New Osmond Sports Park Signs

New Osmond Sports Park Signs

Posted in the Round Lake Beach Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ex park worker

Round Lake, IL

#1 Aug 2, 2009
Too funny for words, but it's could be true.
SWIM TEAM MOTHERS

AOL

#2 Aug 4, 2009
Is there a chance we could get a pool there. They won't let us practice at lake Wal-Mart any more.Tim said that we would have to pay a higher fee and we just can't afford it right now what with the money we are spending to help get V-Land built.
SWIM TEAM FATHERS

Naperville, IL

#3 Aug 4, 2009
Christ we were wondering where our paychecks were going. I guess little Timmy needs some more coin for his Grimm road (screw Antioch) project.
mooha

Plano, IL

#4 Aug 10, 2009
WE NEED A POOL AT OSMOND PARK,I LIVE IN WINDMILL CREEK SUB. AND THERE IS NOTHING FOR OUR KIDS HERE
WE PAY CRAZY PROPERTY TAXES HERE, UPWARDS OF 7000.00 A YEAR,SO HOW ABOUT OUR KIDS ARE WE ONLY GOOD FOR EASY MONEY?THEY THROW US A BONE BY PUTTING IN OSMOND PARK,BUT THERE IS NOTHING THERE.
I THINK A POOL WOUD BE GREAT.AND ALSO BETWEEN NORTH AVE AND OLD MILL TRAIL THERE IS NOTHING BUT
SWAMP,HOW ABOUT A NATURE WALK.THE VILLAGE DOES NOTHING FOR US,SO HOW ABOUT EVERYONE MAKING A STINK ABOUT IT. I WILL.
mtf

Round Lake, IL

#5 Aug 10, 2009
HEY MOOHA could you find out how much money the village has put in osmond park.I understand that the township has put in about 2 million$with grants and donations.what about the village???I live in the township and pay around $11.000.00 in taxes.If my kids or wife want to use a park or walking trails we have to go to village parks that we spend money on.WE give to village money for fireworks so our kids can pay the same as village kids do at the pool.I thought the village was in the township so why should our kids have to pay more anywaw?????????
Concerned Constituent

United States

#6 Aug 10, 2009
mtf wrote:
HEY MOOHA could you find out how much money the village has put in osmond park.I understand that the township has put in about 2 million$with grants and donations.what about the village???I live in the township and pay around $11.000.00 in taxes.If my kids or wife want to use a park or walking trails we have to go to village parks that we spend money on.WE give to village money for fireworks so our kids can pay the same as village kids do at the pool.I thought the village was in the township so why should our kids have to pay more anywaw?????????
At the last VILLAGE OF ANTIOCH and ANTIOCH TOWNSHIP PARK COMMITTEE MEETING, the controlling body for the Osmond Sports Dump Site, Steve Smouse gave a narrative of Dollars spent at the park for the first phase, which he said is now complete. That there was a $200,000 donation from Joann Osmond exclusively for the second phase of the park site. He also said they found $50,000 in an account to add to the second phase.

I hope the meeting minutes have all the information he covered. There were several officials at the meeting apart from Smouse, the head of Antioch Parks was there and some village and township trustees who all heard the same talk from Smouse.

So, where are the meeting minutes now?

http://www.antioch.il.gov/pdfs/2009_Agendas/0...
I WANNA POOL NOW NOW NOW

Skokie, IL

#7 Aug 10, 2009
SWIM TEAM MOTHERS wrote:
Is there a chance we could get a pool there. They won't let us practice at lake Wal-Mart any more.Tim said that we would have to pay a higher fee and we just can't afford it right now what with the money we are spending to help get V-Land built.
Hey swim team moms, talk to the two idiot soccer mom's, that is if they still live in town after all the hatred poured at them for lying to get the $27 million tax giveaway/builder bailout for V-Land. Maybe they have some spare change laying around for the pool.
I WANNA POOL NOW NOW NOW

Skokie, IL

#8 Aug 10, 2009
mtf wrote:
HEY MOOHA could you find out how much money the village has put in osmond park.I understand that the township has put in about 2 million$with grants and donations.what about the village???I live in the township and pay around $11.000.00 in taxes.If my kids or wife want to use a park or walking trails we have to go to village parks that we spend money on.WE give to village money for fireworks so our kids can pay the same as village kids do at the pool.I thought the village was in the township so why should our kids have to pay more anywaw?????????
1. Your tax dollars do not support the Antioch swimming pool or Antioch Village parks.

2. Take a look at your tax bill. Only a tiny percentage of your bill goes to the Township (or Village if you live there). Most of your money goes to pay for schools.

3. Only a few hundred thousand dollars total have been spent by the Township and Village on Osmond Sports Park, and that includes grant money received. Further, the Village and the Township have shared 50/50 in all costs.

4. The terms of the grants do not permit a pool to be built there.

5. The Village has acquired land top build a pool but lacks the $5 million or so needed fore the first phase of the construction.

Time to be realistic, the economy is in the tank, personnel have been laid off in almost every government entity (except in Obama's administration where there are zero limits on spending our children;s children's children's money). Send your kids to the Antioch pool. Even if you don't live in the Village, your children will be welcome there.
mooha

Plano, IL

#9 Aug 10, 2009
to many undesireables in that pool.
I WANNA POOL NOW NOW NOW

Skokie, IL

#10 Aug 10, 2009
mooha wrote:
to many undesireables in that pool.
So there won't be any "undesirables" if a new pool is built? Last I checked, this nation is based on all (men) are created equal. What would you suggest?

