Christians Celebrate 'Good Friday'

Christians Celebrate 'Good Friday'

There are 7820 comments on the WSAW story from Apr 2, 2010, titled Christians Celebrate 'Good Friday'. In it, WSAW reports that:

Today is Good Friday - which is the last day of Holy Week leading up to Easter. Christians believe the holiday commemorates the crucifixion and death of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSAW.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#7733 Jun 9, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Glowing Candle
There is a peacefulness in the glow of a candle
It takes you to realms where no trouble exists
Places where no drama or trouble lies
No moments of hatred...nor moments of hurt
As one stares into the glow of the candlelight
It soothes and eases one's weary soul.
AJ
LOL I have not been to Topix in more than a week...thought I would take a few minutes and see if by some miracle it had changed. Yeah right!
Anyway...my tracker showed that someone posted here...so decided I would look in here first...glad I did.
Later people...
Why hello my fellow writer :)
Good to 'see' you!
Didd you think you'd actually miss something here(Topix)?

I left a few posts at WSJLM, no change there, and I didn't expect any. Most only come on for sport, many believers too, under the pretext of "spreading the Gospel". Hogwash...they're spreading their own feces along the 'walls'.

Thanks for the shout,and I hope all's going well with you my dear Lass :)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#7734 Jun 9, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5GLwA4P3QDkXX
Thanks for this...

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#7735 Jun 9, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3NqWf4eansAXX
A little different but with a good message.
I enjoyed this, has something of a Reggae beat, I like Reggae(had seen Bob Marley while alive):)

“Jesus loves me”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#7736 Jun 26, 2013
hi whoever sees this :)

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#7737 Jun 28, 2013
Hello ((((((Sister)))))))!

I hope that you are enjoying the summer.

What has been happening in your life ?

Don't forget to LIVE life while you are in it.

With joy in your heart- even through trials and hardship. So glad to see you droping by !

“Jesus loves me”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#7738 Jun 28, 2013
Truths wrote:
Hello ((((((Sister)))))))!
I hope that you are enjoying the summer.
What has been happening in your life ?
Don't forget to LIVE life while you are in it.
With joy in your heart- even through trials and hardship. So glad to see you droping by !
Hey.
Its been pretty ok this summer its been real hot here the past couple days.. i've been going to church more, been able to start going wednesday and sunday nights some.
and I need more "joy in my heart"

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#7739 Jul 8, 2013
Choose to have joy- and God will show you how to have it <3

Glad to see your post (c:

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#7740 Aug 23, 2013
Peeking in to say HI to everyone ~

Deb here---- Hey (((((Educator)))))) I got mail that looked like it was from you- did you send it ?

Location hidden

#7741 Aug 23, 2013
Ephesians 5
(NIV)

1 Follow Godís example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

~*~

Love to each of you <3

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#7742 Sep 19, 2013
Taking a peek in too ,Deb. Unless there's others to rip apart a thread usually dies on Topix. What it seems to be all about, allowing ones "inner serial killer" to roam free and wild.... even among those "christians" who like to post , too;

Just a 'cover' for some.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#7743 Sep 19, 2013
Thought I'd peek in too, hello Deb.

Unless there's others around to rip apart a thread usually dies. What it's all about on Topix ,allowing ones "inner serial killer" to roam free and wild.

Even among many "christians" who like to post, just a cover.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#7744 Sep 19, 2013
And as usual , the site is 'glitchy' and ya post the same twice due to la-a-a-a-g.

What's Shrink's common refrain?

:)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#7745 Sep 19, 2013
Senecus wrote:
What's Shrink's common refrain?
:)
Fart???

LOL

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#7746 Sep 19, 2013
Senecus wrote:
Thought I'd peek in too, hello Deb.
Unless there's others around to rip apart a thread usually dies. What it's all about on Topix ,allowing ones "inner serial killer" to roam free and wild.
Even among many "christians" who like to post, just a cover.
I am not sure why but I still have this thread on my tracker.

Why are there so many of us that "say" we want just a peaceful quiet thread...yet when we do have one...no one posts on it?

I think what most of us want is a place to discuss...share differences...yet at the same time be able to do it without getting attacked constantly...

Problem is...you need numbers of posters or soon you run out of things to say...yet when you have the numbers...we all know what happens.

Go figure...

I have to wonder...do we see the real side of people here...unleashed because it is anonymous? Do we behave in a manner that we wouldn't in real life because someone might know the real us if we did?

Maybe we behave this way in a place such as Topix because in real life...we have to control ourselves so often. We are accountable to those around us where as here...we are not. We just point and click...turn people off...never to think of them again until we choose to.

Imagine the outcome if we treated people that we encounter face to face as we treat people that we never see. It would be a sad world.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#7747 Sep 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fart???
LOL
Exactly !

With an essence of 'locker room', a 'full bouquet'...

