Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Do Not Visit Lakemoor Businesses Until The Red Light Camera at Route 12 and 120 Is Removed.

Be sure to let the businesses know that you won't be patronizing them due to the camera.
Major Deek

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Furthermore, if you safely turned right on red, personally I wouldn't pay the ticket. It is an ordinance violation only and will not be reported to the Secretary of State nor will it be reported to your insurance.

They cannot report these to the state until they rack up 5 UNPAID tickets. This is the law.

They have no way of knowing whether or not you got the notice in the mail unless you go online to view the video. Don't view it.
Major Deek

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Further still.

Submit a FOIA request with the village requesting hard copies of the police chief reports to the village board that contain the red light camera data for the last 4 months. Tell them if those pages end up being more than 50 pages then reduce it by one month.

The first 50 pages of a FOIA request is free.

Perhaps once these things start costing THEM money, they will disappear.

Since: Nov 10

Waukegan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Major Deek wrote:
Further still.
Submit a FOIA request with the village requesting hard copies of the police chief reports to the village board that contain the red light camera data for the last 4 months. Tell them if those pages end up being more than 50 pages then reduce it by one month.
The first 50 pages of a FOIA request is free.
Perhaps once these things start costing THEM money, they will disappear.
"WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! They made it easier for me to get caught!!! WAAAAHHHHH!!!!!"
If you stop first THEN turn right, you WON'T get photographed by the cameras!!
Do you feel you're too important to stop first or something??
The rest of us do...or are you better than all of us who stop??
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

The camera does NOT catch the driver. It catches the car.
Big difference.
Most of us including me have multiple cars in the family each registered to a different member of the family.
We often switch cars depending on our car size needs, in the sop for maintenance, or even who has gas at the moment.
I certainly would not want to see my car get a ticket because of the driving of another family member.
I'm told these tickets don't really go against your record but we all know ANYTHING you do gets on your real record for life.
As i pointed out in the other thread even if you do stop just slightly past the white line you still get a ticket.
You sound like one of those whining politicians who voted for these cameras just so you could have more money to play with.
How about letting the PEOPLE vote for these cameras and see what happens.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

So, let's penalize innocent business owners? For something that they themselves may (or may not) be opposed to?
duh

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

GThorogood wrote:
<quoted text>
"WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! They made it easier for me to get caught!!! WAAAAHHHHH!!!!!"
If you stop first THEN turn right, you WON'T get photographed by the cameras!!
Do you feel you're too important to stop first or something??
The rest of us do...or are you better than all of us who stop??
Another person who just doesn't get it. It's not that simple. If you stop and still get a ticket, it will cost you to fight it. If the weather is bad and it is impossible to stop, you still get a ticket and it will cost you to fight it. What part of the above do you not understand?
Major Deek

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

The Red Light SCAM-era companies pay people to post on message boards to "massage" public opinion. They ALL say the same things over and over.

Pathetic.
Major Deek

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

The business owners have a say in what goes on in their town. If they put pressure on the board then the SCAMeras will go away.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Major Deek wrote:
The business owners have a say in what goes on in their town. If they put pressure on the board then the SCAMeras will go away.
If they don't go bankrupt first. Most business these days operate on a shoestring budget.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

News Reader 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
If they don't go bankrupt first. Most business these days operate on a shoestring budget.
Your both right.
Hawthorn Shopping Center fought it and won.
But that was a lot of stores with a lot of money and clout.
Small business on a shoestring profit margin can't fight back.
That is why the PEOPLE should have a right to vote on having red lights put in.
It shouldn't be left up to a few greedy politicians.
They will always vote for it.
haha

Plover, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

just another way for your wonderful state to put their hands in your pockets
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

they are coming to you too.
http://www.photoenforced.com/wisconsin.html

Waukegan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Another person who just doesn't get it. It's not that simple. If you stop and still get a ticket, it will cost you to fight it. If the weather is bad and it is impossible to stop, you still get a ticket and it will cost you to fight it. What part of the above do you not understand?
If a cop pulls you over for not stopping because it's wet out what's the difference?!
You explain to the cop what happened or you go to court and explain what happened if the camera catches you!
Oh sorry, your life is too important to have to go to court to fight a red light camera ticket for stopping too late because it was wet out...
**And if you stopped too late because it was wet out, you were probably going too fast to begin with!
How hard is it to know to drive slower when it's raining, genius?

**And I guarantee...this above scenario has never happened to you. You are happier crying and bitching.**
What about all these a-holes who keep turning left into oncoming traffic after the green arrow has turned red?
Sometimes I count up to five cars who keep turning. Don't tell me you don't notice that!
You'd probably feel sorry for them if they got snapped by a camera..."Leave them alone, they're in a hurry!"
Wait 'til one of those jackasses crashes into a car driven by a pregnant woman....then maybe these cameras won't seem so bad to you.

