Why was Rollins Road traffic diverted...

Why was Rollins Road traffic diverted Sunday afternoon?

Posted in the Round Lake Forum

lisa

United States

#1 Sep 22, 2008
I was going to Gurnee, and traffic was being diverted through the old Dominick's parking lot and around Mcdonald's. There were police blocking the roads and looked like they were surveying something. Any idea?
Resident

Mukwonago, WI

#2 Sep 23, 2008
lisa wrote:
I was going to Gurnee, and traffic was being diverted through the old Dominick's parking lot and around Mcdonald's. There were police blocking the roads and looked like they were surveying something. Any idea?
At 3:14am Sunday morning their was a very bad car crash going off Rollins road into the marshy area.The sound of a car rolling over several times woke me up and went out to investigate it. By the time I was dressed the EMT'S were their attending to the situation. Like I said it was a very bad accident.
Looking at everything-

Mukwonago, WI

#4 Sep 26, 2008
Mr Crab wrote:
I bet the Round Lake Beach Pigs were chasing the person for something stupid..
During this whole time- what I did notice was that their was 1 police car backing up-stopping- and then speeding very fast and then slamming on his brakes while the other Officers were their laughing about it. This took place in the left lane east bound on Rollins road while they were attending to this serious accident. NOT VERY PROFESSIONAL AT ALL!!
rlb resident

Round Lake, IL

#5 Aug 23, 2009
im not sure what happened at 3 but at 1130 pm sunday night a police car was flipped over infront of sammys on rollins
Heather S

Round Lake, IL

#6 Aug 23, 2009
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
At 3:14am Sunday morning their was a very bad car crash going off Rollins road into the marshy area.The sound of a car rolling over several times woke me up and went out to investigate it. By the time I was dressed the EMT'S were their attending to the situation. Like I said it was a very bad accident.
3:15am?? Where did you get THAT info? I drove past the crash at 12:10am...off by quiet a few hours there. Here's a short video of the squad cars responding at 12:10am. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm...
round laker

AOL

#7 Aug 23, 2009
Mr Crab wrote:
I bet the Round Lake Beach Pigs were chasing the person for something stupid..
Mr. Crab...get your facts straight first..it was a round lake heights squad car..and next time you need help...dont call the police...and i BET your stupid...people who obey the laws appreciate what the police do for us...but your probably one of those wannabe gang bangers we have in round lake beach who think they are so tough...lmao
curious reader

Wheaton, IL

#8 Aug 23, 2009
Anyone know what happened on August 22 at midnightish on Rollins Road with a rolled over squad car flipped over at Sammy's? It isn't in the news and it seemed like a big deal!
rlb resident

Addison, IL

#9 Aug 24, 2009
Okay everybody needs to realize the police car was flipped over on Saturday night not Sunday
Concerned RLB resident 2

Mount Laurel, NJ

#10 Aug 25, 2009
I think what the last 5 postings need to realize is the original blog started September 2008 we are in August 2009. This is an old posting regarding an accident that happened when a car flipped over in the Marshy area on the corner of Hainsville Road and Rollins road.
Concerned RLB resident 2

Mount Laurel, NJ

#11 Aug 25, 2009
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/...

A Round Lake Heights squad car flipped over early Sunday morning after being struck by a driver who was answering a cell phone call.

Round Lake Beach Deputy Police Chief Rich Chiarello said the officer, Donald Anderson, has been released from Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville with no serious injuries. The other driver, Maria Mosley, 32, was not transported to the hospital.

Chiarello said Anderson was traveling eastbound on Rollins Road in Round Lake Beach when the accident happened at midnight. Mosley, of 190 Bloomfield Drive in Woodstock, was traveling westbound and pulling into a left turn lane at the intersection with Cedar Lake Road.

Mosley received a call on her cell phone and continued merging into the eastbound lane. She went too far, veering into oncoming traffic, police said.

Anderson saw her coming into his lane and swerved to the right, but she hit his driver's side door.

Chiarello said the squad car then either hit the curb or concrete barricades protecting a nearby fire hydrant, causing the car to flip over.

Mosley was ticketed for failure to yield when turning left. Chiarello said no further charges are being pursued at this time and the investigation is considered complete.

"You should always pay attention when you drive," Chiarello said. "I know the state is considering legislation about (cell phone use,) but you should always make sure that you pay attention."

Whoah see that's why they should ban driving while talking on the phone!!!!!!
Just Sayin

United States

#12 Aug 25, 2009
A guy texting on a cell phone while riding his bike on Washington St. almost ran into me today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Round Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is a new red light camera coming to Wauconda? 7 hr dead grandma 1
Antioch Small Engine Repair is a scam (Jul '11) 8 hr dead grandma 118
Martin Valadez (May '09) 10 hr ray 209
caution,charles trinchetilla III might be back 15 hr enemy1 1
News Sun City sees spike in use of golf carts on str... (Aug '08) Jun 28 DEL WEBBER 10
Macek Rumours! (Mar '15) Jun 24 Issac Newton Fan 27
Barbwire Grill (Jul '15) Jun 23 youknowwhoiam 14

Round Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Round Lake Mortgages