Christians Celebrate 'Good Friday'

Christians Celebrate 'Good Friday'

There are 7820 comments on the WSAW story from Apr 2, 2010, titled Christians Celebrate 'Good Friday'. In it, WSAW reports that:

Today is Good Friday - which is the last day of Holy Week leading up to Easter. Christians believe the holiday commemorates the crucifixion and death of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSAW.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#7875 Jun 4, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, she's another I've wondered about also, she'd go for long stretches in between posting, but would "check in" from time to time.... but hasn't in a while :/
I thought we emailed each other just before Christmas--- but It was A LOT longer ago than that- she had health issues but didn't say what they were.

“Jesus loves me”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#7876 Jun 4, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello BS, have some sad news - learned today from the others that Educator passed away May 5 . Wondered myself why we hadn't heard from her in a while.
Take care.
Sad to hear this. I remember not seeing her post anythng on here in a while but i didn't know why. I remember her talking about the 'Heaven is for Real' book on here and the Bible and stuff. She will be missed but one day when we get to Heaven we'll get to see her and be with the Lord Jesus and there wont be any death or sickness or bad stuff- i know theres a Bible verse for it but i dont know the exact words or the number.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#7877 Jun 5, 2014
baby-sister wrote:
<quoted text> Sad to hear this. I remember not seeing her post anythng on here in a while but i didn't know why. I remember her talking about the 'Heaven is for Real' book on here and the Bible and stuff. She will be missed but one day when we get to Heaven we'll get to see her and be with the Lord Jesus and there wont be any death or sickness or bad stuff- i know theres a Bible verse for it but i dont know the exact words or the number.
"He will swallow up death forever; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for the Lord has spoken."(Isaiah 25:8)

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."(Rev.21:4)

:)

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#7878 Jun 5, 2014
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought we emailed each other just before Christmas--- but It was A LOT longer ago than that- she had health issues but didn't say what they were.
Yeah, I remember her writing about health issues too, but not being specific. I think in the same post she mentioned she'd be by even more infrequently. She has a FB page, but last post was in Jan. 2013 (by a friend) then another with traffic redirected to a business page. Maybe you could see if that's her, I'm not sure ....

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#7879 Jun 6, 2014
I don't recall seeing a redirect- I'll look again~
Malone

Perrysburg, OH

#7881 Dec 14, 2014
Death.........what is death? What is the curse of death?

Death is an endless darkness, a darkness so dark that it makes the blackest of clouds appear as light.

Death is curse from sin and travels in many forms. In the sky it can appear as a ominous storm cloud ready to unleash its fury on mankind.

On land it behaves like an animal with an insatiable appetite for human souls. It hobbles on one leg as it moans for the souls of men. Its eyes bleed out blood as it drips on down to its beard.

Death walks with a cane and a hunched back as it travels on land. It is bald and has bruises all over its head. Although the majority of its teeth has been knocked out it can still chew on the bones of dead men.

When death opens its mouth flies fly out and maggots feast on its rotten tongue. Brown liquid pours out of its ears dripping on the ground creating cracks.

Death is cold, cruel, calculating, and a curse.

Why is death crippled you ask? Why does is look so detestable? Simple answer. The One who sits at the right hand of Power defeated death at Calvary.

They call Him Emmanuel.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#7882 Dec 19, 2014
Malone wrote:
Death.........what is death? What is the curse of death?
Death is an endless darkness, a darkness so dark that it makes the blackest of clouds appear as light.
Death is curse from sin and travels in many forms. In the sky it can appear as a ominous storm cloud ready to unleash its fury on mankind.
On land it behaves like an animal with an insatiable appetite for human souls. It hobbles on one leg as it moans for the souls of men. Its eyes bleed out blood as it drips on down to its beard.
Death walks with a cane and a hunched back as it travels on land. It is bald and has bruises all over its head. Although the majority of its teeth has been knocked out it can still chew on the bones of dead men.
When death opens its mouth flies fly out and maggots feast on its rotten tongue. Brown liquid pours out of its ears dripping on the ground creating cracks.
Death is cold, cruel, calculating, and a curse.
Why is death crippled you ask? Why does is look so detestable? Simple answer. The One who sits at the right hand of Power defeated death at Calvary.
They call Him Emmanuel.
Hi Malone, my you lit the dark thread up like a Christmas tree :)

Though the shell dies and decays, we- our essence- lives forevermore!
And will have a new 'home'- with Him who redeems...

A blessed Christmas to you and family...

