Lake County Fair attendance down from 2010

Aug 1, 2011 Full story: Daily Herald 6

Augie Imburgia of Round Lake takes down a sign as she and others cleaned up Monday after the just concluded Lake County Fair.

Full Story
round lake

Antioch, IL

#1 Aug 2, 2011
Is it just me or have the prices at the lake county fair gotten ridiculously overpriced? U r easily dropping 200 hundred for 2 adults and 2 kids for one day spent at the fair, I remember the days at the old location, had much better time and saved n my dollars went a lot further.
fairgoer

Peotone, IL

#2 Aug 3, 2011
Yes the prices ridiculously went up for what??? it's nothing how it used to be at the old location. I was hoping this year would be better than last year but nothing is different.
percy

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Aug 3, 2011
Expensive. Boring. The bands were groups I could see for free at area taverns. Everyone that I know that went will not be attending next year.
so funny

Round Lake, IL

#4 Aug 3, 2011
Went last year and it was ok, until we went to play bingo. The bingo tent was right across from the stage and right after we sat down, a group of Mexican musicians took the stage and began speaking in Spanish at earsplitting volume, then playing mexican music. There were about 15 mexicans watching in the seats in front of the stage. For that, they drove the entire bingo tent away, as well as anyone else in earshot, I would guess. We just gave it up as a bad day and left. I did not return this year nor will I in future years. Not paying 10 bucks to get in and huge food/drink prices to be blasted with mariachi music I can hear from the illegals garage down the block.
round lake

Antioch, IL

#5 Aug 3, 2011
Does anyone out there know how we can get the lake county fair associates to understand the complaints visitors have. So they don't blame it on a weak economy for the smaller number of guests.
I mean i really thought it was going to be even better when they moved to the new location, man was I wrong.
percy

Fort Wayne, IN

#6 Aug 3, 2011
For organizers who want to blame it on the economy is sad. Fairs should thrive in a weak economy. Organizers are like politicians, they are out of touch with what the majority wants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Round Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Antioch Rescue Squad - where is the money? 19 min Rez 49
Sheri Jesiel, left, and Loren Karner are candid... 20 min The vote counts 3
PAC Meeting 11 hr calling all parents 1
Review: Jori Riske Lcsw & Robin Miller Lcsw 16 hr grateful 1
Sexual assault charge leads to suspension for R... (Jan '06) 21 hr Really 4
which neighborhood has more crime or is more gh... (Jul '09) Mon juju 122
youth center Mon congrats 4
Round Lake Dating
Find my Match

Round Lake Jobs