Case of ill Great Danes grows messier

WOODSTOCK – When the Messinas signed a lease to rent Rick Sperando's home in Spring Grove, he was told they had one dog. Full Story
Eileen Alberstadt

Kennesaw, GA

#1 Oct 23, 2012
I saw the conditions of the dogs that were taken to the rescue. We have not been able to see the 17 housed at the McHenry Animal Shelter because they are Evidence in this case. 6 more were dumped by the roadside in Wisconsin just over the state line. However authorities are stating that they can not prove that they are from the same litters. We need to raise funds so that DNA testing can be done on these dogs to bring Criminal Charges (Felonies) in Wisconsin. We have a FB account for this. These people should not walk away with a slap on the wrist and be able to ever have a dog in their possession again. There are still 6 Adults and 2 full litters missing. We need help and to start paying for the medical bills. I am asking the public to go to our Facebook page. 4 of the dogs being held in Spring Grove belong to Susan Fioravanti-Weaver in Erie, PA. They were stolen by the Messina's and never paid for. We would like to keep the other 3 from the same litter together. She has the AKC papers and pics of these dogs. There are 10 others that need help with their bills with the shelter. The Messina's led Susan Fioravanti - Weaver to believe that Karlia (one of the pups had died). She is very much alive in the Spring Grove Shelter. Thats why we named the Facebook Page KARLIA AND SIBLINGS. If we can raise enough funds, to pay the bills, we would like to see that the dogs in Wisconsin get theirs paid too. We need people out there at the court on Thurs to speak for these animals which many weighed 20 to 30 lbs. when found. The court in McHenry and the Assistant State's Attorney should not give any dog back to the Messinas. I am in Georgia and have been trying all I can to bring attention to this case NATIONWIDE. I am so far away and Susan Fioravanti is in Erie. Last week, She and I both flew into Chicago to be at the Arraignment, of course they pled "NOT GUILTY". The hearing this week is for Susan to accept the Security Bond for her dogs and the funds that we raise will pay for all the dogs. Please help. Even the smallest donation will help. Karlia and Siblings on Facebook. If you could have seen pictures of the inside of that home they destroyed. Black Mold everywhere and even feces in the air ducts throughout the home. Washing feces into the pool and raw sewage into the yard. The Messina's should be closed in a room and have to breath only feces and mold. It is my understanding that DFACS has stepped in because of their young daughter. Who could raise a child in that mess? Please Help. I need people outside that court on Thursday to show the courts that the Salvatore and Patricia are not fit to have any animals. In my eyes, they are nothing but TRASH. Lets get the DNA done on the Wisconsin dogs to bring felony charges as soon as we can. Thank you.
dane mommy IL

United States

#2 Oct 29, 2012
I can't find the Facebook page, how do I donate?
Mystery Man

Naperville, IL

#3 Oct 29, 2012
http://www.nwherald.com/2012/10/25/spring-gro...

i don't know of any Facebook page.
I don't do Facebook
but here is an update to the story from the same paper.
Reality Check

Glenview, IL

#4 Nov 6, 2012
Please do not donate to the idiot above. Should you want to donate please go to the McHenry County Animal Control website or the Lakeland Animal Shelter website. One of the people above is a once partner of Sabras Danes.
Thank you
J Johnson

Rockford, IL

#5 Nov 20, 2012
My daughter purchased a puppy in march from these THIEVES. After 3 days he became deathly ill. Well any how it didn't turn out well . So I filed complaints with the B.B.B. and when they didn't respond to them I wrote to the Attorney General. Little did we know when the police went into their house they found all of my complaints on Messina's desk. The police contacted me and hopefully we will have a chance to tell our story!! The Messina's are Heartless, greedy and disgusting. I wish them 100 times the misery that they caused these innocent,trusting,loving,beaut iful and defenseless dogs. I really pray that every dog really does have it's day!!
AnOldFriend

Lawrenceburg, TN

#6 Jul 22, 2014
I can tell you all this. They never bread dogs before. Patty Carter Messina and Sal use to live in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. When they lived there, Patty ran a small online Electronic Cigarette company with someone out of Florida. She had let a friend and his 78 year old mom stay for a little while and two days before Thanks giving of 2009, kicked the mother out on the streets. She was trying to gain access to this elderly womans banking information and Marilyn McCall was not stupid. Patty stole a laptop, Xbox with 85 games that belonged to Marilyn's grandkids, a 1500.00 Fugi camera, and a bunch of other goods. Marilyn was told not to go to the police or they would kill her!!! God I love Karma :-)

Patty and Sal owned a High Performance shope in Chicago and had burnt it to the ground for insurance money, and had the "destroyed parts" in their garage while Sal collected unemployment benifits for years...and was working for cash at his familys garage. Patty lost Messina's Gallary in Glen Ellyn Illinois and had stolen goods at their rental home in the Glen Ellen/Wheaton area. I hope they get every year, and some. Their son Anthony at least wanted to be an Attourney, but their young daughter was a mess. They let her eat junk food 24/7 and was very, very obese. She is a good kid, but just was the victim of bad parenting. I'm sure Sals dad will pull a few connections since the Father of Sal is well connected to the Chicago mob, as the rest of the family is. I don't see them getting much time. However; the FBI and ATF have interest in in the Messina's, or at least they did back in 2009...maybe give them a heads up as to their where abouts??? ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Round Lake Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2015 Antioch Village Elections 17 hr ANTIOCHIAN 2
Chief Foerster is being sued for Discrimination! (Nov '09) Tue Dude putdownthecr... 72
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints (Feb '14) Tue duh 79
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Nov 20 Sad in Lakemoor 127
Mayor Rich Hill stopped for suspicion of drunk ... Nov 20 j dawg 5
other known drug dealers (Apr '12) Nov 14 MeadowbrookFarmBoy 34
which neighborhood has more crime or is more gh... (Jul '09) Nov 13 j dawg 123

Round Lake Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Round Lake Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Round Lake Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:46 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:46PM
Improving Packers D gets test with Gronkowski - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:55 PM
Will Lions bad offense or Bears bad defense step up?
Bleacher Report 5:56 PM
Breaking Down Lions' Game Plan vs. Bears
NBC Sports 9:17 PM
Week 13 skill-position injury report — Wednesday
Bleacher Report 1:19 AM
New England Patriots vs Green Bay Packers: Breaking Down Green Bay's Game Plan