Many baby boomers assist elderly pare...

Many baby boomers assist elderly parents with expenses

There are 2 comments on the Wausau Daily Herald story from Jan 11, 2009, titled Many baby boomers assist elderly parents with expenses. In it, Wausau Daily Herald reports that:

More families are providing care to their elderly parents as life expectancy rises.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wausau Daily Herald.

Lita

Oakdale, CA

#1 Jan 25, 2009
I think that we reap what we sow in life. I have friends with elderly parents that were loving with a strong sense of family-and those old folks deserve all the help that their kids gladly give. Mine, on the other hand, are nasty, self-centered people who are mentally and emotionally abusive to me & my siblings. They are unpleasant to say the least. All my life, I've never heard a kind word from either of them. Even though they could easily have helped me pay for college, they chose not to, so I went into the military and am now finishing my degree in my early 30s. They belittle, manipulate, and joykill even more now than when they were younger (she's 70, he's 85). I do not owe my parents anything. Their attitude was "everyone for themselves"-so they made their own bed.
Mandy

Charlotte, NC

#2 Jan 28, 2009
This article is so true. As a sales manager for Julie LaTerra Homes, a custom home builder in Charlotte, NC. we see so many boomers who are building a home where they can age in place as well as to accomodate their elderly parents. These clients do have a strong sense of family and are thrilled about designing and living in a home that is custom made for their specific needs. Many of them have separate living quarters for their parents so that everyone can have their privacy, but they can gather when they desire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rothschild Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Human torture and pet torture! Feb '17 dotdotdot 1
Local Tard Feb '17 Ha-Ha 1
Looking for Captains Restaurant recipe - Cheese... (Nov '08) Jan '17 Jeff 6
Marissa Mayer Nov '16 SirQwert 2
loan lender loan shark (Aug '16) Oct '16 Igotmyloan 4
News Voters stand by Trump as champion of political ... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Trumping On 2
News Trump hopes message appeals to Democrats, indep... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Mikey 3

Rothschild Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rothschild Mortgages