He eats apple that fell on head

He eats apple that fell on head

There are 80 comments on the The Deming Headlight story from Oct 11, 2010, titled He eats apple that fell on head. In it, The Deming Headlight reports that:

Can Luna County afford leaders who treat science as if it were a political opponent? Steve Pearce, running for his old seat in our district, is on the record dismissing global warming as "crap" and claiming that it "cannot be validated." He made these statements on a campaign stop in Artesia to the multimedia news source Politico.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Deming Headlight.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jerry Deming

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Oct 11, 2010
Steve Pearce calls global warming 'crap' because it is CRAP! A fraud! a hoax!--- a well-proven giant scam that is being thrust upon us by four distinct types of people---Communists and Sociaists [Like Obama] who wants to control every aspect of our lives--Scam artists [Likee Al Gore] who stand to make millions off his 'carbon credits tax'---Research individuaals who collect big government grants [Like the disgraced Micheal Mann- inveentor of the phoney hockey stick]--and ignorant citizens like D'Ammassa. Let me make this clear--Without CO2, there wouls be NO LIFE on this planet. Many green-houses triple the amount of CO2 [385PPM to 1000 PPM] to increase plant production. I could go on-but if you don't get it by now, there's no hope.......
Earthling

Valencia, Spain

#2 Oct 11, 2010
It's true that natural progress will avoid any future catastrophe that alarmists are panicking about unduly.
Human emissions will not be the destroyer of mankind.
Incredulous

United States

#3 Oct 11, 2010
A reknowned physicist has just resigned, has just resigned from American Physical Society because...

"It is of course, the global warming scam, with the (literally) trillions of dollars driving it, that has corrupted so many scientists, and has carried APS before it like a rogue wave. It is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist. Anyone who has the faintest doubt that this is so should force himself to read the ClimateGate documents, which lay it bare.(Montford’s book organizes the facts very well.) I don’t believe that any real physicist, nay scientist, can read that stuff without revulsion. I would almost make that revulsion a definition of the word scientist."

I think Steve has it right and evidently so does this preeminent scientist.
LessHypeMoreFact

Nepean, Canada

#4 Oct 11, 2010
The professional science and scientists are not intimidated by the denial of the ignorant. Even Luna County has to deal with AGW and the consequences of global climate disruption (as it applies to Luna County). But they can elect a denialist if they want. It will make no difference other than that they will be unprepared and probably lose out on relief programs designed to mitigate the economic hardships. Just look at the farming in BC Canada this year. It is not a small issue..
http://tinyurl.com/22r2q68
Algernon_DAmmass a

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Oct 11, 2010
Fortunately, concentration of exclamation points and rude epithets does not constitute any environmental threat. So enjoy yourself, Jerry.

Of course CO2 occurs naturally, silly. And there are natural processes that have enhanced its concentration in our atmosphere. Human activity, particularly once you look at the industrial revolution and move forward, shows drastic additional concentration as we burn fossil fuel and clear forests. The effects of this are natural, measurable, and will change what we consider a normal way of life -- especially if we ignore or deny what is going on.
Deming Voter

United States

#6 Oct 11, 2010
I agree with Mr. Pierce, it is a scam. Makes the rich even richer.
Earthling

Valencia, Spain

#7 Oct 11, 2010
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
[More spam]
I'm waiting for some evidence that forty is spelt with a U and it's way past time that you found some or admitted that your memory is playing tricks on you, Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#8 Oct 11, 2010
Global warming is certainly not a scam. The evidence is right in front of you. Look at the dramatic changes in your front yard. Then look at the beach erosion in California, not that losing California is a great loss. The beaches are eroding due to Ice melt in Alaska. There is a wealth of evidence proving global warming is real, you just have to be capable of accepting the facts.

As for Mr. Obamination, he doesnt have a clue about global warming and dont care. He only agrees with what the dollar and votes tell him to agree with. He is simply a dictatorial foreign national which has earned credit for nothing. His Nobel was given to him simply because of the color of his skin; he did nothing in the way of peace. So please dont give him any credit toward promoting global warming. It is very real but he doesnt have a clue.
Earthling

Valencia, Spain

#9 Oct 11, 2010
USMC Retired, how does beach erosion prove anything other than natural beach erosion that's been happening for millennia?
How have you managed to link California beach erosion to ice melt in Alaska particularly, why not Greenland or the Arctic or the Moon?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#10 Oct 11, 2010
Earthling wrote:
USMC Retired, how does beach erosion prove anything other than natural beach erosion that's been happening for millennia?
How have you managed to link California beach erosion to ice melt in Alaska particularly, why not Greenland or the Arctic or the Moon?
Years of research by respected scientist from around the globe. The erosion I am speaking of is due to rising water levels in the Pacific. Greenland is on the wrong side of the pole but it does affect the Atlantic. Any ice melt on the moon wont affect California, or anywhere else on earth. The Arctic is on the wrong side of the equator but it and Greenland do affect the bigger picture in the long run. Why is it so hard to accept the facts? Remember, the original study and discovery cost us nothing but the monitoring and research is a very good investment.

