accident with fatalities at rt 59 and...
fox lake resident

Chicago, IL

#22 Aug 29, 2013
Res wrote:
<quoted text>Probably the PR firm for ARS trying to issue statements, just like trying to bypass 911 before.
Antioch fire member lol
Traveler

Antioch, IL

#23 Aug 30, 2013
Was just driving down 59 near beach grove and there is still construction and manhole covers sticking out of the ground. At night these are very difficult to see. Just curious if this was a contributing factor. It would be nice if one of the local papers actually reported some news on this.
Driver

Mchenry, IL

#24 Aug 31, 2013
Traveler wrote:
Was just driving down 59 near beach grove and there is still construction and manhole covers sticking out of the ground. At night these are very difficult to see. Just curious if this was a contributing factor. It would be nice if one of the local papers actually reported some news on this.
Rt 59 has been torn up since mid July. Why is ths dangerous situation allowed to continue.The village should have acted on this before this tragedy happened.
mtfarms

Lake Villa, IL

#25 Aug 31, 2013
it is not the village it is the state it is a state road. look at the contractor johnson paving they look like a bunch of losers?? they dont know what they are doing by the looks of things.even the sign holder was holding the sign and waving people on talking to someone in a work truck with the stop side out!!looking the other way??? dah.whereis your sign????
antioch

Chicago, IL

#29 Sep 3, 2013
Something is amiss for sure. Sure there was contributing factures involved. Who was the other people too? Sad. Remember when son of the owner of Steitzs bar restaurant was killed years back at 59 & Grass Lake. Some moron hit his motorcycle while stopped and this was a senseless death also. Prayers are with the family.
abc

Chicago, IL

#30 Sep 5, 2013
mtfarms wrote:
it is not the village it is the state it is a state road. look at the contractor johnson paving they look like a bunch of losers?? they dont know what they are doing by the looks of things.even the sign holder was holding the sign and waving people on talking to someone in a work truck with the stop side out!!looking the other way??? dah.whereis your sign????
I just drove down 59 today to see where the accident occurred and one of the workers holding the traffic sign was TEXTING instead of paying attention to his job.
abc

Chicago, IL

#31 Sep 5, 2013
Chitown chill wrote:
Drunk driving was the key factor
You do not know if this is fact. Don't assume and don't spread rumors.
Bartender

Chicago, IL

#32 Sep 6, 2013
abc wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know if this is fact. Don't assume and don't spread rumors.
oh ya it was he was kicked out of the bar. He was refused service for bieng too drunk. Prayers to his family for thier lose
Concerned

Chicago, IL

#33 Sep 9, 2013
I think the facts need to be known, for all residents of the area so rumors AREN'T spread.

Was alcohol a factor or not?
Was speed a factor?(It's a construction zone and everyone knows it's dangerous in the daylight, but speed wouldn't help the situation.)
Texting? Talking on the phone? Any other distractions?
He was a stunt bike rider - would that make anyone believe he would know how to react on a beat up and bumpy road in a car?

We don't know any info about this tragic accident and the lack of reporting doesn't give us any comfort. We need to prevent things like this from happening and the only way we, as a community, can do that, is by knowing the details - no matter how tragic - so we can prevent more young lives from being lost.
WIS

Chicago, IL

#34 Sep 9, 2013
Was the stunt driver the one driving the car? Usually the driver lives and the passenger is the one who gets bounced around or thrown from the car, hits the windshield whatever.
Concerned

Chicago, IL

#35 Sep 9, 2013
WIS wrote:
Was the stunt driver the one driving the car? Usually the driver lives and the passenger is the one who gets bounced around or thrown from the car, hits the windshield whatever.
Very true. As I said, the lack of reporting for the community's sake is what is shocking here. If this intersection/road is dangerous, why has nothing been done about it? If it is not dangerous and the authorities want to blame it on texting/alcohol/stupidity, why haven't they said that either?

There are public records available and sure, one could assume anything they want about Mr. Stewart, but the family and the police need to share information about this event. I understand privacy concerns, but when something like this happens, it only benefits the entire community/county to save more innocent lives.
CrashyCrashy

North Chicago, IL

#36 Sep 9, 2013
He'll be ok.

