Trial reset for Round Mountain man accused of death by meth

Full story: Pahrump Valley Times

The tables had apparently turned by Tuesday when Robert Grimes appeared before District Judge John Davis to reset his trial on a second degree murder charge related to the death of Danielle McCarthy, who died ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Kerri in St Louis

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2007

Just curious as to how this came out.
Knew Danielle's parents and this was really a tragedy.
Michelle

Round Mountain, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2007

Judged:

I just wanted to let you know, if you haven't heard already, that Robert Grimes had nothing to do with this. He happened to be good friends with Danielle and her stupid boyfriend. I was friends with her, as a lot of us here were. We all told her that her boyfriend Anthony Boothman was bad news. She wouldn't listen to us. Anthony had a lot of control over Danielle, who she could and couldn't have as friends, who she could and couldn't talk to etc. It got really bad towards the end. He was out partying and cheating on her all the time while she stayed home, scared. Anthony was bad into drugs. Danielle, decided to explore. All her friends knew and tried to help her. Her employer also tried to help her. She ended up quitting as well as Anthony. After awhile, nobody was able to talk to Danielle and nobody liked her boyfriend. Robert was the only one who remained friends. He is a great guy and everyone here adores him. He has been released on OR and Anthony still reamins in custody. Robert will be pardoned, there is no evidence towards what happened covicting him of any crime. It is horrible what some people have to endure when only trying to be a friend. Anthony on the other hand will be punished as deserved. Danielle was a wonderful friend, we all loved her, so beautiful with a wonderful spirit, who got side tracked by a horrible person. I just want to set the record straight so everyone knows. Thank you for reading!
Kerri in St Louis wrote:
Just curious as to how this came out.
Knew Danielle's parents and this was really a tragedy.
Kerri in St Louis

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2007

Thank you for letting me know. It's one of the saddest things I've ever heard. Ironically, Danielle's parents are also the kind of people who would help someone no matter what. I went to High School and college with them; When my dad was sick they were wonderful and after he died, Danielle's mom was so kind to my mom while she lived alone.

Danielle's parents wanted children so badly and suffered through some devastating events just trying to have her.

We can't change people and that in itself was a tragedy. Here in Missouri, near St. Louis we have a town that is known as Meth Central. The stuff is worse than heroin.

When I saw the posting about Anthony getting a large sum of money I was really po'd. Thank you for being a friend; there's only so much one can do.

Thank you Michelle again;

Kerri B in St. Louis
Jessica

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2007

I went to school with Danielle McCarthy. I wanted to see how everything was going. Hoping maybe the family of Danielle may get somewhat closure. Danielle was a beautiful person inside and out. My daughters father and Danielle grew up together and I know he just fell apart when he found out. We are all in shock to lose such a wonderful person. I am very glad to have known her. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family.
jeez

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

No one deserves that
Melynda

Stanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Michelle you don't even know their relationship. You don't k ow how Anthony and Danielle were. And how they were like. Anthony did not deserve to serve 7 dam years in prison. They both made mistakes in getting into drugs. Anthony isn't stupid, he is now a changed man and has a family and is doing great. We always will remember Danielle and never forget her.
Michelle wrote:
I just wanted to let you know, if you haven't heard already, that Robert Grimes had nothing to do with this. He happened to be good friends with Danielle and her stupid boyfriend. I was friends with her, as a lot of us here were. We all told her that her boyfriend Anthony Boothman was bad news. She wouldn't listen to us. Anthony had a lot of control over Danielle, who she could and couldn't have as friends, who she could and couldn't talk to etc. It got really bad towards the end. He was out partying and cheating on her all the time while she stayed home, scared. Anthony was bad into drugs. Danielle, decided to explore. All her friends knew and tried to help her. Her employer also tried to help her. She ended up quitting as well as Anthony. After awhile, nobody was able to talk to Danielle and nobody liked her boyfriend. Robert was the only one who remained friends. He is a great guy and everyone here adores him. He has been released on OR and Anthony still reamins in custody. Robert will be pardoned, there is no evidence towards what happened covicting him of any crime. It is horrible what some people have to endure when only trying to be a friend. Anthony on the other hand will be punished as deserved. Danielle was a wonderful friend, we all loved her, so beautiful with a wonderful spirit, who got side tracked by a horrible person. I just want to set the record straight so everyone knows. Thank you for reading!
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Round Mountain Discussions

Search the Round Mountain Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Nevada in... (Oct '10) May '14 Sgt Peppers 785
NV Who do you support for Governor in Nevada in 2010? (Oct '10) Apr '14 MikeMike 134
diapers (Oct '13) Oct '13 guest 1
State officials blast county on audit (May '13) May '13 jb two letter name must 1
NV Who do you support for Attorney General in Neva... (Oct '10) Apr '13 Duh 25
NV Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid wins re-election (Nov '10) Apr '13 Dudedad 124
Animal control revisions fail in 2-3 vote (Aug '12) Aug '12 BlackStarRanch 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Round Mountain Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Round Mountain People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE