Round Rock Skate Park Vandal Arrested

Round Rock Skate Park Vandal Arrested

There are 23 comments on the KEYE-TV Austin story from Jun 28, 2007, titled Round Rock Skate Park Vandal Arrested. In it, KEYE-TV Austin reports that:

ROUND ROCK Round Rock police said they have arrested a man they suspect painted graffiti at the Clay Madsen Recreational Center on April 30.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KEYE-TV Austin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jun 30, 2007
This individual should be prosecuted to the FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. He blatantly desecrated public property, forcing the skate park to remain CLOSED for MONTHS, and thus HARMING the young people of the community and the Central Texas area.

This individual evidently thought his actions were worthy of public attention. LET'S SHOW HIM AND OTHER VANDALS THAT DESTRUCTION OF PUBLIC PROPERTY HAS REAL CONSEQUENCES.

In this instance, the victims were the tax-payers whose children were forced to skateboard in the street while the City of Round Rock has been forced to spend countless dollars trying to rectify the situation. Meanwhile, the Skatepark is STILL CLOSED, thanks to this criminal.
Skateboarder

Austin, TX

#2 Aug 18, 2007
The day the park was closed me and my friends were planning on going
and thanks to these vandals....we cant go now....for another week.
we have to skate on the road with NOTHING!
Skateboarder Mom

Austin, TX

#3 Aug 20, 2007
There go another couple of punks ruining a perfectly good thing for the rest of us. Thanks, idiots. Why don't you stop "thinking" you are so cool by acting out and being destructive, and instead, start actually "being" cool by practicing and refining your skateboarding skills? Why do you have to mess it up for everyone else who really cares about skating?
Thomas

Round Rock, TX

#4 Aug 22, 2007
Hey none of these posters even live in Round Rock, stay out of our city!
Bart

Georgetown, TX

#5 Sep 9, 2007
It's idiots like Thomas who make us all sick. Voice your opinion if and only you have something important to say. Jerk!
Thomas

Round Rock, TX

#6 Sep 11, 2007
Bart LOL another example of someone that does not belong in Round Rock, sounds like you should follow your own posting, resulting to name calling wow that's a great opinion there and shows a lot of class.
Brent

United States

#7 Aug 13, 2008
Are you guys serious? Art should be encouraged, not discouraged! Unless it was something vulgar, I don't see the problem. Yaaay tooo uptight! In other cities (L.A., Seattle, N.Y., Chicago) the skate parks are full of graffiti. Skaters are free to express themselves. And, why was the park closed due to graffiti? That's ridiculous! It's not like it's a crime scene, lol! Just paint over it and let us skate! I'll buy the paint and paint it myself. Get over it! Sometimes I wonder why I moved here...
Tina

Texarkana, AR

#8 Aug 18, 2008
Keep Hutto Hip! Skater Dudes!
Texas

Irving, TX

#9 Aug 21, 2008
Tina wrote:
Keep Hutto Hip! Skater Dudes!
Well then......move out !!!
Texas

Irving, TX

#10 Aug 21, 2008
Brent wrote:
Are you guys serious? Art should be encouraged, not discouraged! Unless it was something vulgar, I don't see the problem. Yaaay tooo uptight! In other cities (L.A., Seattle, N.Y., Chicago) the skate parks are full of graffiti. Skaters are free to express themselves. And, why was the park closed due to graffiti? That's ridiculous! It's not like it's a crime scene, lol! Just paint over it and let us skate! I'll buy the paint and paint it myself. Get over it! Sometimes I wonder why I moved here...
Well then........move out !!!
HAHAH

Austin, TX

#11 Aug 22, 2008
Thomas...your an idiot. Really...how old are you? grow up.
tina

Decatur, TX

#12 Sep 19, 2008
Keep Hutto Hip ! Pass the word Skater Dudes! Skaters Rule and Vandals Drool!!!! Unless it is for artistic reasons!
tina