Roll him around a little bit and splash some water on his face. Should be fine.
Alcohol and speed

Ingleside, IL

#37 Sep 14, 2013
Alcohol and speed was the key factor. Construction zone just helped the car go airborne
Concerned

Chicago, IL

#38 Sep 14, 2013
Is there any proof of alcohol and speed being factors? Proof is the only acceptable means here, not rumors.

ASSUMPTIONS:

1. His parents owned a bar, as previously stated in this thread. He probably worked there at some point in his life and MAY have been drinking the night of the accident.

2. Looking into Facebook a bit more, there are pictures and memorials to him that involve drinking.

3. He was a stunt motorcycle rider, so who knows what he was like in a car.

4. His nickname was "Reckless"; See #3.

The problem here is that there is ZERO proof to anything, whether it was the condition of the construction zone, alcohol, drugs, texting, or sleepiness. There are a million things that can cause an accident and take a young life. What is disturbing is that there are NO news reports anywhere about this accident to help raise awareness for other drivers/young people.
The one who lived it

United States

#39 Sep 16, 2013
Concerned wrote:
Is there any proof of alcohol and speed being factors? Proof is the only acceptable means here, not rumors.
ASSUMPTIONS:
1. His parents owned a bar, as previously stated in this thread. He probably worked there at some point in his life and MAY have been drinking the night of the accident.
2. Looking into Facebook a bit more, there are pictures and memorials to him that involve drinking.
3. He was a stunt motorcycle rider, so who knows what he was like in a car.
4. His nickname was "Reckless"; See #3.
The problem here is that there is ZERO proof to anything, whether it was the condition of the construction zone, alcohol, drugs, texting, or sleepiness. There are a million things that can cause an accident and take a young life. What is disturbing is that there are NO news reports anywhere about this accident to help raise awareness for other drivers/young people.
Concerned thank you for trying to show these guys there are no cold hard facts.......I was in the car and police won't even talk to me and all ems and fire and police are sworn not to disclose any info. So for those of you who think you know what happened or have two cents to share shove it in your ass and move on
Alcohol and speed

Chicago, IL

#40 Sep 17, 2013
He was drinking all day and then left a party to go to local antioch bar he was wasted upon arrival and they refused him service. he sped out of there all pissed off and crashed his moms car because he was speeding through a construction zone all drunk. Soooo lesson is don't drink and drive.
abc

Chicago, IL

#41 Sep 17, 2013
Alcohol and speed wrote:
He was drinking all day and then left a party to go to local antioch bar he was wasted upon arrival and they refused him service. he sped out of there all pissed off and crashed his moms car because he was speeding through a construction zone all drunk. Soooo lesson is don't drink and drive.
...and who are you? Were you there? Did you witness the events? If you're willing to disclose who you are and how you know this to be fact, then maybe someone will believe you. Until then, it's all just speculation and NOT FACT. Give it a rest, and get over yourself.
The one who lived it

Portage, MI

#42 Sep 17, 2013
Alcohol and speed wrote:
Your retarded none of this is true grow up mind your own business.
Alcohol and speed

Chicago, IL

#43 Sep 18, 2013
I was his friend. I only wintnessed the wasted part. The rest came from his family's mouth. Sad to see him go but when u drink and drive u pay one way or another
The one who lived it

United States

#44 Sep 18, 2013
Alcohol and speed wrote:
I was his friend. I only wintnessed the wasted part. The rest came from his family's mouth. Sad to see him go but when u drink and drive u pay one way or another
Which friend are you? Hmm? You obviously know who I am then. So respect the wishes of the family and mine. And quit talking thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Round Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) 7 min Just Saying 71
News Lakemoor Woodman's stalled as parties wait for ... 1 hr Wauconda Jim 2
News Widow of disgraced Fox Lake officer pleads not ... Mon ScoopedYou 14
Support your local GayLords!!! (Jun '11) Jul 23 Chicagoan 43
home choice stores (Aug '09) Jul 23 Unknown 26
News OSHA cites Lakemoor Dental with employee safety... Jul 21 toothless in fox ... 1
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Jul 18 Felicia 135

Round Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Round Lake Mortgages