Waukegan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

BY the way genius of the year, did you hear about the crash on 173 and Kilbourn rd. involving the Jeep and a School Bus on April 5th?
One of the vehicles blew righht through the red light. The Jeep driver was killed and the school bus was all mangled up. Amazingly, none of the kids in the school bus were killed.
But all you people crying like bitches about the red light cameras, "WAAAAAAAAHHHHH!! They're not fair!!!!"
Why don't you ask the parents of the kids on the school bus if they're against red light cameras.
Back to school

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

GThorogood wrote:
BY the way genius of the year, did you hear about the crash on 173 and Kilbourn rd. involving the Jeep and a School Bus on April 5th?
One of the vehicles blew righht through the red light. The Jeep driver was killed and the school bus was all mangled up. Amazingly, none of the kids in the school bus were killed.
But all you people crying like bitches about the red light cameras, "WAAAAAAAAHHHHH!! They're not fair!!!!"
Why don't you ask the parents of the kids on the school bus if they're against red light cameras.
I agree completely. These people drive like idiots and embarass themselves crying about getting caught! You got caught! Deal with it and put on your big boy pants! You have no right to endanger the rest of us with your poor driving skills! Set an example for your children on how NOT to act like a baby when you get caught breaking rules! Your gradeschool children can tell you what a red light means! GROW UP!
Mystery Man

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

I dont think they make em too smart in Waukegan and McHenry

Too dumb to read I guess
Only idiots think a red light camera is for safety
Has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with making money
I guess some people just cant seem to grasp the concept of any government being in it for the money

Waukegan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Mystery Man wrote:
I dont think they make em too smart in Waukegan and McHenry
Too dumb to read I guess
Only idiots think a red light camera is for safety
Has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with making money
I guess some people just cant seem to grasp the concept of any government being in it for the money
You care nothing about it being a money issue. It's partly money and partly safety. I know you want us to think that it's the $$ issue that bothers you.
And if they got rid of red light cameras, Illinois will do other things to make money then, like more "No Turn On Red" signs, lower speed limits, more streets where you can't make u-turns, etc....and then you complainers will REALLY be crying your eyes out. Did you even think about that?
How about just stop at the friggin' red light like the rest of us.
that way, the evil, money hungry government WON'T get the money you don't want them to have. Did you think about that, either?
This isn't rocket science.

Waukegan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Back to school wrote:
<quoted text> I agree completely. These people drive like idiots and embarass themselves crying about getting caught! You got caught! Deal with it and put on your big boy pants! You have no right to endanger the rest of us with your poor driving skills! Set an example for your children on how NOT to act like a baby when you get caught breaking rules! Your grade school children can tell you what a red light means! GROW UP!
You're asking them to grow up?
I don't know, you're asking alot from these red light protesters.
Notice how none of the red light protesters don't complain about the people who blow through the red lights or the people who don't stop and cause crashes, they're only complaining about the cameras because it inconveniences THEM.
Even after I brought up the school bus crash, do you hear the camera protesters showing any sympathy for how traumatic that crash was for the kids on the school bus and how insanely lucky the kids are to be alive?
No....the people being inconvenienced by the red light cameras is far more important apparently.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

GThorogood wrote:
<quoted text>
You care nothing about it being a money issue. It's partly money and partly safety. I know you want us to think that it's the $$ issue that bothers you.
And if they got rid of red light cameras, Illinois will do other things to make money then, like more "No Turn On Red" signs, lower speed limits, more streets where you can't make u-turns, etc....and then you complainers will REALLY be crying your eyes out. Did you even think about that?
How about just stop at the friggin' red light like the rest of us.
that way, the evil, money hungry government WON'T get the money you don't want them to have. Did you think about that, either?
This isn't rocket science.
I care 100% about the money issue and zero about the safety issue.
Right turn on red is the safest maneuver there is.

I learned to drive BEFORE the right turn on red became legal.
So i know how to stop and stay stopped. It wouldn't bother me at all.
Any why would we complain about doing that ?
Especially if it doesn't cause us to get a ticket.
We complain when we get get tickets for stupid laws written just for the purpose of making money.

We do stop at the red light. The problem is WHERE we stop. The cameras are aimed at the line. Most of the time the line is so far back you can't see cross traffic. If you move up and stop where its safer to view ALL traffic then you will get a ticket.

I'll save a discussion about rocket science for someone who can actually understand it. You seem to be having trouble enough just understanding something as simple as a law designed to generate money and not about safety.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Round Lake Discussions

Search the Round Lake Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 32 min CDC 48,961
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr hearon 3,837
Antioch Police and Retail Ban Notices 2 hr Antioch Resident too 36
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Sun newpoly 1,864
Jonah Kinsloving Sun The Professor 2
Rebel flags flying from pick-up trucks (Aug '10) Sun Res 116
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Sun Chicagobunny 527
•••
•••
•••
•••

Round Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Round Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••