Decatur, TX

#13 Sep 19, 2008
Not from killeen, WTH Hutto!!!
RRLLLL

San Antonio, TX

#14 Oct 21, 2008
Its a skate park, not a place for people to sneak into and deface with grafitti. If the citizens of Round Rock wanted it painted, they would have done it or told people they were allowed to paint it under whatever conditions they deemed prudent. Thank God this is R.R. and NOT LA or Chicago! Why would we want to emulate them!
Brent wrote:

Since: Apr 09

Picayune, MS

#15 Apr 8, 2009
Brent wrote:
AMEN, brother! I saw the most beautiful skateparks in the NW United States because they let graffiti happen, as long as it was not vulgar. It was amazing art like I've never seen before. And, if it is bad graffiti, then just deal with it and move on, it isn't brain surgery. This isn't about graffiti, this is about exerting ones political power. Get over yourself and skate.......or paint.

Picayune, MS

#16 Apr 8, 2009
Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then........move out !!!
Great argument. Did you go to college to figure out that witty repartee?

What? Just because people express a disdain for anal retentiveness, you tell them to move out? It is just a skate park. This is not some Italian marble building.

I for one find that good graffiti only improves a skate parks' look. Go hide in your bomb shelter and wait for WWIII to pass. You wouldn't want to take any chances now, would you.

Picayune, MS

#17 Apr 8, 2009
HAHAH wrote:
Thomas...your an idiot. Really...how old are you? grow up.
AGREED.
JayKidd

Austin, TX

#18 Jan 5, 2011
Concerned Citizen wrote:
This individual should be prosecuted to the FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. He blatantly desecrated public property, forcing the skate park to remain CLOSED for MONTHS, and thus HARMING the young people of the community and the Central Texas area.
This individual evidently thought his actions were worthy of public attention. LET'S SHOW HIM AND OTHER VANDALS THAT DESTRUCTION OF PUBLIC PROPERTY HAS REAL CONSEQUENCES.
In this instance, the victims were the tax-payers whose children were forced to skateboard in the street while the City of Round Rock has been forced to spend countless dollars trying to rectify the situation. Meanwhile, the Skatepark is STILL CLOSED, thanks to this criminal.
SHhhhhh.. you need to klose your mouth you dont even know whats goig on with people like him and I and who are you to Judge anyway?

"JayKidd" Kidd City ENT./SOuthWest KOnnect
JayKidd

Austin, TX

#19 Jan 5, 2011
Thomas wrote:
Bart LOL another example of someone that does not belong in Round Rock, sounds like you should follow your own posting, resulting to name calling wow that's a great opinion there and shows a lot of class.
LMBO I agree with you Thomas smd Bart sOmething wrOng with you partna,you on that kitty status right now..

"JayKidd" Kidd City ENT./SOuthWest Konnect
JayKidd

Austin, TX

#20 Jan 5, 2011
biffsk8er wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN, brother! I saw the most beautiful skateparks in the NW United States because they let graffiti happen, as long as it was not vulgar. It was amazing art like I've never seen before. And, if it is bad graffiti, then just deal with it and move on, it isn't brain surgery. This isn't about graffiti, this is about exerting ones political power. Get over yourself and skate.......or paint.
Indeed I agree GREATLY man we have tOo many UPTIGHT people out in Round Rock,I mean really get Over yourself Art is apart Of out kulture sO whats the problem? do you all think yal are too good for a little artistic expression?? SMd shame On yal ROund RocK

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Round Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pathetic excuse for a sister and daughter Dec 15 Shart 6
News Homeland Security chief lauds Texas 'sanctuary ... Dec 13 Fart Calzones 2
Bad Management Dec 13 Will Fart Good 2
To the dumb fk in ny Dec 11 Nose Fart 2
austin mccallum #2 Dec 10 Smelly Fart 4
News Lady Gaga's Love-In Electro-dance validation br... Dec 10 Microphone Fart 8
News How much more money you'll need for a down paym... Nov 28 Farter Know 3

Round Rock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Round Rock Mortgages