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#7883 Dec 21, 2014
(((((Malone))))) I posted a response the other day but it isn't here /c:

(((((John)))))) Howdy to you (c:

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#7884 Dec 22, 2014
Truths wrote:
(((((Malone))))) I posted a response the other day but it isn't here /c:
(((((John)))))) Howdy to you (c:
Hi Deb :)

Got yer email(e-card),thank you and the same to you and yours- Merriest Of Christmas!
Will write back soon...my best -

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#7885 Dec 24, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Deb :)
Got yer email(e-card),thank you and the same to you and yours- Merriest Of Christmas!
Will write back soon...my best -
Thank you (c: MERRY CHRISTMAS !!
Malone

Perrysburg, OH

#7886 Dec 26, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Malone, my you lit the dark thread up like a Christmas tree :)
Though the shell dies and decays, we- our essence- lives forevermore!
And will have a new 'home'- with Him who redeems...
A blessed Christmas to you and family...
Hey Senecus thanks for the reminder about what happens after death (although I'd rather live to see Christ come back). I get so caught p in this life that I fail to realize that for Christians death is the end of this life and the beginning of a new one. Hope you had a good Christmas. Peace.
Malone

Perrysburg, OH

#7887 Dec 26, 2014
Truths wrote:
(((((Malone))))) I posted a response the other day but it isn't here /c:
(((((John)))))) Howdy to you (c:
Hey Debbie I hope you had a Merry Christmas. What was your response? Can you post it again?
Malone

Perrysburg, OH

#7888 Dec 26, 2014
Hey can you guys tell Dawn, Carol, and Denie I said hello. Thanks.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#7889 Dec 26, 2014
Malone wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Debbie I hope you had a Merry Christmas. What was your response? Can you post it again?
I had a great Christmas- how about you ?
I wrote that it was very graphic and thought provoking- Also noted that each of us Christian or not face the same body decay- BUT our Hope is in The Lord and He will make us whole .

Why not come in to FB (((((Malone)))))) I will tell the Family page HI for you though.
I love you brother <3

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#7891 Feb 15, 2015
Malone wrote:
I really need prayer. I just want to throw in the towel.
Oh Holy God ....

This prayer is for Malone. I pray that he lays his troubles at your feet. We pray Heavenly Father .. To give us this day our daily bread ... To remind us that You provide for us every day and to be dependent upon you.

Lord , be with Malone , give him peace , comfort , and the desire to carry on in the Glory of Your Name..... Thy Will shall be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Let Malone feel Your presence Holy God . In Jesus Name I pray .. amen .

God be with you.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#7892 Feb 16, 2015
Malone wrote:
I really need prayer. I just want to throw in the towel.
My dear lil' brother (((((((MALONE))))))))
So very good for my soul to see your name. I am sorry that you are having a rough patch. Yes brother I will pray for you--- and Hatti has prayed a beautiful powerful prayer <3

You need to stay in touch more with the "Family" ! We miss you and can be there with you in the good and the bad times.

I love you - Deb~

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#7893 Feb 16, 2015
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Holy God ....
This prayer is for Malone. I pray that he lays his troubles at your feet. We pray Heavenly Father .. To give us this day our daily bread ... To remind us that You provide for us every day and to be dependent upon you.
Lord , be with Malone , give him peace , comfort , and the desire to carry on in the Glory of Your Name..... Thy Will shall be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Let Malone feel Your presence Holy God . In Jesus Name I pray .. amen .
God be with you.
Amen

(((((Hatti)))))) God bless you dear sister.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#7894 Feb 17, 2015
Malone wrote:
I really need prayer. I just want to throw in the towel.
Hey Malone, your in "my country" (Pa) now?

Deb is right , you need others around in times of crisis... you need a "Joshua and Caleb" to "hold up your arms" - so to speak- support and counsel. The prayer above is right on and I come in agreement for His touch and guidance in your situation. You're not along < smiles > ...

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#7895 Feb 17, 2015
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Malone, your in "my country" (Pa) now?
Deb is right , you need others around in times of crisis... you need a "Joshua and Caleb" to "hold up your arms" - so to speak- support and counsel. The prayer above is right on and I come in agreement for His touch and guidance in your situation. You're not along < smiles > ...
Yes- we are a 'family' <3

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#7896 Feb 18, 2015
Above post corrections - should be > You're < and > Alone < ....

Mornin' peeps :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rothschild Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware new game of revenege and sick set you up... Oct '17 Dee 1
News More than 100 protest anti-Semitic graffiti in ... Sep '17 WelbyMD 1
News Note gets driver out of parking ticket Jun '17 Emerald 7
News Letter: Carbon tax would help solve warming crisis (Feb '14) May '17 Wolf In The Fold 2
News Voters stand by Trump as champion of political ... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Trumping On 2
News Trump hopes message appeals to Democrats, indep... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Mikey 3
Seeking info on LARRY LESTER SCHROEDER, WD9SEF (Aug '15) Aug '15 Deputy Pruitt 1

Rothschild Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rothschild Mortgages