;)

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#7748 Sep 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know I'll post here so you can 'see' me(..do I hear Carly Simon in the background "...You're so-o-o-o va-in..." :)
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are there so many of us that "say" we want just a peaceful quiet thread...yet when we do have one...no one posts on it?
Maybe it's "PC" to do so; or some just want to appear upright and righteous , but in a Pharisaical sort of way...ya know , like - giving Granny Moses some alms then later in a dark alley by the Temple shake her down for an offering...
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what most of us want is a place to discuss...share differences...yet at the same time be able to do it without getting attacked constantly...
Problem is...you need numbers of posters or soon you run out of things to say...yet when you have the numbers...we all know what happens.
Go figure...
Yer back to question #2, basically. But to expand, really you're looking for a civil debate forum- like in academia; this is Redrum Saloon in Dodge City.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to wonder...do we see the real side of people here...unleashed because it is anonymous? Do we behave in a manner that we wouldn't in real life because someone might know the real us if we did?
Maybe we behave this way in a place such as Topix because in real life...we have to control ourselves so often. We are accountable to those around us where as here...we are not. We just point and click...turn people off...never to think of them again until we choose to.
Imagine the outcome if we treated people that we encounter face to face as we treat people that we never see. It would be a sad world.
Insightful indeed, actually things we've covered(written about) at various times at WSJLM(now a toilet). And as you write I believe the reasons are multifaceted , anonymity being a real draw and allows many to "cut loose" in ways they could only dream of in 'real life'- if they had the guts to do so. Others I can sense use this place in 'therapeutic' fashion- unleashing pent up aggression that if acted upon in 'real life' would get 'em jail time, or a headline.

It is a "sad world" - just look at the priorities of many here, and the time devoted to such.

What a novel thought to treat people the way we would like to be treated...

"So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."(Matthew 7:12)

Have a good night, Lass:)

Location hidden

#7749 Sep 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Go figure...
((((((Annie)))))))))

Good post~
I have met many over the years that do (mis)behave like the worse ones here. They never found out that polite society will never accept them as is- and they blame everyone else on their own unacceptance and lack of rising above it.

Location hidden

#7750 Sep 25, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know I'll post here so you can 'see' me(..do I hear Carly Simon in the background "...You're so-o-o-o va-in..." :)
<quoted text>
Maybe it's "PC" to do so; or some just want to appear upright and righteous , but in a Pharisaical sort of way...ya know , like - giving Granny Moses some alms then later in a dark alley by the Temple shake her down for an offering...
<quoted text>
Yer back to question #2, basically. But to expand, really you're looking for a civil debate forum- like in academia; this is Redrum Saloon in Dodge City.
<quoted text>
Insightful indeed, actually things we've covered(written about) at various times at WSJLM(now a toilet). And as you write I believe the reasons are multifaceted , anonymity being a real draw and allows many to "cut loose" in ways they could only dream of in 'real life'- if they had the guts to do so. Others I can sense use this place in 'therapeutic' fashion- unleashing pent up aggression that if acted upon in 'real life' would get 'em jail time, or a headline.
It is a "sad world" - just look at the priorities of many here, and the time devoted to such.
What a novel thought to treat people the way we would like to be treated...
"So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."(Matthew 7:12)
Have a good night, Lass:)
Hey (((((John)))))) Maybe ifin' we start fighting- we will dra more posters here (c; *wink* We can get it busier !!

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#7751 Sep 26, 2013
agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
((((((Annie)))))))))
Good post~
I have met many over the years that do (mis)behave like the worse ones here. They never found out that polite society will never accept them as is- and they blame everyone else on their own unacceptance and lack of rising above it.
Indeed, and hello ((((Deb))))

Wrote a little concerning believers here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#7752 Sep 26, 2013
agapaoHope wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey (((((John)))))) Maybe ifin' we start fighting- we will dra more posters here (c; *wink* We can get it busier !!
Probably all it would take! I've travelled the "halls" 'round Topix , visiting other threads on various forums, the active ones all had one thing in common- regardless of topic. Fighting, not "debate", although some would like to call it that - but outright , continuous personal attacks between posters in 'disagreement'. As I mentioned in a post to Annie, this place(Topix) is the 'Redrum Saloon' in Dodge - was never meant to establish a friendly 'chat room'.

I guess you could say it just "feeds the flesh..." and those in deep participation have given in to it, and that includes 'believers'(how many are actually 'believers' is anyone's guess, but I'd imagine - to expand on a quote - "...by the fruit we should know them..."(paraphrase)...no ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rothschild Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Note gets driver out of parking ticket Jun '17 Emerald 7
ivory ann spencer May '17 PimpYourOther 1
News Letter: Carbon tax would help solve warming crisis (Feb '14) May '17 Wolf In The Fold 2
News 2017 Rib Mountain Snowmelt Contest Apr '17 RALPH wEEKS 1
News Voters stand by Trump as champion of political ... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Trumping On 2
News Trump hopes message appeals to Democrats, indep... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Mikey 3
Seeking info on LARRY LESTER SCHROEDER, WD9SEF (Aug '15) Aug '15 Deputy Pruitt 1

Rothschild Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rothschild Mortgages