If you do not like swimming in the Antioch pool, drive up to Silver Lake. You will get an excellent Spanish lesson just sitting on the shore.
Joilet ryhmes with

United States

#11 Aug 10, 2009
mooha - Then build your own in your back yard and like your gene pool your family will be the only ones in it.
Big Taxpayer

Skokie, IL

#12 Aug 10, 2009
Hey, I too pay BIG property taxes. I demand a new pool, all new paving on all roads, free food at the Taste of Summer, a limousine to take my kids and I to the Christmas Parade, and I want the Village to buy me a new house and a Cadillac. AND I WANT IT NOW! I deserve it. I pay big taxes. Oh, and keep the undesirables out too. You figure out who they are. I do not deal with such trivia.

Get the pool built or I will get a new Mayor and Village Board. Throw them all out if they cannot come up with the $100 million or so I say we should spend. GET IT NOW. IA AM WAITING FOR MY POOL.
Pool Boy

United States

#13 Aug 10, 2009
The only ones allowed in the pool should be the Swedish bikini team...and myself for pool boy services. Everyone else is undesirable.
I want my mule, 40 acres and a pool with swedish gals.
mtf

Round Lake, IL

#14 Aug 10, 2009
NOW NOW . soyou are saying that township kids that use the pool should pay more?that was the reason givin to us for the 7500.00 donation to the fireworks.maybe you should look into that only a few hundredthousand has been spent.The 1phase was 1.2 million and steve got 560.000.00grant and stimulasand donations with the help of rep. osmond.that is what steve say in july 17 article in the DH that it is going for water and sewer connections for bathrooms and consessions. Maybe i am not reading the article correct!!IF that is so what is the part from the village.I wonder who steve works for the township or the village???It sure seems like he does a lot more for the village to get money for village parks than township parks.
BLINKY

AOL

#15 Aug 10, 2009
I WANNA POOL NOW NOW NOW wrote:
<quoted text>
So there won't be any "undesirables" if a new pool is built? Last I checked, this nation is based on all (men) are created equal. What would you suggest?
If you do not like swimming in the Antioch pool, drive up to Silver Lake. You will get an excellent Spanish lesson just sitting on the shore.
When Obama's done in Mexico every one will be learning spanish, And not just in Silver Lake. If you want to start your lessons early drive thru a Mc Donalds.
antioch land owner

United States

#16 Aug 15, 2009
i wouln't send my kids to antioch pool ,too many
scum bags not to say the diseases floating aroun in there,besides my kids can't speak spanish or ebonics
where is Bob

Round Lake, IL

#17 Aug 15, 2009
antioch land owner wrote:
i wouln't send my kids to antioch pool ,too many
scum bags not to say the diseases floating aroun in there,besides my kids can't speak spanish or ebonics
You are a sick racist.Are your white sheets clean to wear to the next clan meeting?
Luminol

Plainfield, IL

#18 Aug 18, 2009
mooha wrote:
WE NEED A POOL AT OSMOND PARK,I LIVE IN WINDMILL CREEK SUB. AND THERE IS NOTHING FOR OUR KIDS HERE
WE PAY CRAZY PROPERTY TAXES HERE, UPWARDS OF 7000.00 A YEAR,SO HOW ABOUT OUR KIDS ARE WE ONLY GOOD FOR EASY MONEY?THEY THROW US A BONE BY PUTTING IN OSMOND PARK,BUT THERE IS NOTHING THERE.
I THINK A POOL WOUD BE GREAT.AND ALSO BETWEEN NORTH AVE AND OLD MILL TRAIL THERE IS NOTHING BUT
SWAMP,HOW ABOUT A NATURE WALK.THE VILLAGE DOES NOTHING FOR US,SO HOW ABOUT EVERYONE MAKING A STINK ABOUT IT. I WILL.
The constituents of this town amaze me sometimes. After all the issues we've encountered, rising unemployments, spiralizing debt & health care costs, budget shortages, increases in taxes, falling value of our properties, & everything else in between, we still have citizens who want a pool.
Get your head on straight and get the kids to read books, camp, hike, walk, run, play sports, and bike more. This way they won't grow up fat, lazy, and unappreciative.
Wake Up America

Lake In The Hills, IL

#19 Aug 18, 2009
Luminol wrote:
<quoted text>
The constituents of this town amaze me sometimes. After all the issues we've encountered, rising unemployments, spiralizing debt & health care costs, budget shortages, increases in taxes, falling value of our properties, & everything else in between, we still have citizens who want a pool.
Get your head on straight and get the kids to read books, camp, hike, walk, run, play sports, and bike more. This way they won't grow up fat, lazy, and unappreciative.
"This way they won't grow up fat, lazy, and unappreciative.'

Do you mean like our past mayor?
SWIM TEAM MOTHERS

Columbia, MO

#20 Aug 18, 2009
We don't give a damn about you we want what we want. We want a pool and we want it now. If we can't get our friggin shopping center , we want our pool "NOW"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Round Lake Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TLC Coffeehouse Serves Antioch Community 13 min Locally owned 26
Tear down Antioch bowling alley 16 hr still hungry 20
News Antioch buys 50 acres for $1 million to boost g... Wed My kids eat veggies 19
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Jul 29 Chris in Berwyn 121
Finally someone is getting things done in Antioch Jul 29 Lodvus M 22
News Expanding McHenry manufacturer Fabrik Plastics ... Jul 29 Old Timer 3
Light Needed At Molidor And Route 12 (Oct '11) Jul 29 Nellie 39
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Round Lake Beach Mortgages