Skye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

Does anyone know what happened at Thorntons on Washington and Hainesville last night(Sun. April 13th)?
There were about 50 cops there from all towns including Lake Co., the coroner, the major crime task force, the whole place was roped off with crime scene tape. They were digging through the dumpster and towed a car away. I can not find any info about this. I drove by about 6pm and it was just a crazy scene to see.
MPM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

My mom went in this morning and inquired about what happened. The only thing employees said, was that a man between the age of 20-25 was found dead in his car on the side of the building where the washrooms are.
your neighbor

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

Wow I didnt even hear about this. Any updated information please post. I'm curious to know.
Witness

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

The vehicle was in the front of the building but to the side of the front doors. Black or Dk. Blue newer model pick-up or SUV type vehicle. Possibly from out of town.
A used to be RLPr

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

Has anyone found out anymore regarding this? The age fits my sons friends age group and he grew up there just wondering God forbid we knew this person.
abc2008

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

My brother heard that this may be an o.d. case. Someone supposedly drove up in the car and ran away.
rlp

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

Officials said Monday the preliminary results of an investigation into the death of a man found at a Round Lake Park gas station indicate the man died of a self-inflicted drug overdose.

Round Lake Park/Hainsville Police Chief George Felinko said the body of a man was discovered about 4 p.m. Sunday in the parking lot of a station at Hainsville Road and Washington Street.

Jonathan Tatum, 20, of Lake Villa was in the passenger seat of his own sport utility vehicle, officials said.

Felinko said he contacted the Lake County Major Crimes Task Force to investigate the death.

"We had a man sitting in the passenger seat of his own car, and nobody else around," Felinko said. "Somebody called 911, and we wanted to find out how he got there."

Felinko said investigators eventually located a man who admitted he was driving Tatum's car when Tatum died. The man admitted he fled the scene because of his own past problems with the law.

Coroner Richard Keller said an autopsy performed Monday afternoon showed that Tatum had died of a heroin overdose. Keller said medical records indicated that Tatum had been treated at local hospitals for heroin-related problems in the past.

Felinko said the investigation remains open.
RLB

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

Thank you for the updates!!
A used to be RLPr

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

Man such a waste of life.........I wish there was a way to stop all of this type of thing......very sad
johns friend

Fox Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

john had a very full life and lived it to the fullest. none of you know him so shut the f up
RLB

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

johns friend wrote:
john had a very full life and lived it to the fullest. none of you know him so shut the f up
here we go with the verbal aggressive comments........I knew it was going to come. Just waiting for it.
JOHN"S FRIEND.....no one said anything bad about him. We all wanted to know what the hell happened and so we found out....it was a drug overdose. What did we say so wrong? and why should we STFU? Your right we dont know him but, we live in Round Lake and when we hear of things that happen like this it cuases for concern to know what happened. I'm sorry your friend lost his life to drugs. Not all drug users are terrible people. So please before this gets out of hand and all the nonsense name calling back and fourth (it's going to happen regardless) know that you are grieving and taking things out of context.

God Bless your friend. May he have peace.
WTF

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Judged:

Not all drug users are terrible people? Define terrible! They use drugs. They put peoples lives at risk including their own. They perpetuate a culture of theft, drugs, murder, prostitution etc.

I'm sure this guy was a choir boy, captain of the football team, valadictorian and if he had lived would have found a cure for cancer.

Call a spade a spade.
RLB

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

Ok not feeding into your garbage. The doctor next door could have just tried it once and got hooked. It's not the person that is terrible. It's the drugs that made them that. So before you speak and judge take a good look at your life. Make sure that your loved one was not introduced to it and got hooked on it the first time. You are talking to someone who has an uncle who is a recovering drug addict and he didnt steal, murder or prostitute him self for drugs. It has to take something like intervention a few times in order to help that person and sometimes the withdrawls that they have can cause them to go right back to it. And this kid, you dont know him enough to know the things you accused him of being. If you do then I apologize.

If you feel this way why dont you do something about it to help? Or are you content with sitting behind a computer talking your nonsense?

On the other hand dont be too quick to judge for you will be judged upon one day!!!
sick n tired

Washington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

if we had some sort of healthcare to help poeple with drug addiction it would be great. lake county health department has such a waiting list that poeple like my husband can't get in to receive help! Wake up....lobby for health care for the poor!
JHA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

johns friend wrote:
You knew him so you knew he had a drug problem. What did you do as a friend to help?
SAF

Woodridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

YOU TALK ABOUT YOUR FRIEND LIKE HE WAS A SAINT. BUT OPEN YOUR EYES. HE GOT THE DRUGS AND HE MADE A PERSONAL CHOICE TO DO DRUGS.NO ONE MADE HIM. JUST AS IF I GOT DRUNK AND KILLED SOMEONE I MADE THAT CHOICE TO DRINK AND DRIVE. HIS DEATH AS SAD AS IT IS. WAS ALSO A VERY INCONVIENCE. FOR THE STORE THEY LOST A GREAT DEAL OF MONEY. SO YOUR DRUGGIE FRIEND, AND HIS FRIEND. ARE DOING DRUGS .AND OH IT'S OK TO JUST DROP HIM OFF ANYWHERE. OOPS HE IS DEAD WHO THE HELL CARES . SO YOU STFU. AND DON'T MAKE HIM OUT TO BE A SAINT.
BUT PRAY FOR HIS FAMILY. BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO PUT UP WHITH HIS HABIT TO.
WTF

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

Judged:

Did your uncle drive a car while under the influence? Did you skrew his family financially, emotional while under the influence? He made the choice to do something illegal one time a got hooked. Hmmm. Maybe that is why it's illegal. When they have a huge drug bust somewhere and people get killed does he feel better?
RLB

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

WTF..........PLEASE save your breath!! You probably made illegal choices your self. Did you ever go over a speed limit? That's illegal. Talk about illegal in your own little world. PEOPLE MAKE STUPID POOR CHOICES but it does not make them a looser!!!

As far as my UNCLE goes, I dont know what he did while he was on drugs. I was a stupid moron like you who judged him becuase of him doing drugs and know how he is now that he is clean and see a total different person. I gave up on him like today's society who love to bitch and complain about things instead of seeing it being serious and trying to do something to help. Even if it was researching for my aunt to find places who would accept him and his insurance to get the help.

UNLIKE YOU who sits behind a f!@#ing computer doing nothing but talk shit. SAVE THE ENERGY FROM YOUR FINGERS and pick up a newsletter and join places to help these so called loosers that you are describing. OR use your energy to start a new blog and offer assistance and research for those who want help or need help..........EVen if it is to help the family to search for rescourses.
HOLLISTER

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

just wanted to say that if his family reads this, my prayers and thoughts are with you and know that he is in a better place. am so, sorry for your loss. Know matter what he was a son,friend,uncle,brother and cousin to someone~ god bless!
WTF

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

Judged:

I don't need to because we don't have loser drug users in my family. If we do run into one we will cut them off until they start making the right choices. I'm sorry your family enabled him too long and he was lost.

I don't need to start a useless help line or blog we all know that the % of success at these treatment places is well below 10%. I pay taxes that help these indigents so I'm already doing my part.

Peace be with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of63
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Lake County was issued at April 16 at 9:40PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Round Lake Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Round Lake Jobs

•••
•••