Investment into renewable energy and our drinking water supply is something we have neglected far too long. If we dont start taking evasive action now our children, grand children and food chain will suffer catastrophic endangerment. Is it worth it to ignore the problem and make believe it dont exist? Just think about it on a serious level and do a little, honest research.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#12 Oct 11, 2010
I am a very conservative Independent myself but I do my own research and don't rely on rumor mills.
Rogue Hunter

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Oct 11, 2010
Dear Al & USMC,
Just a few years ago it was GLOBAL COOLING.
Now it's GLOBAL WARMING.
The upper midwest had its coolest summer
ever on record last year.
So, as we all know, it's CRAP.
Get over it all you Obamaites.
Next thing you'll be saying is:
"The Earth is FLAT."
Earthling

Valencia, Spain

#14 Oct 11, 2010
USMC Retired wrote:
Years of research by respected scientist from around the globe.
Which respected scientist?
USMC Retired wrote:
The erosion I am speaking of is due to rising water levels in the Pacific.
How much has the Pacific water level risen, as opposed to other waters on planet Earth?
USMC Retired wrote:
Greenland is on the wrong side of the pole but it does affect the Atlantic.
I see, so you don't believe global waters are connected?
USMC Retired wrote:
Any ice melt on the moon wont affect California, or anywhere else on earth.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.:D
USMC Retired wrote:
The Arctic is on the wrong side of the equator
The wrong side of the equatior for what?
USMC Retired wrote:
but it and Greenland do affect the bigger picture in the long run.
I gather you're new at this?
USMC Retired wrote:
Why is it so hard to accept the facts?
Facts?
USMC Retired wrote:
Remember, the original study and discovery cost us nothing but the monitoring and research is a very good investment.
To which, "original study" do you refer?
And what will the investment return in the way of interest?
USMC Retired wrote:
Investment into renewable energy and our drinking water supply is something we have neglected far too long.
At least 50 years, in my opinion.
USMC Retired wrote:
If we dont start taking evasive action now our children, grand children and food chain will suffer catastrophic endangerment.
Endangerment from what, precisely?
USMC Retired wrote:
Is it worth it to ignore the problem and make believe it dont exist?
A problem has existed for many decades, but current thinking will not cure it.
USMC Retired wrote:
Just think about it on a serious level and do a little, honest research.
I've done more research on this subject than I care to admit, have you?
Earthling

Valencia, Spain

#15 Oct 11, 2010
USMC Retired wrote:
I am a very conservative Independent myself but I do my own research and don't rely on rumor mills.
So don't hide your light under a bushel, tell the world all about your research and what it involved?
Lynn

Santa Fe, NM

#16 Oct 11, 2010
Common sense will tell us that the world is changing before our eyes and man-kind will stop that. I think there is some things we can stop doing such as polluting our air and water that may play a very small part. But this world is going to change with time no matter what we try to do WE WILL NOT STOP IT.Time repeats its self. Could we have stopped the ICE AGE.....I don't think so. Thumbs up to Mr. Pearce!!!!
Lynn

Santa Fe, NM

#17 Oct 11, 2010
Common sense will tell us that the world is changing before our eyes and man-kind will never stop that. I think there is some things we can stop doing such as polluting our air and water that may play a very small part. But this world is going to change with time no matter what we try to do WE WILL NOT STOP IT.Time repeats its self. Could we have stopped the ICE AGE.....I don't think so. Thumbs up to Mr. Pearce!!!!
Earthling

Valencia, Spain

#18 Oct 11, 2010
Lynn wrote:
Common sense will tell us that the world is changing before our eyes and man-kind will stop that. I think there is some things we can stop doing such as polluting our air and water that may play a very small part. But this world is going to change with time no matter what we try to do WE WILL NOT STOP IT.Time repeats its self. Could we have stopped the ICE AGE.....I don't think so. Thumbs up to Mr. Pearce!!!!
Well said!
The world never stops changing.
Algernon DAmmassa

Deming, NM

#19 Oct 11, 2010
Rogue Hunter wrote:
The upper midwest had its coolest summer
ever on record last year.
So, as we all know, it's CRAP.
You are confusing weather with climate.
whatdafrig

Columbus, NM

#20 Oct 11, 2010
Algernon DAmmassa wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confusing weather with climate.
Weather... Climate... wow theres a difference? Now how can i get confused over somthing so simple as that? The climate is warm today... The Weather is hot today...

The Weather is cloudy and rainy today...

The Climate is cool and wet...

I dont get it dumbarse...

Better yet I dont give a cr*p... The suns out today, its nice outside. Take your BS liberal democratic war monger hate filled misdirected propaganda and burn a tree... before winter sets in and the climate turns cooler as the weather pattern changes from fall to winter... happens about once every year.

Headlight propaganists... all liberal... all the time...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#21 Oct 11, 2010
Earthling wrote:
<quoted text>So don't hide your light under a bushel, tell the world all about your research and what it involved?
You are making a complete fool of yourself on this board and I will not play party to it my friend. Do your own research; if you are capable of being honest with yourself you will see where you are wrong. Yes, the earth is constantly changing but we must change with it and we are not. Human population and industrialization are growing but we are not adapting to the point of protecting the environment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roswell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What bra size and age??? (Aug '16) Apr 25 Hate pediphiles 3
News County hears concerns over RV parks Apr 25 xray45 1
News County combats housing discrimination Apr 8 3idwa 3
News Publisher of Roswell paper arrested (May '08) Apr 2 Ex-RDR 6
News Immigration courts: record number of cases, man... Mar '17 tomin cali 7
News Cattle Baron founder/CEO dies (Dec '10) Mar '17 You need help 32
Your a Bitch (Feb '11) Feb '17 DislikeDishonesty 14

Roswell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Roswell Mortgages