidate, and pay no attention to party titles. I can't believe in this country these are the best candidates we can come up with. I would ABSOLUTELY vote for Hillary Clinton before I would vote for either of these 2, and if she would throw her hat in the race I think she could win....
LOL...because....
VOTER

Wichita Falls, TX

#13090 Jul 24, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...because....
She is a better option than the other 2 combined....

You are certainly good at ridicule and condemnation...So who is your answer to our country's problems?....Your choice as a Presidential Candidate...Mr. Know it All..?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#13091 Jul 24, 2012
VOTER wrote:
<quoted text>
If you voted when Truman was running for President you must be 90 years old. That explains a whole lot....
Ha. Not that old, just making fun of the 'blame bush for everything' crowd. I mean, if we ate still blaming previous presidents for the current ones failings, why font we just keep going back and blame all of them.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#13092 Jul 24, 2012
VOTER wrote:
<quoted text>
She is a better option than the other 2 combined....
You are certainly good at ridicule and condemnation...So who is your answer to our country's problems?....Your choice as a Presidential Candidate...Mr. Know it All..?
SUX is a paid DNC troll.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#13093 Jul 24, 2012
VOTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I may not agree with some things that she stands for, but at least she has a spine and Bill to guide her.

I'm kind of overlooking HillaryCare for one thing, but at least the economy was in a lot better shape during the Clinton years. Bush and this current idiot made things a lot worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Round Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I G P Inc 4 hr Mark R 1
http://weeklyfixpay.com/?ref=118477 8 hr Released fart 4
justin graydon (May '09) 15 hr Fart heard 17
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Thu Farting 902
News Longtime auto dealer, Bob Hoy, died Thu Mom Sniffs Them 19
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Farters 742
News Same-sex marriage ruling faces religious rights... Jun 30 All day runs 43
More from around the web

Round Rock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Round Rock Mortgages